PDA

View Full Version : Sub clip chaos

oldarney
11-24-2008, 06:25 AM
I'm using Adobe Premier pro. I'm using sub clips in my sequence. i exported a sub clip and made some changes in audition, when i went back into Premier and replaced the sub clip with the exported clip i found something interesting.

sub clips still maintain the time code of the original master clip, thus if you export it youll get a video with a timecode starting at 0 while the real subclip may start at any point withing its master clip. so when i replace the subclip premier thinks the video is much shorter and all instances in the sequence get skewed and un playable...

here is an example:
subclip A: 10:30-11:00
extracted Subclip A: 0:00-0:30

I don't want to export the massive master clip just to do some sound edits... any workarounds? maybe a way to reset the time code on sub clips...

I'm running windows Xp and premier pro CS4

Tagger
11-24-2008, 08:39 AM
doesn't premiere come with some kind of bridgefunction to audition ?

oldarney
11-24-2008, 08:51 AM
it does, but its for sound booth not audition... even if it did i would still like to be able to do that... for interoperability with every non adobe video program...

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2008, 08:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.