PDA

View Full Version : 3ds max rotation bull****

unwrap
11-17-2008, 06:44 PM
This is driving me out of my mind :banghead:. I'm trying to animate rotation using keyframing. Naturally, I select desired frame and key rotation angles. This is the stupidest thing I've seen so far in 3ds max: when I type in the coordinates, for example Y:90, X:6 and then I type in the Z:6 and for some reason X and Z become 0. It's like they cancel each other out. If I give X: 12 and Z: 6, X becomes 6 or 18 and Z becomes 0 again. If I set the values using the gizmo, I get the desired position at the beginning and the end but between the keyframes I get some out of control motion which I can't control even using more keyframes, the thing just rotates out of control. My question is WTF and how do I overcome this? Thanks.

Forgive me If I'm being rude, I'am really really really so mad right now over this :banghead: . I've spent like 5 hours on this and still I can't get the simple thing to work.

P.S.
In Maya I do the same thing and it works just fine. Btw my 3ds max version is 7 and I'm required to use only this version, since university can't afford a newer version.

scrimski
11-17-2008, 07:03 PM
What rotation controller? Have you checked your interpolation curves?

unwrap
11-17-2008, 07:04 PM
I have no idea what these are. :rolleyes:

unwrap
11-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Ok i suppose changing the controller helped. But still, I like Maya better.

scrimski
11-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Whatever. Glad it worked out.

unwrap
11-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Yes and I forgot to thank you for the help. :wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2008, 11:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.