PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: wil manning

axiomatic
11-17-2008, 06:06 AM
wil manning has entered "Steampunk Myths and Legends".

axiomatic
11-20-2008, 02:38 AM
For my entry I've chosen to pursue a re-imagining of Greek Mythology.

Archaeologists have discovered much physical evidence, in the form of records, ruins and objects, that support a lot of the events surrounding and pertaining to the tales recorded in Greek mythos. Greek myth is exciting to me because it's an absolute mixture of Truth and Fantasy: Troy was a real city, the battle of Thermopylae actually took place.

If those true events could inspire legends that are barely believable, then what sort of true events must have inspired Theogony, the great work of Hesiod's that details (and translates directly too) "the Birth of the Gods"?

What if it was something like: the deeds of a highly advanced arcane Steampunk Nation that bought their ravaging galaxy wide war through dimensional portals, from an alternate reality, to our small blue planet for a final catastrophic battle?!?

Well, it's as good a theory as any so I'm going to make it into a Summer Blockbuster of Epic Proportions!

... or maybe just the trailer for it :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-20-2008, 02:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.