PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Camaro animation test

visualchaosfx
11-16-2008, 01:52 PM
I need your guys input on this shot. What the shot consists of is a car driving down the road from left to right. I've tracked the shot and animated the car driving down the road and everything seems to be flowing at a good pace. Now, I've lighted the scene to match with the background plate and I must say it looks pretty good. The problem I'm having is that in the shot, it was an over cast day with the sun peeking in from time to time. My mistake was when I filmed the shot, I should have taken photographs of objects such as other cars and/or trees casting shadows for reference.

Upon viewing the final render I think that my shadows being cast from the car is incorrect. But in the shot, you will notice 2 other vehicles in the vicinity that appear to be casting dark shadows. But if you look at the trees in the surrounding area, they are hardly casting any shadows. Project done in 3DS Max.

Check it out:

Camaro Animation (http://rapidshare.com/files/164342716/upload.rar)

robcat2075
11-17-2008, 12:39 AM
The download site making me wait for not being a paying user is a bit of a non-starter.

You don't have a website? They're cheap now and they give you gobs of online storage.

visualchaosfx
11-17-2008, 02:19 AM
No I do not have a website. Trying to keep everything free since I've been unemployed for almost 2 months now. I guess I could post the clip on youtube but the quality sucks because of the way its reencoded on there site.

ADDED: Ok I found a site that offers 50GB storage for free. I've started an account with them and the file has been uploaded. You can view it by clicking on the updated link in the first post of this thread.

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2008, 02:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.