PDA

View Full Version : Catmull Clark.

StOuen
11-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Hiya. Does Messiah support Catmull Clark subpatches? I did a search but found diddly.

Ulven
11-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Nope, no Ngons here. it just does sub patches, or 'metanurbs' as it calls it for sub division. In fact I think Fori was one of the people who worked on that at newtek back in the age when dinosaurs roamed the world.

StOuen
11-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Wow. I gotta brush up on my history. Thanks Ulven.

StOuen
11-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Just tried it with a Point Oven export on a normal sub patched mesh in Messiah applied to a CC mesh in LW and works fine. So... no bother!

Wegg
11-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Yay! Good to hear.

I think a more robust subdivision system would be very welcome by a lot of people but what is there currently isn't horrible. Just have to think about what your doing as your building your models.

StOuen
11-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Yay! Good to hear.

I think a more robust subdivision system would be very welcome by a lot of people but what is there currently isn't horrible. Just have to think about what your doing as your building your models.

Ya. It's more a case of 'I can use catmull clarks if I need to...' as I don't always get to use my own meshes ;)

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2008, 11:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.