PDA

View Full Version : Maya 2009 30 days trial

elvis75k
11-20-2008, 05:55 PM
30 Days trial avaiable for download.. over at the autodesk.com
Then i think there's no more PLE plan for future release.

ViCoX
11-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Thats cinda evil topic : O I though autodesk dropped maya = D

KidderD
11-20-2008, 06:04 PM
The most interesting part... is it is the Unlimited version.

Pinoy McGee
11-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh my gosh. I hope they didn't nuke the frigging oh-so-beloved watermarks!

vlad74
11-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I think you should change the name ot thread Elvis. It is a bit misleading.

ThomasMahler
11-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Dang, so no free Maya license.

But does that mean that they'll cancel out Complete?

ThirdEye
11-20-2008, 08:55 PM
I think you should change the name ot thread Elvis. It is a bit misleading.
done

cresshead
11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Hmm..

link to maya 30day demo page>>

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/mform?siteID=123112&id=12035483

PLE version is still availabel BTW
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/mform?siteID=123112&id=9432085

DuttyFoot
11-21-2008, 03:06 AM
the ple is still there.

BubaBrown
11-21-2008, 08:59 PM
This really looks like they are eventually killing Maya. No PLE, probably only one version. It will be same with the XSI in near future.

They are only doing it for money. Autodesk has become more evil then MS.

They only force people to think more about use more free and cheaper alternatives like Blender or Houdini.

cresshead
11-21-2008, 09:25 PM
This really looks like they are eventually killing Maya. No PLE, probably only one version. It will be same with the XSI in near future.

They are only doing it for money. Autodesk has become more evil then MS.

They only force people to think more about use more free and cheaper alternatives like Blender or Houdini.

i think you really need to follow the links to the 30 day demo and ALSO the PLE version of maya...they [autodesk] have added the 30 day demo of Maya unlimited...before that you could only try out maya complete with the maya ple...there was NO way to try before you buy maya unlimited..
BUT now YOU can....it 'better' not worse!

gee all this credit crunch is making people only see doom n gloom!
Autodesk is shining a nice new addition....you know MORE not less!

be happy!:love:

deepcgi
11-22-2008, 12:46 AM
I predicted the death of Maya Complete on the day the Autodesk's aquisition of Alias/Wavefront was announced. The trouble is they waited too long. Now the economy is crashing, and I can't afford big upgrades (even if they are the only game in town).

cresshead
11-22-2008, 01:30 AM
just to clarify those skimming thru this thread...

1.autodesk have ADDED a 30day trial version of maya unlimted
2.autodesk maya ple is STILL avaiable [which is based on maya complete]
3.autodesk maya complete is STILL avaiable

simple as that...

Wonkey
11-22-2008, 03:15 AM
In defense of the panicking people, I searched long and hard for the PLE version the the Autodesk website, and the only way I found it was through the link on this thread.

Cresshead, how did you find it on the site?

cresshead
11-22-2008, 03:20 AM
LOL!
'search long and hard'.....okay try looking at the maya page..i know autodesk love to hide everything!

http://usa.autodesk.com
on that page...click on products...when that drops down...click 'autodesk maya'
...it's on that maya page...you know the FRONT page for maya...little devils arn't they!:rolleyes:

hint to locate it>...under the main paragraph of text you'll see this>>

Maya Personal Learning Edition (PLE) Available
Explore the 3D modeling, particle system, paint effects, shading, and rendering tools in Maya PLE. Download your free Maya PLE software today. (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/mform?siteID=123112&id=9432085)

kiaran
11-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Come on people. Getting really sick of the anti-Autodesk nonsense. These forums are becoming progressively less professional.

Digiegg
11-23-2008, 06:15 PM
So anyone use it yet? how is it?
Anything new on modeling/uv/rendering?

roadRUNN3R
11-24-2008, 03:17 PM
hey guys :) just wanted to ask if the currently available Maya PLE is the Personal Learning Edition of Maya 2009, or if it's some older version?

DuttyFoot
11-24-2008, 03:49 PM
you probably have to download it to find out, or check the download page to see if it says what version it is based on.

cheebamonkey
11-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Come on people. Getting really sick of the anti-Autodesk nonsense. These forums are becoming progressively less professional.

I agree. uneducated childish bitching for the sake of bitching isn't productive.

roadRUNN3R
11-24-2008, 05:15 PM
you probably have to download it to find out, or check the download page to see if it says what version it is based on.

kk, will do... i didn't find it on the download page, so i thought i'd ask if abybody tried it alrdy :)

cresshead
11-24-2008, 06:08 PM
hey guys :) just wanted to ask if the currently available Maya PLE is the Personal Learning Edition of Maya 2009, or if it's some older version?

currently it's based around maya complete 8.5 except it's not multithreaded [faq on ALL ple version of maya in the past also had no multithreading]

dan1el
11-25-2008, 11:25 AM
PLE gone...I just followed you link and I received a Autodesk 404

cresshead
11-25-2008, 02:18 PM
yeah looks like autodesk pulled it so that maya fell inline with 3dsmax and xsi as they have 30day demos of the current software rather than being a version behind with ple.

could be a temp measure ...if they are updating the PLE to maya 2008

DuttyFoot
11-25-2008, 04:14 PM
thats strange because yesterday i went on the site and saw the ple and when you click the link it leads to the form you have to fill out before you download it. it would be really sad if they discontinue it. i think the ple is a good way for people who want to learn maya to at least learn it until they can either buy a student copy or a commercial copy. if houdini and others can do it, i dont see what autodesk has to fear.

wow, i just checked and i dont see it anymore. it looks like they just took it down. someone on the autodesk area site has the same prob. he said the link seems to be broken. hopefully it will be just an update.

cresshead
11-25-2008, 05:26 PM
not had a response from an autodesk employee as yet over on 'the area' so it may just be an update thing...at least that's what i'm hoping!

Wonkey
11-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Just so nobody thinks I'm a complete idiot (which cresshead apparently does), the main Maya page did NOT have a link to PLE when I first posted to this thread. It looked just like it looks now, with a link to the free trial and video demonstrations.

Perhaps the page appeared differently to people who were logged in to the Autodesk site or something, but I couldn't find a link anywhere, even when the direct link cresshead provided WAS working.

cresshead
11-25-2008, 09:59 PM
no one's or nothing's ever "complete" :arteest:we just abandon it in desparation!

it was on that page with firefox and i was not logged in..still no matter tis paper down the loo now!

and the page has been edited since then as we have all found out today..ple has done a runner!

let's just hope the ple will make a daring return soon eh!

chill!

...stee+cats [ pro scribbler ]

CGTalk Moderation
11-25-2008, 09:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.