PDA

View Full Version : mia_material_x_passes shader doesn't work with GI itself?

bbrcn
11-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi,

I found that my mia_material_x_passes doesn't work with GI although it has connect itself to the photon shader slot of the shading group. It works, If I replace the photon shader with other photon shaders (basic, dgs_material_photon or material_x). And the material_x works, until I upgrade it..:surprised It's the reason the mia_material_x still exist in the hypershade?

I have search around for answers, havn't seem any one experienced this. Can someone help me figure out what I missed or what wrong with this?

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

chuckie7413
11-22-2008, 01:03 PM
yeah this is a problem with the mia_x_passes material. There are still many limitations to the pass system and compatibility with shaders. I advise watching the maya 2009 render passes tutorial from digital tutors. It hightlights the limitations of the render pass system and shaders as well as showing some workarounds.

bbrcn
11-23-2008, 04:01 AM
Thanks Richard definitely will watch it!

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2008, 04:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.