PDA

View Full Version : CG Academy Launches Download Service

jonny3d
11-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi, we've been pretty busy of late at CG Academy getting a new download delivery service in place for our customers. More and more have been asking for download as their prefered method of delivery. And we can of course understand that, as standard mail is pretty slow and of course it can cost quite a few Pounds or Dollars to send. FedEx of course is a lot faster, but then is also much more expensive....

So, we have produced a download system that has been designed to give you the best experience possible. And that system is going live today :)

At the moment there is one caveat... We do not have our complete range currently available for download. We have a small selection available to go, and these are listed on our site. We will be expanding that list on a daily basis.

This limited range is because we have changed the menu system on our titles to make them "download aware". Previously the menu assumed (as it was running from DVD) that its videos were always present and available to play. We wanted to allow you to use a title before all the video had downloaded. So we updated the menu to be a little smarter... It now knows what videos are present and shows that visually. Now it only allows you to view chapters that are downloaded and available.

So, converting our back catalog will take time, but the wait will be worth it. So, if you were thinking of buying some of our titles via download, pop over to our site.

http://www.cg-academy.net/ (http://www.cg-academy.net/index.php)

And go for it. And if the titles you want are not available for download yet, let us know and we'll prioritise their conversion just for you ;)

Cheers

Just seen this new release, how great is this!, finally I get the boys in the back room to do DVD updates and grab new releases without waiting for the post to arrive, instant teaching for the newbies. I'm going to check this out right now, so should you guys:)

-JonnyRedHeD

AJ
11-21-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm going to check this out right now, so should you guys:) Trust me, reccomendations from members who have only ever commented on the company/product in question doesn't fool anyone.

But thanks for the news none the less.

Chris Thomas
11-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey Jon, I think AJ is suggesting you are not a real person!!

Jon is very really, and I certainly have not just shipped him a case of whiskey for his kind posting of my news.

ha!

No, seriously. Thanks for posting the news Jon, and as you say AJ, news is news no matter how it gets to you.

Cheers

trthing
11-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Finally!

Thank you, Chris!

Chris Thomas
11-22-2008, 12:37 AM
TRTHING: Yep, no more 85% sales tax for DVD import to Brasil :)

Cheers

joshpurple
11-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Thank you :) .

visionmaster2
11-23-2008, 02:43 AM
Chris Thomas "news is news no matter how it gets to you."

Strange concept...

Chris Thomas
11-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Well, not really..... If I say "boo", or if you say "boo", its still "boo", no?

visionmaster2
11-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Your "Boo" is not the same as my "boo"...mine is better :)
what about a "boo" of Freddy Kruger or from the king of the "boo" (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=GGpdPypFiy8&feature=related) ?
are they the same ?
strange conversation, isn't it ? :)

just to say its better to promote your great products (i insist, they are ! ) by yourself, without hiding you under a virtual user .

sorry for my english.

bcloward
11-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Heheh - let's get this back on topic. :)

I'm pretty excited about Cg Academy's new download service. I helped Chris beta test it a bit and I think he has done a wonderful job of creating a convenient service to allows people to quickly get their hands on the training material they're looking for. I'm also excited to see that my DVDs on HLSL shader creation are among the first to be offered for download. Thanks a lot, Chris!

CGTalk Moderation
11-27-2008, 02:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.