PDA

View Full Version : UK pound tanked! Animator's Survival Kit now $760.85!

PieterVH
11-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi all,

This hasn't been reflected on the Animator's Survival Kit website (www.theanimatorssurvivalkit.com) yet, but the current USD price for the entire 16 DVD set is now, unbelievably, 760.85 dollars!

And here's the proof on the Foyles website:

http://www.foyles.co.uk/animatorssurvivalkit.aspUntil coming Monday the 24th there is still the opportunity to preorder at that price, after which the 20% discount comes to an end.

I say screw the recession, this is just great! :)

Cheers,
Pieter.

blenderhead
11-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I say screw the recession

Love to, but its too busy screwing me.

Great price on that set though. Any animation studio would be able to afford that now.

PieterVH
11-21-2008, 04:09 PM

Sorry to hear that. Obviously if you're in the UK this is not that great (tell me about it).

All the best to you, blenderhead.

Kai01W
11-21-2008, 04:18 PM

Great price on that set though. Any animation studio would be able to afford that now.
You should have joined the dark side of the force ages ago....: ;-)
Having worked the last few months in the UK, I wonder when there will be a good time to transfer my sterling. Oh well, it can always get worse I guess....

-k

PieterVH
11-21-2008, 05:24 PM
On top of this (and probably related), Richard Williams has received the Roy. E. Disney award:

The Animaticus Foundation traditionally presents the annual Roy E. Disney Award to the person or organization it feels has most contributed to the animated artform.

as seen in this clip on Youtube:

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ1nbZFdW_c

Congratulations!

Cheers,
Pieter.

Womball
12-02-2008, 04:47 AM
WOW! I did not know he made a series video about his work. I wonder if its as good as the book?

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2008, 04:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.