PDA

View Full Version : Alien Culture is seeking Artists & Modellers

ScribbleHEAD
06-16-2003, 08:24 PM
::Updated - Sunday. 28/12 2003::

.::|HELP WANTED|::.

A L I E NC U L T U R E, is a sci-fi themed
Single Player Total Conversion running on the Doom3 engine, and we are in need of highly skilled people for the following positions:

Let me just point out before some of you read further, we've had some people applying to be a part of our team. Though to no avail have we had near as much response as i atleast hoped we'd get.

I want to point out to anyone that are in doubt, we do select our members based on a specific task we give new applicants - which coincedentally varies from applicant to applicant.

We are looking for members that are willing to add something to our team, not just skills but ideas as well.

Our team is made up of a few members that are acustomed to the gaming/vfx business - though thats certainly not to say that we have an advantage over any other mod group, though it does set some high standards for the art/modelling and animation from time to time.

We are currently in the process of giving finishing touches to our designs, preferably the human design - ships/armor/weapons/interior etc.

Please don't hold back people, at the moment we are really in need of fresh new modellers (pro or amateur - does'nt matter) -(for high polygon models).

I am sorry that i can't give away more about our project, though i am sure that most of you can see that we make a great deal of effort keeping our ideas and story away from less "moral" people.

Concept Artists

We are in need of Artists who are skilled in:

- Prop design (Futuristic waste bins, Unique technical items, Clothing design, computers/mainframes/com centrals etc.)
- Creature Design (Natural flora of the game)
- Environment Design (Alien Vegetation, Landscapes, futuristic buildings & environment visualization 'maps' etc.)
etc.

Note: Skills in 3D Packages (3dsMax, Lightwave, Maya) is a plus but not
necessary.
Note that good pencilling skills are necessary, due to the fact that we need high detail concepts.

Animators/Modelling Artists

We are in need of Animators/Modellers who are skilled in:

- Character Modelling/animation (Humans, Aliens, etc.)
- Vehicle modelling/animation (Tanks, Huge spaceships, etc.)
- Environment modelling (Alien Vegetation, Landscapes, futuristic Buildings etc.)
etc.

Note: Skills in any one of these 3D Packages are critical, preferably newer versions of the programs.
(3dsMax, Lightwave, Maya)
Modellers must be familiar with modelling high poly models, as well as low poly models

If you're interested in being a part of this ambitious project drop an e-mail to our team chief :D: mworks@gmx.de
or post a message in our forum (http://www.alienculture.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi) .

Also you can go to our temporary FAQ for more information

Alien Culture Temp. FAQ (http://www.alienculture.net)

.:Boundless Logo:.

http://www.alienculture.net/images/wallpapers/acwp_boundless_preview.jpg

.:Conceptual Illustration:.

http://www.alienculture.net/images/wallpapers/acwp_blankdec_preview.jpg

More images will become available in the first few months of 2004

Also i'll be happy to answer questions regarding the project.

I've also been asked several times to show off newer illustrations or concept art - this is not possible to outsiders, members get full access to all media.

As with other major projects we take some pride in keeping most of our workings and media secret, until we're ready to show it off to the public. Thats not to say that we won't show off any more concept art, just not until its done.

We'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

E-mail: Janderse@hotmail.com

thats all, thanks.

-Scrib, .:A:C:. Concept Artist

unLevel
06-16-2003, 08:44 PM
NICE LOGO!! :thumbsup:

well, the thing around the logo is nice, maybe if you had the "B" engraved, or beveled out of the dark metal, but it's up to you...

ScribbleHEAD
06-16-2003, 08:56 PM
Actually our lead artist did that one, but thnx anyways :D

unLevel
06-19-2003, 02:47 PM
mind if I play with it just a tad and post my finished product here?

I got an idea, but I won't play with the logo if you don't want me too...

ScribbleHEAD
06-19-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by unLevel
mind if I play with it just a tad and post my finished product here?

