PDA

View Full Version : color tones

RoadToAwe
11-21-2008, 01:43 PM
hi, I am quite new to digital drawing but very excited about it! As I have tried a couple of times figuring out a nice technique it has often come down to bad choice of color. Be it skin tones, metal, rubber whatever - I choose the primary colour and then when it comes to highlighting and even more to the shadows I just dont get the right tone. I know you need to consider the suroundings; bouncing light and the material.
I understand there is no "answer" to this, but do you have any tips on how YOU do it? how to create a succesful palette of colors?
//Me

rattsang
11-22-2008, 01:36 PM
by uderstanding how color and light work, read this (http://www.huevaluechroma.com/) - warning it is very complicated!

RoadToAwe
11-24-2008, 02:16 AM
brilliant, that helps alot...just reading through it...and yes it does get rather confusing but not to bad. Now I know what to look for and with a bit of practice I just might get it right, thanks alot!

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2008, 02:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.