PDA

View Full Version : CgArchives - The child of my insanity

unLevel
06-15-2003, 01:15 PM
I have finally decided how to do this. When I talk to my associates: BooRadLey (http://www.cgtalk.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=21390) and waterhycinth (http://www.cgtalk.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=8896) I will further discuss this project, which will be the driving force behind:

CgSearch - the artist search engine
LinkCg (name subject to change) - a giant link archive that feeds CgSearch
CgReference - A giant picture and animation archive that feeds CgSearch
CgPlugs (name subject to change) - a plugin archive that feeds CgSearch

possibly further included: a model archive, a texture archive, and who knows what else....

I must discuss this privately with brent and brad, and then we shall begin to get to work.

JIII
06-15-2003, 04:13 PM
just an idea even though this is already posted here. Write all your ideas on post cards. Then send them to yourself, this give you the rights to all your ideas. Assuming someone else has not already thought of the ideas.

unLevel
06-15-2003, 07:21 PM
my guess is taht yes, all these ideas have been thought by someone, somewhere, before, actually; the link archive thing I was reminded this morning has already been done over and over by other, more "professional" and "established" sites :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

but, I don't think that collectively anyone has thought of this, except Velk a few minutes ago, he's about 2 hours behind me in thoughts, so keep an eye out for him :p

JIII
06-15-2003, 10:31 PM
remeber if all else fails you are much bigger than everyone else.

unLevel
06-15-2003, 10:39 PM
yeah if all else fails, I can just take money from YOU!

haha

ok, our agenda for this next week:

1. we're gonna try to get a cgarchives.f2o.org account
2. we're gonna setup top secret forums - we WANT THIS TOP SECRET THIS TIME, YOU'LL SEE SOON ENOUGH WHY...hehehe...
3. we're goign to amke a simple, html site explaining our ideas, thoughts, hopes and dreams, and to-do lists for those who are administrators of each of the sites...
4. I've got an idea for the design, but no ideas for the logo, of which the "cg" part shall be our trademark logo, displayed through the cgarchive network sites, notice all the coolio "cg" names we have, eh? haha

any ideas for "cg" logos would be greatly appreciated.

examples of what I'm thinking for the "cg" logo: cgtalk's logo, cgchat's logo, this is along the lines of what I'm wanting to do with the logo...

s2a-adamk
06-16-2003, 04:56 PM
www.imageafter.com (http://www.imageafter.com)

texture archive - they have a pretty good set up going.

a

DetoxIllusions
06-18-2003, 12:35 PM
JIII, unfortunately, that way of copyrighting your property does not hold up in court. The only recognized method (by the U.S. court system) is to register with the US Copyright Office.

unLevel
06-18-2003, 12:39 PM
can you really copright ideas?

I eman, com'n, someone, somewhere has probably already thought of htis, and is working on it and making it much better than I could do...

in the end, the artist should profit from these free service sites, so we're winners, and losers...hahaha...:wip:

DetoxIllusions
06-18-2003, 01:52 PM
You can sort of copyright ideas. For example, you think of an awesome invention, you can't afford to build it, you apply for a patent, it is your invention so if someone has the money to build it they can't steal it.

As far as this topic goes your ideas can be copyrighted but you must put them in print as evidence for the copyright office. Everything you make is copyrighted automattically BUT if you go to court without proof of copyright ie "certification of copyright" than you can lose if someone else did that first. It doesn't make much sense but what ever does.

JIII
06-18-2003, 11:44 PM
well its not a formal copyright but in a dispute it deffinitely counts.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.