PDA

View Full Version : Object: Human Resources

SdFX
06-15-2003, 10:03 PM
Hey guys, this is my first post here, so give me hell!
This is an entry for a competition that demanded something "bio-technical".

This is what came of it...if you can't see what it is, I've failed miserably, so let me know what you think.

Let 'em rip...

http://www.sdfx.dk/projects/biotech/final.jpg

D-Link
06-15-2003, 10:21 PM
I canít understand is it a computer or a typing machine? But looks cool! WELL DONE!:applause: :applause: :applause:

Soulstorm
06-15-2003, 10:27 PM
awesome concept man. i can see what it is. nice render too

one crit though: its kind of obvious that the same texture is applied on every finger.

sCM redruM
06-15-2003, 10:29 PM
To tell you the truth, I'm baffled...I haven't a clue what it's supposed to be..

Technically, I think it's a beautiful render...Nice lighting, great textures...I especially like the fingers...Do the teeth hold any subtle meaning cause they seem to just be there??
ruM's OUT...

Argon18
06-16-2003, 01:43 AM
hehe cool image. nice done.

Critics:
Well fingers are to cloned, maybe because they go with the concept, but I will chage a bit the textures projections(maps)
I see that they got blood in diferent paces but still beeing looking very similar texture one from the other.
And the sizes of the nails. Like longers, cuted nails, less dirty ones.

For the skin sheet, maybe more shiny (not sure about this)

Concept:
With D-Link helps,
I see a COOL flat monitor, but like all flat ones is lacking of resolution only 7x7px :)

A keyboard with wire but no num pad hehehehe. I cant play race games with this :)

I guess if at the end of the other wire there is a foot, or a full jaw, or one like the pretty cool image that was on front page a while ago.

Overall, very nice texturing and modeling, Image is very realistic.
Nice job

Delarosa
06-16-2003, 04:02 AM
computer, or couch, i can't decide... i'de love to sit on that... but i'm kinda morbid like that...

awsome job on the non-cloned feel of those teeth dude.

Icarus
06-16-2003, 04:43 AM
thats lovly, something about peices of humans that i find grattifying *spelling*

lovly work,

look foward to ur nxt one

TyR-

SdFX
06-16-2003, 09:55 AM
Thanks for all the comments. For those who care, it _was_ supposed to be a pc/typewriter thingie. Time issues prevented me from creating other parts (too bad, had some gory ideas). I'm also aware of the not so cool cloning issues, but again time was the enemy.

This forum really rules, it's very nice that you all took the time to comment. Thanks again! :bounce:

SdFX

fluxxx
06-16-2003, 01:21 PM
it's realy cool~ work

avalon
06-16-2003, 03:13 PM
:eek:
It's too bloody.

xynaria
06-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Interesting image ... but LOL .. I would definately not want to try using it. :) :beer:

M.Rogne
06-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Hehe... Looks like a chair to me. Anyway, what contest? The one at 3dluvr?

SdFX
06-16-2003, 04:20 PM
avalon: The stuff just pours out, man...uncontrollably ;)
xynaria: Maybe in a few years, you won't have a choice! :argh:
M.Rogne: Damnit, it shouldn't look like a chair...:banghead:... the competition is at www.ventilate.ca

Thank you all, again! :bounce:

Wadus
06-17-2003, 01:38 AM
very cool :) If you get a chance to play with it again put an eyeball on top for a webcam...

SdFX
06-17-2003, 10:12 AM
...and can anybody guess, what the joystick should be made of? ;)

PanzerBoy
06-18-2003, 07:13 PM
:eek:

Damn, that is cool! Disturbing, but very cool!

SdFX
06-19-2003, 09:03 AM
Thanks, PanzerBoy! :bounce:...actually it's no problem for me doing "graphic violence", but when researching I almost puked several times. Try doing a simpe Google image search for "finger" and see some of the results...now that's disturbing.

unLevel
06-19-2003, 01:55 PM
oh, gross!!

I LIKE IT!!
have some smilies why dontcha:
:buttrock: :beer: :wip: :wip: :beer: :D :airguitar

clojster
06-19-2003, 06:03 PM
GREAT!!! :buttrock: That's style I like A LOT! Pleeease - finish the other components of it and post it here - pleeeeeease :) :beer:

azazel
06-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Definitely U should do eyeball webcam ;) Joystick would be a bit too much IMO;), however mouse.....

SdFX
06-20-2003, 02:00 PM
Thank you for your kind words, I don't think there's gonna be time to enhance the scene, though - on to new projects. Too bad, though...you guys had some cool ideas! :bounce:

SdFX

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.