PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: laurent antoine lemog

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Lemog
11-12-2008, 01:02 PM
laurent antoine lemog is entered in the "Steampunk Myths and Legends" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/steampunk/view_entries.php?challenger=15912)

Latest Update: Finished Video: TRAILER + MAKING-OF + FINAL FILM ! ! !
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1233598073_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=5656476#post5656476)

gpepper
11-12-2008, 01:19 PM
tu es faible...

Lemog
11-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I know that man... but the topic is too interesting... I must think how to manage that with the rest... maybe that will be my first unfinished challenge :D

flaeticia
11-12-2008, 02:13 PM
je te l'avais dit ... si tu y vas ... j'y vais aussi =D

i've told you ... if u joined, i join too :D

Gunilla
11-12-2008, 02:23 PM
:bounce::buttrock::applause::love:

:wavey:

This will be fun!

Lemog
11-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Incredible but true... Laët another time in 3d ! Maya or 3dsMax this time ?

and Gunie... it's done ?

monsitj
11-13-2008, 03:01 AM
OMG! your are in this time? this theme is totally fit in your style ,
wait for hundred page thread from you now ! Good luck !:bounce::buttrock:

collings
11-13-2008, 04:21 AM
indeed this contest fit you so well lol, details madness is coming here :scream:
Best of luck man, Have fun !!!

daWinky
11-13-2008, 05:02 AM
I hoped to see you here, especially whith this topic...but I just can't believe it:eek: , totally nuts but so great of course. And you're even in the video-section! So no sleeping for you in the next weeks I guess...

Kisses, good luck and have fun!:bounce:

-sabrina

Lemog
11-13-2008, 06:02 AM
OMG! your are in this time? this theme is totally fit in your style ,
wait for hundred page thread from you now ! Good luck !
Hello my friend... glad to see you here...
This time, I'm far to be sure to have hundreds pages... but I will do my best to participate anyway.

indeed this contest fit you so well lol, details madness is coming here
Best of luck man, Have fun !!!
Thanks man...

I hoped to see you here, especially whith this topic...but I just can't believe it, totally nuts but so great of course. And you're even in the video-section! So no sleeping for you in the next weeks I guess...
Kisses, good luck and have fun!
Good resume Sabie... as you said... totally nuts !
I don't understand why :banghead: hahaha
Especially considering I must finish the VP for the end of January !

I don't know if I made the good choice, but one thing is sure, we will have good time together here... :love:

mim-Armand
11-13-2008, 06:14 AM
I know that man... but the topic is too interesting... I must think how to manage that with the rest... maybe that will be my first unfinished challenge :D
I hope to take my first finished one btw!! :D
glad to see you in
cheers and goodluck by the rest of way! ;)
mim,

RiYaD90
11-13-2008, 06:20 AM
good luck :):)

agou
11-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Aaargh, I haven't decided yet... I should take a decision quickly, this week-end maybe... :)

And what about our "Very Busy People Team"? That would be great!

scootermaya
11-13-2008, 07:09 AM
'morning Lolo. Sooo, you are in the video section? :scream: That's hot!

paperclip
11-13-2008, 07:09 AM
Que puis-je dire? Les français sont à venir!

(c.f http://ireland.iol.ie/~fagann/1798/conaught.htm ,Castlebar est ma ville natale)

Bonne chance!

Je vais regarder cette page......concepts...please...!

Lemog
11-13-2008, 09:03 AM
In Fact... for the Video section... it's not a real choice... I've make the entry a bit faster :scream:

It doesn't matter... even for still image... I was not sure to have time... then... if I could be an image... I could be a film, not ? a moving picture then :wise: huhu

Paper -> thanks for the General Humbert story :thumbsup:

Try
11-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Good luck Laurent.
Looking forward to seeing what this may become.
Right up your ally I would think.

SuperXCM
11-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi Laurent!

So a video!! As monsitj said the theme fit perfectly your style, I directly think about you when i saw it, i can't wait to see with what you will come!!

Good luck also to find time for it.

