PDA

View Full Version : maya like function in modo

animking
11-17-2008, 04:20 AM
Hi all,
Recently i made a animation on xsi and trying to render it out in modo. Import the anim via MDD, and it works fine. But now I want to get use background type function like maya, i mean a plane will recive all the information shado, reflection etc. but won't be visible into camera. Is it possible in modo? :surprised

animking
11-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi, does anyone have any idea????:argh:

Doug816
11-19-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure what you are trying to do. The shader has a checkbox for unseen by camera. If it isn't seen what does it matter that it has a shadow or reflection on it? Or are you talking about casting a shadow and showing up IN reflections?

animking
11-20-2008, 04:20 AM
oppssss. no actually I want to achieve the same result like:shrug:

what does the use background shader in maya :por

matt shadow material in max:p

shushens
11-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Doug816, what he means is... how to make a shadowcatcher.

The general strategy for that is, project the same texture as the background on that background grid, and change the mapping type to camera projection. So the grid will be camouflaged in the background and will look like a part of the background/backdrop image. Now continue working and it will look like the background is catching shadows. But you have to make the grid physically imitate the supposed plane of the background that you are projecting on it.

Hope that helps.

animking
11-22-2008, 05:03 AM
Doug816, what he means is... how to make a shadowcatcher.

The general strategy for that is, project the same texture as the background on that background grid, and change the mapping type to camera projection. So the grid will be camouflaged in the background and will look like a part of the background/backdrop image. Now continue working and it will look like the background is catching shadows. But you have to make the grid physically imitate the supposed plane of the background that you are projecting on it.

Hope that helps.

Nooooo...this is not like the way in maya.....:surprised

But, nice to see one guy from kolkata. COOL:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2008, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.