PDA

View Full Version : Squash and stretch

camael
11-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Hello

This is my third animation in my learning process, I work three days to finish this animation, after my work time.

I hope you like it.

I wanna thanks again the guys that gave me some helpful critique on my previous animations and I hope I get some critique on this one.

Thanks
Alex

http://vimeo.com/2231406

AlexisV
11-13-2008, 07:31 PM
The timing looks good but I think there is too much Squatch and Stretch especially when the ball touch down in the 3-4 sec of the animation.

When the ball follow the half-circle, it looks like she slide. She suppose to roll. But it's hard to say with Vimeo.

robcat2075
11-14-2008, 04:00 AM
Overall, it's mostly there. there are some squashes that I think are going on too much and too long, but the arcs seem to be pretty well executed. A hand drawn ball that could be drawn more floppy might get away with that much squash, but ... oh, go ahead and go crazy with the squash, get it out of your system.:bounce:

The major item I'd bring up is the anticipation and release into the first jump... it's all vertical and yet somehow that ball gets horizontal motion out of it. I'd use the anticipation move to tilt the ball slightly into the direction it's going to jump.

camael
11-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Thank for your comment robcat2075 but which squashes you mean exactly? Did you mean
the same one that AlexisV is talking about?
Thanks also for your comment Alexis.

cheers
Alex

robcat2075
11-15-2008, 07:01 AM
yeah, about :03-:04

the edges are so sharp at that point that it stops looking like a squash and more like a CG scale.

But you won't do prison time for it.

camael
11-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi ,

first off all I wanna thank for the many reply, they are very helpful and I learn a lot from them.

After some changes here are the new version.

http://vimeo.com/2276056

But I`m still not happy with the end yet, I feel something is wrong but I don`t know what it is,I tried timing changes, I look`t the arcs,
but I can`t finde the mistake.

I hope someone has a better feeling like me and can give me some tips.

Thanks
Alex

robcat2075
11-18-2008, 06:23 PM
The end looks fine. I'd say put a bow on it and move on to the next challenge.:D

Here's what I meant about getting some horizontal momentum into the first anticipation:

Bouncing Ball with Anticipation

If the ball (or any character) only pushes straight up with its jump there's no force shown to account for it moving sideways.

robcat2075
11-18-2008, 11:43 PM
The youtube in my above post had a strange quiver at the start. :shrug:

I'll try to re-upload that.

robcat2075
11-19-2008, 08:38 PM
ok, here's what I was getting at about putting some horizontal momentum into the anticipation

anticbounce0001MP4.mov (http://www.brilliantisland.com/am/anticbounce0001MP4.mov)

it's just the first leap, the rest of that is regular bouncing ball stuff.

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2008, 08:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.