Cheers!! :beer:

Lemog
11-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Glad to see you here too mates !

yep... my style... but I'm a bit afraid anyway :scream:

I'll post some ideas soon !

Lemog
11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Here's time for some first ideas...

Noe Arch :

a long train of mechanical animals come into the large steamboat belly... made of wood, metal and copper...
When the door is close... the complicated machinery start...some strange machines appear... steam engine...
sort of mechanical legs leave from the boat hull, and a sort of balloon...
...in a hell of smokes, sounds and trepidations... and the steamboat fly away heavily towards space !

Moai birth :

comes from space, big robots landing on earth, on Ister Island... alerted by this sound... people comes to see what happend...
The first robot turn his glance to the others... and say "chhhht"...
...at this moment, we could understand that these bots are "Transformers"... ant they change into stones, Moai's statues... silencer and motionless...

When comes Electric Life :

Large view to an old modern city... it's the end of the day... a blend of medieval buildings, and long gates and street over the town... hundreds of chimneys with much dark smokes... we hear much steam machines everywhere in this city.
but the night comes... and we can hear strange electrics sounds... in the same time, the steam machine stops... little lights appear in many part... and some strange flying machines and silencer gliding trains start to appear everywhere surrounded by lights...
...if steam and smoke live the day... the electric fairy bright in the night !

Jack and the Beanstalk :

Jack is playing with is little pedal car... simply made of woods planks, and metal sheets...
The little boy stop in front of a curious giant bean... he is astonished... with his car, he gives a blow in the bean which starts to grow towards the sky...
At this moment, Jack press the only button of the car... the big red button !
and suddenly, his car, in a metal noise deafening starts to change...
...to a big robot... and this robot, with Jack with the orders, begins his rise towards the clouds !

Albert Robida Hommage:

Many stories are possible...
With references of Robida's books as the "Vingtième Siècle"... As you know... the Vieux Paris I'm working on actually was created by this guy...
That could be his vision of the new 1900 Paris Metropolitan...
or the flying station at the top of Notre-Dame cathedral...
...or
there's much possible choices in his bibliography...
...and that also permit me to re-used the animations for an exposition next year... then why not...

gpepper
11-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Noah's ark !

DimitrisLiatsos
11-13-2008, 11:05 AM
"When comes electric life"....comes to me as more close to a theme to you ...but also what can i say ..electricity fascinates me...:wavey:

Lemog
11-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Noah's ark !
I know you like much animals... as the pioupiou !

"When comes electric life"....comes to me as more close to a theme to you ...but also what can i say ..electricity fascinates me...:wavey:
Of course... it's more "me"... but less in topic... cruel dilemn...

paperclip
11-13-2008, 11:25 AM
I love the Moai birth idea- that and the Noe Arch:: both sound like they would make great videos, but I have a feeling you'd probably enjoy doing the Moai birth idea more....

Lemog
11-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks Paper... as you know... my dream was do make one day a transformer... and it's a bit like that for this story... also the one with Jack...

but the Noe Arch could be more funny I think... but I also could transform the boat in robot... !

Well... the more difficult part of these challenges is always the first choice... after that made... all seem very easy :scream: (as find time... huhu)

Elendil_le_Grand
11-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Good luck Laurent ;)
And Noah's ark for mee too.

thebest
11-13-2008, 12:07 PM
I agree with u Lemog......Noah`s ark would be cool and funny :applause:

... but I also could transform the boat in robot... !

that would be cool :beer: :cool:

paperclip
11-13-2008, 12:12 PM
.....I agree with you! Noah's ark it is then!

I can't wait to see steampunk camels. :D

:love:

clippy

Lemog
11-13-2008, 12:14 PM
.....I agree with you! Noah's ark it is then!

