PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Unleashed Into Cinematic

gaborca
11-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Hi,

I have just found this gem. They have put incredible amount of work into this one, I really like the effects and the fast-paced action shots.

Does anyone know who is the production studio?

http://blip.tv/file/1434056/

:gabor

STANER
11-17-2008, 09:47 AM
damn...that explosion at 03:40 looks amazing:cool:

madheavy
11-17-2008, 12:56 PM
That was incredible! I wonder what studio did the animation for that? I hope the game is as good as that trailer. They must have spent some serious time and money on it.Kudos to the director and the animator.

Anyway, did it feel too Final Fantasy- The Spirits Within-ish to you guys?

madheavy
11-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Wow! Incredible! Kudos to the animation team. They spent much time and money on making that. Hopefully the game is 1\2 as good as that was!

Did it feel too Final Fantasy The Spirits Within-ish to anyone else but me?

Bonedaddy
11-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Sonic can breathe in space?

He cut through to the planet's core and it's still in one piece?

Sonic can literally fall through re-entry and land on his feet and be fine?

I... can't... augh... brain... escaping... through... ear....!

swardson
11-17-2008, 03:32 PM
That was a stellar piece. I am just dumbfounded by the animation, fx, shading.... wow. Great work to whoever put it together!

:beer:

Brad

ViCoX
11-17-2008, 05:09 PM
I`m pretty sure it was Blur, they have done sonic stuff before, if I remember correctly.
I haven`t been very impressed with latest blur stuff, but this is very niiice. : )

DePaint
11-17-2008, 05:33 PM
This does have a Final Fantasy: Spirits Within edge to it. And it was interesting to hear Sonic speak in a Japanese male's voice.

Is Gaia theory popular in Japan or something? There seems to be a Gaia/save the environment message woven into this.

Would be nice if they made a PC version of the actual game, even though I'm not counting on it.

Sonic was always very cool to play on Sega MegaDrive (was called Sega "Genesis" in U.S. I think)

SmallPoly
11-17-2008, 06:15 PM

Cartoon magic, and bathing in the blood of puppies.

kdubayoo
11-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Very cool. It's funny, though, as soon as Sonic went golden I couldn't help but think: Super-Saiyan-Sonic, lol.

GatorNic
11-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Very cool. It's funny, though, as soon as Sonic went golden I couldn't help but think: Super-Saiyan-Sonic, lol.

yeah exactly, i thought the same thing. Great Job though on the cinematic, looked great!

Shletten
11-17-2008, 08:52 PM
I am tired, I mean really tired of Sonic. Do they have to make a game out of this franchise every single year?! But yes it is downright beautiful!

CaptCook
11-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I`m pretty sure it was Blur, they have done sonic stuff before, if I remember correctly.
I haven`t been very impressed with latest blur stuff, but this is very niiice. : )

It wasn't done by Blur.

Strang
11-17-2008, 10:14 PM

continue to be unimpressed cause this wasn't done by blur. :(

DuttyFoot
11-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Very cool. It's funny, though, as soon as Sonic went golden I couldn't help but think: Super-Saiyan-Sonic, lol

thats the first thing that came to my mind when i saw him turn gold. and yeah it does remind me of ff spirits within.

ViCoX
11-18-2008, 08:58 AM
continue to be unimpressed cause this wasn't done by blur. :(
Dont take it too seriously, I know your work for xsi community and you guys rock, just not been very into the stuff itself(Warhammer, halo and transformers ect.) . : )
Gentlemans duel rocked very hard, though. I would like to do that cinda stuff in the future. : )

grrinc
11-18-2008, 01:13 PM
damn...that explosion at 03:40 looks amazing:cool:

I liked the explosion sequences at 2:00 ish.

MrPositive
11-19-2008, 06:56 AM
That is pretty impressive........but for Sonic the Hedgehog?

Malanjo
11-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Really nice stuff! :D Awesome in all the way! :argh:
Thanks for posting!

Larry_g1s
11-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Wow!!! Really amazing vfx & cinematix! I really liked the animation done on Dr. Eggman.

Wongedan
11-23-2008, 01:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uNfjhML8Lw
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GbQ8MLUdLtw
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GeNRA1xnsW8

always keep the original and satisfy the fan :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2008, 01:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.