PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper help needed.

D-Link
06-15-2003, 03:01 PM
This is a wallpaper I recently started on it is called "Music of the winds" (working title). Comments and Suggestions are welcome.

http://www.algonet.se/~lenfrig/music.jpg

D-Link
06-15-2003, 08:25 PM
DAMN!! Is it THAT bad? :sad: Well back to the drawing board.

singularity2006
06-16-2003, 01:01 AM
dude, that is damn savage. How'd u mix and mesh the color? I'm constantly looking for new ways of smearing color like that.! The only thing though is I'm not a fan of overly decorated fonts .... for a background with such flowing simplicity yet motion, the font should reflect some type of sublime stability in the motion of things. Very cool.

edit* oh yeah, how'd u get that grid pattern on there?

D-Link
06-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Thanks! Yeah I also donít like the font...I will work that out and about the grids: This pic consists of 3 layers (excluding the font) the grid layer is situated between the two layers of the main pic and set on the soft light with the opacity of 50. The main pic is the twirled implosion, which is hued in different colours (and use a different blending mode).

singularity2006
06-16-2003, 06:17 PM
dude, that's hella cool. How'd u get that grid color shading on there?

D-Link
06-16-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by singularity2006
dude, that's hella cool. How'd u get that grid color shading on there? Well actually those are not grids its more of a pixels.....I remember seeing a tutorial about it....will try to find it for ya.

*edit*

Ughhhh...sorry couldnít find the tutorial but here is the technique:

1)With default colours (black and white) render some clouds.

2) Next: Filter-Brush Strokes-Accented

3) Last step Filter-Pixelate-Mosaic with Settings: Cell Size-10 two or three times.

singularity2006
06-16-2003, 06:42 PM
excellent, thanks. I must find time someday to try it ... I haven't photoshopped anything in soooooo long. Btw, check out my site. U might find some interesting ideas for wallpaper. I used to mess around a lot w/ filters, still do. But eh, whatever. More technique than good style for me. Just me, average joe freelancer.

D-Link
06-16-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by singularity2006
Btw, check out my site. U might find some interesting ideas for wallpaper. Ok I will do that thanks! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.