PDA

View Full Version : C&C wanted : study of a bug on a rope

staglider2
04-30-2002, 03:35 AM
....and some extra's

SheepFactory
04-30-2002, 09:27 AM
:eek:

I love the colours and the athmosphere , very good job dude congrats. :thumbsup:

A|i

Toeng.com
04-30-2002, 11:31 AM
Very futuristic look ... awesome technique there.

TiGER
04-30-2002, 07:01 PM
i really like the piece. having said that, here are a few compositional problems i can see.
i'm assuming the bug on the rope is suppose to be your center of interest, so my observations are based on that.

1. the person hanging from the side of the structure is in such contrast with the bright background that it's fighting the bug for attention. maybe blur him out a little, soften the edges a bit, and lighten the figure's color.

2. the single light on the dark side of the building is drawing attention away from the bug as well. try dimming the brightness of th light.

3. the bug's position is tangent with the bottom of the composition. the goal of "most" compositions is to hold the viewers eye in the piece. with the bug being so close to the bottom, the viewer's eye just drops off the bottom of the page. i wouldn't recommend moving the bug up because then it would be even with the row of lights on the side of the building, and that would cause another tangent. if you move the bug up past the lights, it would be so far up the rope that you'd have to make it so small that it would be hard to see. my advice would be to extend the comosition down a little bit more and leave the bug where it is.

4. considering the position of your light source, the bottom portion of the rope (and the bug) would be catching some light. i'd lighten that area up and put in some hightlights.

hope this helps! :)

TiGER
04-30-2002, 07:05 PM
these are the areas i'm talking about.

staglider2
05-01-2002, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the advice people ! I'm going to try that composition fix for sure....if i only could do some camera movements, but it is 2D land here..hehe

Again, I really appreciate when people give comments from wich you can tell they have actually looked at the picture....

David

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.