PDA

View Full Version : Adding vertices while using the Edit Poly modifier in 3dsmax 2009

roadRUNN3R
11-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi guys,
I'm just starting with box modeling :) I've chosen a car as my first project (Nissan S15 Silvia to be exact). I've made some planes and set them up with the car blueprints and made a box with about six segments to start. I'm also using the Symmetry modifier so I only have to work on one side.

So I move the first vertices into place from the premade segments and now I need more vertices to start adding detail. I read some tutorials on box modeling and usually they just stated to use the cut modifier to add vertices to edges. Well, eventually I found out that I have to use the Slice Plane tool in the Edit Poly modifier. My question is: do I always need to resize and rotate the slice plane into position everytime I need some more vertices, or is there a simpler way of adding vertices/cutting edges?

For example... when I use Adobe Illustrator, I just need to use a command called Add Anchor Points to add an additional point between two anchor points that create a line. If the slice plane tool is the only option than np, I know Max isn't Illustrator :) I just wanted to ask if there was an easier way to add vertices :)

scrimski
11-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Use QuickSlice or Connect.

roadRUNN3R
12-14-2008, 06:28 AM
ok, great, thanks... connect works great :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-14-2008, 06:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.