PDA

View Full Version : Path animation

Miyazaki
06-16-2003, 07:11 AM
Seems that MB has no path animation or path constrain :cry: . Or am I wrong? :shrug:

uncommongrafx
06-16-2003, 06:08 PM
I think with it's system of constraints and the like, it's possible. But hell, how and where to start?!:eek:

Amazing proggie. Now, this constraint area is to be understood. sigh

Miyazaki
06-16-2003, 07:41 PM
The constraint section of MB is nice. I love the relationship editor. It works like Cinema Xpresso. Easy to use and powerful. Perhaps it`s possible to simulate path animation with the constraints, but I prefer a simpler method or a kind of motion trail with manipulators. Visual editing of a motion path would be nice, like the path tool in LW. Or a method to import a spline/curve and use it as a path reference. Good idea for next version.

toonshady
06-17-2003, 03:40 AM
Good point. My thesis project had a character holding a rope with a loop. And he's about to hang himself. I too hope that curve can be supported. Althought, there're probably some work arounds.

CurtisG
06-26-2003, 02:40 AM
Hey guys,

Currently, the best way to do sudo-path-editing in Motionbuilder is to use the Motion Blend tool, and edit the position of the Reference-node for the animation track.

In future versions (possible coming soon..=) you will be able to have full control of animation paths.

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.