I can't wait to see steampunk camels. :D

:love:

clippy

I don't know if they will be very visible in the film... I imagine a very long train... too long for the boat :scream:

paperclip
11-13-2008, 12:20 PM
...teensy steampunk camels, then? Ah well, whatever you do, it'll be grand! :D

maksy
11-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi Lemog, it will be great to see your work, I hope you will have enough time for this and Paris reconstruction.. Good luck :arteest:

flaeticia
11-13-2008, 12:57 PM
hey !

for me that's the #2 or the #5 of course :)

what do you think about it ? :D

(when you wrote "the red button" i've thought about the Red R5 ... you know what i mean ? ahahahah :D)

daWinky
11-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Ah, already some good ideas I see! Just from the feeling I'd prefer #3, the start of 'electric life' is a really great topic, but not so easy to visualize...and a lot of potential in your other ideas of course.

-sabrina

Gunilla
11-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Oh - tricky choice... am I too late for a vote?
I really like the #2 a lot, could be some of the mother nature mood perhaps? :love:
But the others are also very promising, and for sure the 5th would be practical for you to choose... but maybe not so challenging?

Noah's ark is also a good one... hmmm, decisions, desicions!

SweD
11-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh un Lemog en CGchallenge ! ca faisait un bail je crois non ?
Tu t'accordes une petite pause dans ton énorme projet ? :banghead:

Content de voir que tu passes par la case anim, ça risque d'être intéressant.

A bientôt par ici Laurent.

Lemog
11-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Ah, already some good ideas I see! Just from the feeling I'd prefer #3, the start of 'electric life' is a really great topic, but not so easy to visualize...and a lot of potential in your other ideas of course.

-sabrina
Yes, I'm ok with you... I have the total visualization of all the scene, the only problem is the size of the scene... that risk to be too large, with of course to much details to do... but for his one, I can't say totally no...

Oh - tricky choice... am I too late for a vote?
I really like the #2 a lot, could be some of the mother nature mood perhaps? :love:
But the others are also very promising, and for sure the 5th would be practical for you to choose... but maybe not so challenging?

Noah's ark is also a good one... hmmm, decisions, desicions!
No Gunie, it's not too late... you're right about Mother Nature, I don't think in first... with the stones.

But in fact, I think the idea "more" in the topic is certainly the Noe Arch...

Oh un Lemog en CGchallenge ! ca faisait un bail je crois non ?
Tu t'accordes une petite pause dans ton énorme projet ? :banghead:

Content de voir que tu passes par la case anim, ça risque d'être intéressant.
Hello Cyril... cool you're here too... no... I don't take a break in my project... I can't cause I must start the production film of the Vieux Paris in next february... and I'm far to have finished !
But I will try to participate anyway... for the fun, and again for the pleasure to be here a little with you all... that remain me so much good moments with the past challenges !

flaeticia
11-13-2008, 07:20 PM
aya tu m'oublie dans tes reps ?
jui véxée :(:curious::blush::cry:

:D

mmoir
11-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Hey Lemog,

Good to see another familiar name here, good luck with this and have fun.

Cheers.

AIR
11-13-2008, 07:52 PM
L man is here, So nice to see so many known faces from my first ever challenge M&S.
I think Im going to drop by more often to this thread..
I want to start video thread to, have some ideas, but, three unfinished cg challenges in a row dont look to good for me. :banghead:

JurajMolcak
11-13-2008, 08:24 PM
hello Lemog,

remember you from past challenges, looking forward for your great models. Good luck!

Try
11-14-2008, 07:42 AM
I would personally like to see the :
Albert Robida Hommage:

If you can reuse things you have made for the Paris Expo. That would make the possibilities so much more interesting in my mind.
Part romantic reality and part fantasy the way things could have evolved.

Lemog
11-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Hey Lemog,
Good to see another familiar name here, good luck with this and have fun.
Cheers.
Hello Mike... yep... much knowed heads here :D

L man is here, So nice to see so many known faces from my first ever challenge M&S.
I think Im going to drop by more often to this thread..
I want to start video thread to, have some ideas, but, three unfinished cg challenges in a row dont look to good for me. :banghead:
Yessss... it's great to see you here mate... and this time... you finish it !

hello Lemog,
remember you from past challenges, looking forward for your great models. Good luck!
I was thinking that I will never find time to do another challenge... but for this one, that was stronger than me...
...I will try to sleep again less...

