PDA

View Full Version : New IK/FK arm rigging TUTORIAL

loked
06-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Hey All,

I have just finished the first part of my IK/FK arm rigging tutorial. So go check it out!!! :bounce:

It's a Maya tutorial, but I'm sure its concepts can be used in all packages.

http://infused.f2o.org/Back2Back/site

Go to the support section and its there!!

Please feel free to ask any questions or let me know if there are any problems. Thanks!!

Enjoy:thumbsup:
Later:wavey:
loked

Cheng
06-17-2003, 02:59 AM
Good setup for maya 4.5 and before,but why you just give us more advantage for maya 5.0 's skeleton?
I'm a newbie for setup.And I've no idea how IK/FK blender can bring us, So I need that more than this.
Whatever, thanks for your work,and waiting for new part for real deformation.

loked
06-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Hey Cheng,

Several people on this forum requested this from me and I dont own 5.0 and cant afford it right now either. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there with the same problem. So this tutorial is for them. For those people that do have 5.0 and dont need to setup the 3 skeleton joint they can still make use of the double joint setup in the shoulder and forearm for better deformation. This is another thing many people ask about.

Sorry it doesn't help you too much :sad:

later:wavey:
loked

nottoshabi
06-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Loked

Thanks for taking the time for doing the tutorial. I know the set up, but the deformation of the arm is a little different than what I do. And your way work just as fine is just a different way of looking at it.

Cheng

I own 5 and there set up is not as nice as the 3 arm rig, so take the time and learn it, its verry simple. Thats just my mine 2 cents. ;)

loked
06-17-2003, 10:38 PM
Hey nottoshabi :)

It's my pleasure :thumbsup:

I must agree with you about learning the setup even if you own 5. It's always good to know as much as possible. You never know how the principles behind the setup might be able to lend itself to something really bizarre that you just never thought it could be applied to.

Later:wavey:
loked

Cheng
06-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Sorry for my fist reply. My english is so poor and I can't deliver myself exactly.I really study more from your article,but because I'm a newbie for setup like I've said.So I'm very expecting for a doc for maya5.0.

I really really just think it's not for 5.0 and don't think more for software you're using now.

Sorry again and more thanks for your doc and nottoshabi's
reply.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.