PDA

View Full Version : Element Move Delay

ThePumpkinKing
11-24-2008, 07:52 AM
I'm using modo 302, and I've noticed a slight delay in the element move tool, no more than about a half a second, however I'm primarily an organic modeler, and this pretty much destroys modo as a modeler for me. It wasn't there before, so is there anyway to fix this?

Martin Kay
11-24-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm using modo 302, and I've noticed a slight delay in the element move tool, no more than about a half a second, however I'm primarily an organic modeler, and this pretty much destroys modo as a modeler for me. It wasn't there before, so is there anyway to fix this?

It's difficult to give a specific answer, but I suspect that all things being equal (ie it's not a graphics card issue or something running in the background) it's probably something to do with the size of the scene or maybe subdivision level which is causing a re-calculation delay in the redraw. You shouldn't get a redraw problem unless you have an absolutely massive scene.

Martin K

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2008, 01:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.