PDA

View Full Version : mental ray warnings (color returns type vector and visa versa)

Wigaru Wiyamoto
06-15-2003, 09:22 PM
I'm revisiting an old scene I did in Maya 4.0 and I'd like to switch over to using mental ray for rendering. However, mentalray REALLY doesn't like the scene. I get dozens and dozens of errors like:

API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "color" is type color, "maya_tripleswitch" returns type vector

API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "transparency" is type color, "maya_tripleswitch" returns type vector

API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "inTriple" is type vector, "maya_file" returns type color

API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "inTriple" is type vector, "maya_layeredtexture" returns type color

And so on and so on. I can only get it to render at all if it's set to draft or preview and I disable the visibility of a few objects. Rendering production quality at all just kills Maya alltogether.

So, if anyone can elaborate on what these messages mean and how I can go about fixing them I would hugely appreciate it!

Wigaru Wiyamoto
06-17-2003, 12:17 AM
Well I guess mental ray doesn't play with Maya's triple-switch nodes. It's weird because when I do draft/preview all the textures go to the right object, but try doing production and BAM it crashes.

I just converted all the shaders to file textures, which was probably a good idea, since it was really heavy procedural stuff.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.