PDA

View Full Version : Game Icon-Character-RCR

MPM
06-16-2003, 05:08 AM
Just thought I'd work off a simple idea. Radio controlled robots.

The aim is to design the robot so when the player plays the game they feel like they are really in control of a powerful and slick machine. The game would aim for realism, hence the player sees the robot through the lens of a little hover bot that follows it around from behind (3rd person over the shoulder perspective).

Alot of ideas about how making a game like this stand out but the focus for now is on designing a wicked looking machine ofcourse, and injecting enough character into it so it can compete with human characters. It will be difficult making this into an 'icon', but with the success of arena style games, especially with the growth of international LAN competitions, I think its a possibility.

http://www.mpm7.com/drawings/dr35.jpg

ckaos@om
06-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Quite nice :!
I believe it has some really good potential : i particularly see some interesting thing in a " big robot+ hover drone" team association!
One tiny crit though : i think the small bot has more character than the big one, perhaps due to the "big eye " on the small one ..

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.