PDA

View Full Version : DigitalXModels.com - NOW OPEN!

digitalx3d
11-14-2008, 04:02 PM
November 14, 2008
Phoenix, AZ - Digital-X, LLC is pleased to announce that DigitalXModels.com is now open for business. The website will be selling a broad variety of 3D model collections. Titled "X-Models", each volume contains "scene filler" type objects to help 3D artists add realistic detail to their virtual environments. PDF files are available for each collection showing sizeable preview images and the quality and detail the artists put into each model.

Most of the collections available contain objects that are difficult to find in larger quantities AND that are also of high quality. This allows 3D artists to shop in one location rather than buying models of varying condition from multiple vendors. The models are suitable for architectural and retail visualization, game intros, film and broadcast f/x, and more.

Until the end of November, DigitalXModels.com is offering a special discount - "Buy 1, get 25% of each additional item". All collections are regularly priced at $99 (US). There are also several free models available for immediate download.

The web address is www.digitalxmodels.com.

csven
11-14-2008, 06:02 PM
I noticed the Aeron chair in your collection. Is the design licensed? I ask for two reasons: 1) I believe Herman Miller has previously filed suit against those selling digital representation of their products without permission, and 2) as a product designer I take issue with someone appropriating designs without permission and selling them for profit.

MrPositive
11-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Not a whole lot of models, but what's there looks pretty impressive. Your liquor bottle render in the gallery is extremely well done in my opinion, so downloading those freebies. :)

digitalx3d
11-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks Mr. Wonderful.
Yeah, we will be doing some updating of the site design and organization. It's a bit confusing. It's not immediately obvious that there are way more models in the collection than what shows on the little preview thumbnails.

Glad you like our stuff!
John

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2008, 12:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.