I got an idea, but I won't play with the logo if you don't want me too...

go right ahead...:thumbsup:

unLevel
06-20-2003, 04:58 AM
Original:
http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/boundless.jpg

Lightversion:
http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/boundless1.jpg

Darkversion:
http://unlevel.f2o.org/images/boundless2.jpg

I'm just playing here, so I might do some more work on it, if it's ok? pretty please?

unLevel
06-20-2003, 05:06 AM
sorry for the poor quality, I'm a newb :shrug:

megaman
06-26-2003, 07:11 PM
The first light version looks best..
that will look better if its rendered though - the idea is quite nice. we aren't concentrating on THAT stuff though atm. ;)

unLevel
06-26-2003, 07:20 PM
ok, no prob, just wanted to play with it, and thank you for that opportunity :beer:

Keiyentai
07-06-2003, 01:41 AM
The pics are dead :surprised One question though. Does thie game have anything to With "Aliens"? Or is it an Origanal Concept? Reason i ask is the chick Marine looks like Lt. Ripply in a way.

ScribbleHEAD
07-06-2003, 01:40 PM
1. No, the game has as far as we know nothing in common with either the games or the movie "A L I E N"

2. As of now i've been told a couple of times that the soldier looks like lt. Ripply, we're probably taking the consequences of this and are too change her look just enough so that ppl stop assuming that she's Lt. Ripply. :D

We're still looking for qualified ppl, so don't hesitate to email, icq me or post a thread over at our forum ;)

thnx for reading, cheers.

-Scrib :wavey:

CGmonkey
07-10-2003, 10:47 AM
I once nearly joined you when you were still doing the quake 3 engine.. but shrike disapeapered and I've never heard from him since.. :)

ScribbleHEAD
07-11-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by CgMonkey
I once nearly joined you when you were still doing the quake 3 engine.. but shrike disapeapered and I've never heard from him since.. :)

Hehe, actually shrike is still around though he's pretty busy atm...so he can't work so much on AC as he would like to i think. :D

ac_mac
07-14-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Keiyentai
The pics are dead :surprised One question though. Does thie game have anything to With "Aliens"? Or is it an Origanal Concept? Reason i ask is the chick Marine looks like Lt. Ripply in a way.

;)) hehe first of all hello guys..

second.. no alien culture has nothing todo with the "alien" franchise.. as faar as the look of the female soldier.. all soldiers will have more or less short shaved hair.. its a logical design descision and yes they are surely similarities to "alien" , the same alien has similarities to real life situations in nowerdays armies :)

Originally posted by CgMonkey

shrike is a kinda busy man like scribble pointed out... if youre still interested into the project feel free to send me youre resume/portfolio and i go over it (mworks@gmx.de)

:)

mac

ScribbleHEAD
08-05-2003, 09:30 AM
*BUMP*

Sorry just to bump this up on the front page again, but we really need some help, we'll be sure to inform you guys more about the project once we get to see if you have potential for joining AC

DogmaD
08-25-2003, 09:07 PM
The project looks cool! I like the idea of a doom 3 mod. I might be able to put some time in this project.

Is it possible to see some more concept art? I do know how to draw concepts, but i don't know if my style fits the project. I also know how to model and texture in 3dsmax.

Oh, i also have a bachelor degree in programming and currently working on my master in knowledge and media engineering, so i might be able to help programming.

ac_mac
08-26-2003, 10:11 AM
hey DogmaD drop me an email -> mworks@gmx.de and we can go over youre stuff and see if it fits or not..

ScribbleHEAD
10-14-2003, 12:40 PM
deleted*

ScribbleHEAD
11-11-2003, 01:41 PM
Bumping, we still need 1 more modeller.

ScribbleHEAD
12-28-2003, 01:34 PM
I've updated the 1st page - also be sure to check out our website in the coming weeks after new years day.

thanks for your interest guys :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.