PDA

View Full Version : Go to rotation: orientation

simonenastasi
11-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi all,
I did this flow. In simple words, the particles do half spin after first test, and should complete the spin after second test. Too bad that they spin back, like this: after first test 0>180, after second 180>0.
The rotations are set this way (world space): 0, 180 and 360. So I wonder why the heck it does 0-180-0.

simonenastasi
11-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Ok, solved with animated shape instances - I was also able to scale them "per event", wasn't able to do it with the scale operator.
Anyway, if someone knows a way to make the trick with "go to rotation", I'd like to know it.
Thanks again, bye!

PiXeL_MoNKeY
11-17-2008, 02:32 PM
How are you setting the rotation are you using quats, or are you using eulers and converting to quats?

-Eric

simonenastasi
11-17-2008, 02:34 PM
How are you setting the rotation are you using quats, or are you using eulers and converting to quats?

-Eric
...can I change that in the rotation operator? O.o
gonna check that right now!
EDIT can't find where I should set it in the pflow rotation op, sorry... :|

PiXeL_MoNKeY
11-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Sorry I thought you were doing the rotations through scripting.

-Eric

simonenastasi
11-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Ok, solved with animated shape instances - I was also able to scale them "per event", wasn't able to do it with the scale operator.
Anyway, if someone knows a way to make the trick with "go to rotation", I'd like to know it.
Thanks again, bye!
Ok, I thought I solved it, but I don't.
If I scrub the timeline forward, all looks fine. Once I render a frame, the animated shape particles go to their (relative) last frame.

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2008, 03:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.