PDA

View Full Version : Sketch Style Renders?

puddlefish
04-29-2002, 11:58 PM
Does anyone know a way to fake a hand drawn look in a render?
I'm aware that Poser has a sketch renderer, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for, plus I hate Poser!!

It's for a film that I'd love to look like an animated comic of sorts. I'm using Cinema 4D XL 7, which can render in passes, so maybe someone knows some way of treating the different passes in post?

Would appreciate and suggestions.

alx
04-30-2002, 12:26 AM
well u can allways go in post and make it lok sketchy.....ive tryed it and sometimes u get nice results.. pluss its faster and a tad more controlled than trying to get it custom made in 3d...

in After Fx u can try dry brush and / or sketch pen... the main thing to get a nice lok is to use more than one artistic effect to get a custom look and not something too.....standard

well hope that helps...

sincerely

alx

neilyb
04-30-2002, 06:47 PM
Check out the forums at BhodiNut....Kai (Aka Lucent Dreams) has developed some toon/sketch presets for SLA!

www.bhodinut.com

ywmang
05-25-2002, 04:08 AM
Check out that
Piranesi from Informatix :applause:

Probably the best as far as I know

:thumbsup:

ilasolomon
05-27-2002, 12:11 AM
how much is this good for your purpose?

ilasolomon
05-27-2002, 12:14 AM
...or this?:

egz
06-03-2002, 01:47 PM
Hi Ila,

I like those two images a LOT! what renderer are you using for this?

ilasolomon
06-03-2002, 11:21 PM
hi, thank you
well the first one rendered with ILLUSTRATE! in max & then post processed in macromedia flash
the second one rendered with max default scanline & then
post processed in photoshop
cheers

rollmops
06-04-2002, 11:42 AM
cool ila_solomon:thumbsup:
like your website BTW!;)

ilasolomon
06-04-2002, 10:40 PM
:beer: thanks!

LucentDreams
06-12-2002, 04:04 PM
I am making a second SHades of CEL preset package. it is slower in the works just because there is so much other stuff to e done. someof the styles I am working on are coloured pencil, a new ink hatching method,ink prints method. Tell me what you are looking for and I'll see what I can do. I can also tell you to wait, as there will be a NPR renderer for XL in the future, very near future. I honestly can say how near though. not in the next two or three months for sure but they are coming. I think I have said too much.

As always NEILYB thanks for the plug :bounce:

leigh
06-18-2002, 02:21 PM
Well, if you ever need an old looking hand drawn sketch look, I wrote a very looooong Photoshop action that takes renders saved as 32bit Targa files and makes them look like this:

http://leigh.cgcommunity.com/images/wing_sketches.jpg

If you want the action, let me know :thumbsup:

LucentDreams
06-18-2002, 03:51 PM
Very nice, Kai@lucentdreams , leigh could you send that my way. Partly cause I want to try and recreate that as another SOC shader. Its got my mind cranking. ahhhh so much to do so little time.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.