PDA

View Full Version : Looking for SKILZ for Portfolio work

Ravennome
11-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Hey All,

I'm looking to create some fresh characters for my portfolio reel at Animation Mentor. While I do most class work with the rigs provided by AM, I'm really hoping to create my final work with original stuff from a design standpoint. While I totally love the work created with AM's rigs, there is a lot of it piling up. I want to stand out as much as possible and I feel that my own well animated characters would help this. Plus I really want to some different character styles.

I can model and texture pretty well, and I'm not afraid of rigging tools. However, I'm mainly interested in animation right now, and secondarily character design. So, with that in mind I'd like to leave the other stuff to the pros to do more of a collaboration of sorts.

So, what I'm looking for is a rigger/TD/TA and a modeler (separately or two in one)that are either working or looking build portfolio examples. What I propose is supplying character design(s) to be modeled, UVed(coordinates only if you can texture let me know) and rigged with tight controls for general purpose body and facial animation.

This is a great opportunity to get some sharp animation into your rig or geo respectively, and show off your skills. That said, I understand that not everyone is as motivated by cool work or the whole "my brothers keeper deal"... so I'm willing to down some bone. I'm a student so it won't be Bruckheimer bills but I'll try to make it worth your while. Granted free is awesome but I know in folks gotta eat.

If you or anyone you know would be interested, get on the horn.

I'm trying to get ahead of this before my big classes get going, so get back to me ASAP.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2008, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.