PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Drop Shadow

shimra
06-16-2003, 07:49 AM
okay i made a few shapes with the elipse tool and then applied a drop shadow effect to it but now i need to use the same thing on another layer but whenever i make the shape with the elipse tool the same drop shadow effect appears on that layer and if i try to make it different on that specified layer it changes them all. how can i stop this? thanks for any help. :applause:

BooRadLey
06-16-2003, 09:07 AM
in the drop shadow options there is a checkbox called "Use Global Light" uncheck this and that dropshadow will use its own light source, so you can change it around and it wont affect your otrher dropshadows and other effects like bevels.

Brad

Mortazah
06-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Hi | shimra |...
when you add an effect to a shape a small (f) will appeare next to the name of laye(which shows that layer has effect)...is it ok?:)...
now right click in this (f) and choose "Creat Layer"...
Photoshop`s gonna put the effect on another layer... now you can change any thing on effect because it`s now a Normal layer!:)
Look at the Picture I attached

:wavey:

BooRadLey
06-16-2003, 09:15 AM
That works too :D but then you're stuck with your choice and you cant go back to edit it later, either way :scream:

Brad

Mortazah
06-17-2003, 05:09 AM
Yeah...the way |BooRadLey| said is better:bounce: ...but maybe you use the second way a day:cool: ...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.