I would personally like to see the :
Albert Robida Hommage:

If you can reuse things you have made for the Paris Expo. That would make the possibilities so much more interesting in my mind.
Part romantic reality and part fantasy the way things could have evolved.

Yep... many advices... with each time good reason... much subjects I like much...

But I take anyway my choice last night... the only idea wich correspond much with the challenge theme is the Noah's Ark story...
...maybe not very original... but I must considere also the lack of time... I want to finish this challenge... I can't start something too big... and I already have this film in my mind !

Not sure that will be perfect, and I don't very good for animation, but that will be a good experience... just to participate... just for the fun to be with you all the big Cg Family :buttrock:

Lemog
11-14-2008, 08:02 AM
aya tu m'oublie dans tes reps ?
jui véxée :(:curious::blush::cry:

:D
meuh non... huhu

flaeticia
11-14-2008, 08:11 AM
meuh non... huhu
huhu j'espere bien :p

-> yaaaaaaaa for the noah's ark choice !

it will be very hot and interesting to follow this kind of view ... lemog's view with steampunk add's :applause:

anandpg
11-14-2008, 08:17 AM
WOW, Laurent!! Its great to have you here!:bounce:

Lemog
11-14-2008, 08:22 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226654517_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226654517_large.jpg)

Finally, here's my choice with this story about Noah's Ark...

That not need more explanations... I think the story board is enough, animals will be in this train.
Don't know for the moment, but maybe theu will be more train wich comes from other parts... I will see when the first animations tests.

It just miss the real end... after the explosion due to the lightyear... I will add a strange and funny end !

Hope you like this choice ;-)

For information, I don't planed concept sketches for steamboat, trains and animals... I prefer to work with feeling... only !

flaeticia
11-14-2008, 08:27 AM
great !
i already imagine the nicest details putted here and there :)

can't wait to see the 1st polyssssss :D

Elendil_le_Grand
11-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Nice Laurent as usual. I imagine already all the scene ;)

gpepper
11-14-2008, 08:57 AM
non, ça part en eau de boudin à la fin ?

Lemog
11-14-2008, 09:02 AM
can't wait to see the 1st polyssssss :D
Next week... I must start the Palais of the Vieux Paris before... and I must work on the documentation this week end...

Nice Laurent as usual. I imagine already all the scene ;)
It's simple, but this time, I can't start somethong too much epic !

non, ça part en eau de boudin à la fin ?
Carrément :D

flaeticia
11-14-2008, 09:08 AM
good !

c'est quoi l'eau du boudin ?

thebest
11-14-2008, 09:10 AM
lol funny ending......no tansforming !!!:bounce: keep going mon ami doing a real good job so far

Goul
11-14-2008, 09:28 AM
It's simple, but this time, I can't start somethong too much epic !

haha, well...with your other works on the previous challenges here... i can't believe it ^^
Tu vas craquer, c'est certain :D

Gunilla
11-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Aha! Already a good start here - with the storyboard. Yep, I think this can become something truly lemoggish. You will show what's inside all those wagons, right? ;)

Lemog
11-14-2008, 10:16 AM
good !
c'est quoi l'eau du boudin ?
C'est une expression... en jus de boudin... en quenouille, en vrille...

lol funny ending......no tansforming !!!
no transforming... just few elements animated... to permit that this boat can fly...

haha, well...with your other works on the previous challenges here... i can't believe it ^^
Tu vas craquer, c'est certain
voui... ça risque en effet... merci de ma le rappeler :D huhuhuhu

You will show what's inside all those wagons, right? ;)
Yes of course... I already made some camels (as asked) for the animation test... huhu

paperclip
11-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Camels :love:

I love your story....tres amusant...the ending made me laugh. Can't wait to see the end result!

nookienick
11-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Awwww poor animals lol I'll be looking forward to seeing the progress on this I can't wait to see how the Ark will turn out!

scootermaya
11-14-2008, 12:03 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226654517_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226654517_large.jpg)

Finally, here's my choice with this story about Noah's Ark...

That not need more explanations... I think the story board is enough, animals will be in this train.
Don't know for the moment, but maybe theu will be more train wich comes from other parts... I will see when the first animations tests.

