PDA

View Full Version : Animation tutorials on DVD

MichalK
11-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi!

I'm looking for the best animation tutorials on CD/DVD for Maya. What should I choise from a lot of available tutorials?

dawood
11-17-2008, 06:45 PM
I think Jason Ryan animation DVD is the best.
for more info use this link:
http://www.jasonryananimation.com/

MichalK
11-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Thank you very much dawood.

Somebody have another ideas?

Larry_g1s
11-23-2008, 05:28 AM
My vote would have to be with Jason Ryan's stuff too, absolutely amazing and great price. Sign up for his newsletter, I think he just recently had a percentage off too.

P.s. Though when he goes in to 3D he uses Maya, he's more teaching the fundamentals and techniques of animation. So it's not training on Maya perse.

MichalK
11-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Thank you Larry :)

Can you tell me what do you think about Digital Tutors training CD's?

DruG
11-26-2008, 11:12 PM
I`ve seen couple of animation dvds, mostly from Gnomon. Most of them focus on technical aspects of animation (especially in Maya) and I think that they teach more copyin techniques without understanding fundamental principles of animation, then teach animation itself.

That said I suggest gettin Jason Ryan`s set (which was eye-opening about workflow :) ), but maybe it`s for people with a little knowlage.
So you can also try Keith Lango`s, where he talks alot about principles, one by one.

Fundamental for learning animation would be Animator`s Survival Kit book, or Animation Crashcourse perhaps.

Phew... that`s all I have to say about starting to learn animating ;D

dawood
11-27-2008, 07:00 AM
If you dont have enough money for JR dvd and want to learn animation principle you can use digital apprentice dvd.

http://digitalapprentice.net/Community/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=6&Itemid=127

that learn animation principle great.

MichalK
11-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks guys ;)

DruG: widzę że trafiłem na rodaka :) Radziłbyś jeszcze jakieś książki oprócz tych które wymieniłeś, czy też dwie w zupełności wystarczą? Na Amazonie jest ich całe mnóstwo, a wybór sprowadza się zapewne do kilku.

CGTalk Moderation
11-28-2008, 08:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.