PDA

View Full Version : symmetry doesn't consider hidden geometry

designingpatrick
11-20-2008, 05:07 PM
A little issue here, I'm not sure if I'm doing this wrong, or if it's supposed to behave like this;

symmetry doesn't seem to work on some geometry's hidden corresponding mesh.

If I am using symmetry, and I hide part of the mesh, then the hidden mesh doesn't receive the deformation. Can I prevent this? If I'm working on a hand, for example, then it is obviously ineffective to work with both hands showing because the arc rotate will consider the scope of the full mesh, which is kind of annoying. Guess I will work on more centralized parts of the body for now...

designingpatrick
11-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Okay, looks like there are two solutions to my complaining. Local symmetry will ensure that my orientation stays local to my modeling, and smart Resym should transfer over mesh deformation. Hmmm...

DustinBrown
11-21-2008, 02:05 PM
ZBrush is behaving the way it's supposed to. If you want to rotate around the hand you're working on, just click the Local button on the strip just to the right off your document. When enabled, it will rotate about the last point you touched on your ZTool.

TIP: If you can't zoom in close enough on the hand because the zoom locks at a certain point, go to the Draw pallet and decrease Focal Length to 25. You can now zoom in closer.

-Dustin

designingpatrick
11-21-2008, 03:53 PM
great! thanks, that should do the trick.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2008, 03:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.