PDA

View Full Version : Aligning RGB channels

aYs
06-14-2003, 07:53 PM
hi peeps

how can i align the rgb channels in ps?

when you look at a digital photo the channels do not match perfectly, ergo you see red and green borders
( i think it's called convergence)

how can i fix this?

thanx

bye

schmu_20mol
06-14-2003, 09:05 PM
in der ebenenpalette - neue einstellungsebene - selektive farbkorrektur

ich hoffe mal, dass ich da dein problem auch richtig verstanden habe...wenn nicht, einfach nochmal melden

sorry for replying in German...it's just easier instead of translating those tabs/functions you think of

aYs
06-14-2003, 10:05 PM
nope, das mein ich nicht

trotzdem danke

bye

schmu_20mol
06-15-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by aYs
nope, das mein ich nicht

trotzdem danke

bye

was dann? was willst du denn genau machen?

EDIT: probier mal die gradationskurve als einstellungsebene vielleicht hilf die dir weiter

aYs
06-15-2003, 11:22 AM
das was ich machen will hat nichts mit farbkorrektur zutun
ich will die einzelnen kanäle so verschieben, dass sie sich genau überlagern
bei allen digitalen fotos sind die kanäle immer leicht verschoben

Stroker
06-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Have you tried nudging the individual channels?

aYs
06-15-2003, 03:07 PM
i tryed resizeing the image and moving the channels by hand but that takes a lot of time as i would have to firgure out the exact distance of the offset (it's less than 1 pixel)

isn't there anything more... interactive?

i know that it's possible because i saw it in a tutorial about craeting hdris

but i can't remember where i found that tut

aYs
06-15-2003, 03:18 PM
ok, look at the image
tha't what i want to do

wolver1ne
06-15-2003, 05:58 PM
I think PanoTools (http://home.no.net/dmaurer/~dersch/Index.htm) might help you. Read the installation file on how to properly install it.

There are several plugins available but one, namely Correct, allows you to shift channels in any direction. You will have to play with the settings in order to get the right result. Good thing about it is that you can shift RGB channels by doubles or whatever they are called (basically numbers like 0.3, 0.6, & etc).

I have tried it a little bit, just found out about it myself by looking it for you, but it's a very handy plugin. :D

aYs
06-15-2003, 06:05 PM
thanx for your help :thumbsup:

i'll try

EDIT:

alright buddy
it works

thanx alot

(a realtime preview would be nice though :D)

Stroker
06-15-2003, 10:14 PM
I tried nudging the seperate channels, but it only works on the composite. If you want a live preview, you will have to do some cut-n-paste into the Layers palette, then do some tricky things.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.