PDA

View Full Version : Compositing multiple video layers?

midk
11-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone on these boards can give a recommendation as to the software/techniques that would be best for compositing multiple video layers. The project idea involves multiple (3 or 4, maybe up to 6 or so) shots that would have the exact same background, lighting and camera alignment but featuring people doing different things (though not necessarily interacting).

It's a relatively simple idea that I'd imagine there's a good piece of compositing software for. Ideally the software could automatically determine the consistent background and combine the shots at least semi-automatically. While I know a fair amount about 3D graphics, I'm not too knowledgeable about compositing. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the kind of software/workflow this project would require.

Thanks!

scrimski
11-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Easiest way would bo rotoing the persons out of the background but also involves manual work. Another way would be a difference keyer which compares different pictures and eleminates the identical parts.

Doable in almost any compositing software.

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2008, 11:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.