PDA

View Full Version : Thickening and selection glow?

TiSOy
11-18-2008, 07:13 AM
I'm new to xsi and was wondering if xsi have a thickening tool just like in modo or if not where can I get a script or addon? Not sure if I'm asking it right....And other thing is when I click on edges or points,,,can I make the edges or points larger/thicker and make it glow when I move my mouse over it....Can someone explain to me pls..Sorry I'm nooblet to this...I use lightwave 7.5....Thanks in advance

Werner
11-18-2008, 08:13 AM
You can find a great interactive Thickness addon here http://artifacts.sakura.ne.jp/sakanaya/2008/03/softimagexsi_interactive_thick.htm

When slecting points, polys or edges, just hit shift + or shift - to grow or shrink.
On a side note...it is very easy to change or ad shortcut keys in XSI. I set shift " up as "invert selection"...just like LW. :)

Arbalest
11-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Thats not what he asked I think - he asked to change the size for vertices and edges in the viewport - but I never thought about doing this.

Another (in may opinion WAY better) thickness addon: http://www.kim-aldis.co.uk/drupal-6.1/node/17

grahamef
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
To set the size of vertices in the viewports, choose File > Preferences, click Display, switch to the Component Display tab, and adjust Point Size.

For edges, choose Display > Display Options (All Cameras) and set Wireframe Highlight Width.

One tool that makes components "glow" (highlight) when you move the mouse over them is the Tweak Component tool (M key) but obviously that's mostly useful if you are tweaking components, not selecting them for other purposes.

TiSOy
11-18-2008, 11:38 PM
To set the size of vertices in the viewports, choose File > Preferences, click Display, switch to the Component Display tab, and adjust Point Size.

For edges, choose Display > Display Options (All Cameras) and set Wireframe Highlight Width.

One tool that makes components "glow" (highlight) when you move the mouse over them is the Tweak Component tool (M key) but obviously that's mostly useful if you are tweaking components, not selecting them for other purposes.

Yes Yes,,Thank you...

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2008, 11:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.