PDA

View Full Version : Mosquito

Moken
04-30-2002, 03:56 AM
Hi,

are you a gene-engineer ??? like to clone famous Actors, Scienetists or singers ???
But how? simply ! you just neet some cell samples and Moken inc. owns the soltion for you!!

The mosquito XXF

with a size of only 3mm and a tank that can contain 1ml blood the XXF is the perfect solotion to steal cells from any you like. ;)

but seriously,
my fist post here and i hope that i get her some good critiques for these images

http://www.moken.de/gallery/SCI-FI/mosquito/mosqito_finale2.jpg

http://www.moken.de/gallery/SCI-FI/mosquito/mosqito_finale5.jpg

http://www.moken.de/gallery/SCI-FI/mosquito/mosqito_finale1.jpg

thx Moken

urgaffel
04-30-2002, 04:35 AM
I like it lots. I can't really find anything to crit... I'd like some full shots of the wings spread out and some close ups. Looks like you've got a good ammount of detail.

with a size of only 3mm and a tank that can contain 1ml blood the XXF is the perfect solotion to steal cells from any you like

And anyone you don't like ;)

Good stuff!

Daveaustin
04-30-2002, 04:48 AM
Very Very nice! what have you modelled it in? how long did it take?

I know questions questions :) out of interest... the blues beams representing the wings.. were they comped in post production or are they part of the scene?

anyway keep the pics coming

telecaustic
04-30-2002, 04:54 AM
When can you have the production model ready? Where is your manufacturing facility? How much per gross? Do you have a strong supply chain? This is exactly what I am looking for in my plans of global domination. hehe. Cool Model!!!

kheemo
04-30-2002, 06:51 AM
wow !!!! nice design ... and really nice texture, I love it !

:thumbsup:

chesky Wang
04-30-2002, 07:32 AM
Nice imagination, I like it.
but I don't wish to meet a really one,
dangerous.:p

SheepFactory
04-30-2002, 07:42 AM
i have more scarier ones in my room , i am killing dozens everyday
:wip:

i love this model , but the eye looks like a flower glued to its head. doesnt match the rest of the model if you ask me.

rock on:buttrock:

A|i

visualboo
04-30-2002, 07:52 AM
Very sweet.... I love the wing idea. The only crit I have is the eyes also. I think it's the petals. Try a few different ideas and post baby post. :D

Nice textures by the way :buttrock:

Jos Metadi
04-30-2002, 11:47 AM
Very cool and original idea and well implemented.

My only suggestion is to make the nose look more like a needle instead of a bent nail.

JoS

Toeng.com
04-30-2002, 12:23 PM
:thumbsup: Very nice indeed ... and the idea is sooo original. I like how u make an intro by making it looks like an advertisement :)

Great job overall. I'd kill to have one of those XXF mosquito.

xynaria
04-30-2002, 12:23 PM
Have to echo the eye comments I'm afraid .. but I'm not afraid to echo the praise too .. Really great model and the renders are looking mighty good too.

and they cried... "anim ..anim ... anim!!!!!!!"

:)

tpe
04-30-2002, 01:49 PM
Hi there great model, and really nice renders. How bout putting a little DOF on it, to show how small it is? I am not 100% sure about the wings, would it be possible to get some kind of plasma web going there? so it hints at the veins in a real bug?

Ok the rest of the post is not a critique, its just because its something i spend a lot of time doing, so just ignore my rant... if its 3mm (could be up to around 7) then it will probably not hold 1 ml of blood (volume of which is 1000 ul) each ul (microlitre is 1mm^3 in volume) so it would probably only hold 1 ul that is quite enoughto get a good PCR off or even do a a bit of sequencing, and if you are after cloning someone then you should be able to get a nucleated cell out of there somewhere and maybe even some cytosol, it would be tricky but possible.

Well if i am critiquing the story it must be a damn good model.

tpe

Korgath
04-30-2002, 02:06 PM
Are you gonna make this fella a little spider bud? Would be cool!

Keep it up!:thumbsup:

Henrik Hörlin
04-30-2002, 06:12 PM
I´ll have one! How much?

If it´s all possible I would like one with physical wings that are transparant but the veins shuld glow like the ones on the ad-picture.
How do you deliver? Does it come flying to your house or does it come in a little box?

Fantastic! It´s amazing what they can do nowadays!

Moken
04-30-2002, 09:00 PM
uhh i never thought that someone gone like thise thing except me. :bounce:
yeah i think you all right the eyes, neet still some work.

Daveustin: the blue wings are a part of the scene/modell

i allready thougt about animating but this could be very hart for me the render modell got around 500.000polys unfortunately you dont can see all details in the low res pics and dont aks how long the renderding for 1 frame on my system took

well we still have to fix some engine proplems but we think the you can send your orders right now :deal:. the extradite starts the next couple weeks.

or maybe :lightbulb ... i shouldn sale the XXF and rule the world an my own :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

parallax
04-30-2002, 09:57 PM
lovely.:)
I really like the detail.
could you post a really extreme close-up??
like to see that.

Moken
05-01-2002, 01:14 AM
someone who want to be anonymous (i just wondering why?)
ask me if i can post the surface settings for my metal, yeah i can.

Im not sure if i neet to explain the settings, so if anyone wondering way i do this this way i will try to explain

http://www.moken.de/temp/mosquito_bump.jpg

http://www.moken.de/temp/mosquito_diff.jpg

http://www.moken.de/temp/mosquito_reflection.jpg

parallax: i will see if i find some time to render close-up's

see ya

Moken

rusky
05-01-2002, 01:19 AM
hi !
:bounce:

very very nice !!

what software / render did you use...?

:thumbsup:

Moken
05-01-2002, 01:28 AM
hi rusky,

the software i use is lightwave

cu Moken

henry
05-01-2002, 03:53 AM
very nice :) i like your introduction!

bye from henry :wavey:

Prisoner
05-01-2002, 06:51 AM
:buttrock: It ROCKS!!:buttrock:
i liked that wings!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.