PDA

View Full Version : Combine Cameras/Motions ?

dvfx
11-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey all,

I'm a longtime user of LW but still getting up to speed on 9.5. is there a way to combine camera animations?

as example I have 15 cameras each with 75 frame animations and only afterward realize that you can only render one camera at a time. Is there an easy way to copy multiple camera animations onto one camera so all can be rendered/previewed at once.

Need to be able to copy each camera anim to end of "CAM1" without wiping out CAM1's animation.

any help appreciated !

D

erikals
11-13-2008, 10:04 AM
i read somewhere that it is possible, can't remember exactly how,
it was either by using a built-in LW seting or a plugin...

maybe someone else knows better...

Cageman
11-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey all,

I'm a longtime user of LW but still getting up to speed on 9.5. is there a way to combine camera animations?

as example I have 15 cameras each with 75 frame animations and only afterward realize that you can only render one camera at a time. Is there an easy way to copy multiple camera animations onto one camera so all can be rendered/previewed at once.

Need to be able to copy each camera anim to end of "CAM1" without wiping out CAM1's animation.

any help appreciated !

D

Hi...

Do you need to cut between them, so that, for example, Camera 1 renders frame 0-100, Camera 2 renders frame 101-200 and so on?

If that is the case, you can use Camera Selector (Master Plugin) that both renders and previews the cameras in the order you've set them up.

If you want all cameras to render the same frames, for example, Camera 1 render frame 0-100, Camera 2 renders 0-100 and so on, you either go for BNR (network rendercontroller) or you save out one scene for each camera and also make sure that the saved images are stored in different folders.

Cageman
11-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Here is a quick demo of the tool (right-click and save target as). (ftp://LightWave:newtek@cageman.dyndns.org:21/CameraSelector_1024.avi) Top left shows the camera view, top right shows the perspective view. As I scrub the timeline you can see that the camera change positions 4 times. Actually, it is 4 cameras...they are hidden so that only the active camera is shown. This tool works with both previewing (obviously) and rendering.

You'll need this codec (http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp) to see the short little movie.

Hope that helps.

:)

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2008, 08:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.