PDA

View Full Version : Modeler Won't Open (pls help! : (

FireEyeC
11-14-2008, 12:51 AM
Heya, just got the trial version, registered for 30 days..

Modeler will not open at all. I press the button, it lights up for 2 sec. then it goes back to normal without any other changes. Something more should be happening right? Do I have to do something else to open modeler?

Thank you so much, peace.

geothefaust
11-14-2008, 05:15 AM
Are you opening modeler with a shortcut, or are you opening modeler with the button inside of layout? Because if you are opening modeler with the button in layout, especially for the first time. It will freeze up every time.

To solve this, first open modeler with a short cut, do the same for layout. If your firewall program asks to block any of LWs operations, Allow them to access the firewall. DO NOT block them. It should prompt you for modeler, layout and the hub.

Hope this helps. :)

biliousfrog
11-14-2008, 09:30 AM
probably a firewall blocking it, they don't like Lightwave for some reason.

FireEyeC
11-14-2008, 04:10 PM
thank you guy so much! I did not know there was actually separate executable laying around in the Lightwave folder, like I said, I am new to this particular program. Anyways, I had to register the modeler as well, and now it works like a charm! Thanks, take care.

CGTalk Moderation
11-14-2008, 04:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.