It just miss the real end... after the explosion due to the lightyear... I will add a strange and funny end !

Hope you like this choice ;-)

For information, I don't planed concept sketches for steamboat, trains and animals... I prefer to work with feeling... only !

Mais c'est gore ton truc !!!

Lemog
11-14-2008, 12:24 PM
I love your story....tres amusant...the ending made me laugh. Can't wait to see the end result!
huhu... not only camels... I must to the animal list... how many ?

and for the end, I have many solutions... I will take the choice later...

Awwww poor animals lol I'll be looking forward to seeing the progress on this I can't wait to see how the Ark will turn out!
yes poor animals... I can't explain why I do this choice :curious: I will ask to my doctor then... haha

Mais c'est gore ton truc !!!
Pourquoi ? c'est pas comme ça que ça c'est passé ? :D

Lemog
11-14-2008, 12:35 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226669731_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226669731_large.jpg)

Some shoot to have an idea of the mood I want... before modeling and texturing.

time 0"

paperclip
11-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Que faire si le navire s'écrase dans la montagne? :scream: Rappelez-vous l'ivresse de Noé? Et ils prendront immédiatement son permis de conduire, huhuhu....

Peut-on avoir les pandas? :bounce:

flaeticia
11-14-2008, 01:07 PM
yaaaa
same kind of mood than your Master and Servant entry :) no ?

Lemog
11-14-2008, 01:08 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226671718_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226671718_large.jpg)

time 2"

Lemog
11-14-2008, 01:10 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226671809_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226671809_large.jpg)

time 4"

Lemog
11-14-2008, 01:12 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226671919_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226671919_large.jpg)

time 6"

Lemog
11-14-2008, 01:13 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226672017_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226672017_large.jpg)

time 17"

Lemog
11-14-2008, 01:15 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226672141_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226672141_large.jpg)

time 26"

scootermaya
11-14-2008, 01:16 PM
You know, you have tree month to do that ... slow down man :applause:

Lemog
11-14-2008, 01:17 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226672250_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226672250_large.jpg)

time 31"

Lemog
11-14-2008, 01:19 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226672359_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226672359_large.jpg)

time 42"

Lemog
11-14-2008, 01:20 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226672434_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226672434_large.jpg)

time 45"

Lemog
11-14-2008, 01:21 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226672504_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226672504_large.jpg)

time 46"

and more

Lemog
11-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Peut-on avoir les pandas?
Of course... noted :wise:
...the big ones... it just need to choose their materials ! haha

yaaaa
same kind of mood than your Master and Servant entry :) no ?
If you want... but as it's the "deluge", of course, the weather is really bad and wet !

You know, you have tree month to do that ... slow down man :applause:
I just want to validate the animation... and I must work on the expo in the same time...

ivanisavich
11-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Keep going man! I love your idea..the ending made me laugh!

collings
11-14-2008, 01:48 PM
really cool preview, don't know if it's intentionnal or not but somehow the scheme color you've choosen remind me your past illustrations which is cool, very lemogish. :bounce:

The story line look simple, effective and solid , i like it :D Keep it up.

daWinky
11-14-2008, 02:55 PM
But...all the poor animals:cry: ! That's cruel...please tell me that they are all leaving the ark through a backdoor before the start....

I really get the impression of a rolling and steaming Lemog-engine here, so you're obviously in the right mood for this challenge:D !

-sabrina

Elendil_le_Grand
11-14-2008, 03:20 PM
It's already enormous :buttrock: .
And Michel is right, you have the month to finish ;)

Intervain
11-14-2008, 03:37 PM
damn man - slow down, you're making us feel bad ;) Great Laurent - looking forward to more and more :buttrock:

Lemog
11-14-2008, 03:40 PM
..the ending made me laugh!
Good point for me... thanks... but there's something after... but I keep that for the end of the film :D

really cool preview, don't know if it's intentionnal or not but somehow the scheme color you've choosen remind me your past illustrations which is cool, very lemogish.
Maybe it's stronger than me... one thing is sure, the result will be very different, more modeling, more texturing, more effects... but maybe the Lemog style will be here anyway... :shrug:
The only thong wich can make the difference, it's an animation this time... I will be oblige to manage a bit different...

