PDA

View Full Version : Saving Envelope Weights

[GFS]snoopy
04-30-2002, 02:36 AM
Does anyone know, how I can save envelope weights, so that I can kill the envelope operator and make some modifications to my character?

I've downloaded the 'Ascii Envelope Weights' script from Olivier Ozoux, but it's for XSI 1.5. But in the script, he wrote, that in Ibiza (XSI 2.0) you can save envelope weights (he wrote: 'This is a basic tools to get us by until Ibiza which allows envelope weights presets to be saved.'

Thanks for help!

[GFS]snoopy

Gatsu
04-30-2002, 02:38 AM
-Select your envelope
-Open a weight editor
-Click Save (on top) like a shader preset

Lepo:airguitar

Gatsu
04-30-2002, 02:47 AM
sorry......File>Save Preset not save like a shader:rolleyes:

Lepo

[GFS]snoopy
05-01-2002, 01:41 AM
I've found that option too. Thanks anyway. But here's another problem. If I save and remove my envelope, delete some edges and vertices and reassign my (saved) envelope, there are some vertices at other place spinning around, if I move my bones.

That's my problem: How can I delete components from my enveloped character, without loosing its real time animation ability?

Thanks for help

[GFS]snoopy

Atyss
05-01-2002, 04:46 AM
In the Explorer, right-click on the Envelope Operator and choose Disable from here.

Then do the topology modifications. When you're done, select the new operators and freeze them.

Finally, right-click again on the Envelope Operator and choose Enable from here.

This should work.

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

[GFS]snoopy
05-01-2002, 04:15 PM
Hey cool, I'll try it tomorrow!

Thanks
[GFS]snoopy

asec
05-13-2002, 09:03 PM
before reassigning your envelope you can try after Atyss' tips deform>envelope>'set reference pose' on each deformer you tweak.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.