PDA

View Full Version : Alfred Rig- IK HAND messed up

benjii19
11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi I'm wondering if somebody could help me out of a bit of a mess.

I've been animating in Maya with the Alfred rig by Rodri Torres. Unfortunately now I think I've broken the rig. I think I know why it is broken as I may have unintentionally moved one the joints for the hands instead of the controllers (don't ask why, I don't know)

If anybody is familiar with this rig could they please help me out. I referenced it into my scene so the original isn't broken. Out of curiosity I loaded the rig up in another Maya window to compare the rotations, translations on the rig compared to what I have in my animation file.I should probably point out this problem is in IK.

One thing I found was that when selecting the hand curve control in the hypergraph and looking at the input/output connections, the Right_wrist joint had different rotations to the T pose in my anim. I change these in my piece but as soon as I moved the hand control it flips back to a mess again.

Any ideas? hope I've explained this one OK.

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2008, 08:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.