The story line look simple, effective and solid
I've tried to be simple... I just hope to don't go so far with the details... huhu

But...all the poor animals:cry: ! That's cruel...please tell me that they are all leaving the ark through a backdoor before the start....
euh... no... I don't think... but remember the topic... Mythologie or Legend :D
I'm saved !

It's already enormous .
And Michel is right, you have the month to finish
yep... 3... but it's just a little preview quickly made... only to validate the concept...

It remain much work... and much choice to do...

especially for the look of animals...

- steampunk style
- realistic
- cartoon, with big heads
- as wood's toys
- each animal as real wagon

...many choices possible !

Lemog
11-14-2008, 04:10 PM
damn man - slow down, you're making us feel bad ;) Great Laurent - looking forward to more and more :buttrock:
don't worry Magda... just some tests... nothing really started...

I will try to post a playblast this evening...

I wish you all a nice week-end... with much beautiful concept or modeling...

SweD
11-14-2008, 05:10 PM
ahah ! the last one mades me laugh, with the little chaps shape :p very expressive.

i'm really waiting your design on the Ark, it seems to be very interesting :)

Gunilla
11-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Fantastic! The engine is indeed rolling now! Great start - the mood looks very suitable and to have it end in a big bang is quite funny... even if my heart bleed for all the cute camels.
When did you find the time to do this? Don't you have risks to hunt?

Nice weekend to you too!

Intervain
11-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I wish you all a nice week-end... with much beautiful concept or modeling...

meaning: get your arse in gear woman LOL?! Quite right too :D Thanks sir!

Lemog
11-14-2008, 07:06 PM
divx 50" - 640x360 - 14mo

http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226693178_medium.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/steampunk/blast_02.avi)

Test animation...

For the moment, the final part with explosion is not done.
I must do some FX test before to appreciate really the timing. I don't have much experience for these kind of effects !

collings
11-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Lemonesque :applause:

maksy
11-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Great start buddy! ;)

Elendil_le_Grand
11-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Bien cool tout ça :)

Lemog
11-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Just here for few minutes... anyones know the length of animation required ?

...the modeling of the boat is started... I will try to post a shoot this next evening...

and good courage for their works to all challengers :wavey:

thebest
11-15-2008, 04:13 PM
looking good :thumbsup: .....love what I`am seeing so far keep going :arteest:

Squibbit
11-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Just here for few minutes... anyones know the length of animation required ?

37 minutes minimum,

have fun and good luck :thumbsup:

flaeticia
11-15-2008, 08:33 PM
37 minutes minimum,

ahahahah :D crazy :)

We do not enforce a maximum length for the full length video but we strongly encourage you to keep to within 90 sec - 3 min. Quality is far more important than length.

ace4016
11-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Heh, when I saw this challenge you were the first person I thought of; your style has always been steam punky :P Good luck lemog; I'm really liking this idea.:thumbsup:

Lemog
11-15-2008, 11:11 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226794275_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226794275_large.jpg)

The SteamBoat is started, as I said before, no preparation sketch for this one, I've choose to work on it with feeling... but in fact, now, it's really precise in my mind... ;-))))

This part is on each side of the boat, it's the part where people can survey the animals entrance... you will understand better soon ;-)

Lemog
11-15-2008, 11:13 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226794429_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226794429_large.jpg)

I'd put the guy for scale information, I don't think he will be in the final scene.

Lemog
11-15-2008, 11:33 PM
37 minutes minimum,
Thanks for the precise answer mate :scream: hahaha
It's of course possible... then...

Thanks Laët... well... I think to be more near of 90sec / 2mn... it's good then.

Since the first Playblast, I add a short first plan... and one more longer et the end...

I've also started some tests for the rain...
Many FX to do for this animation, that will be the more hard for me... a domain that I know less...

Elendil_le_Grand
11-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Good start on it and always with the Lemog touch ... :)

daWinky
11-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey Lolo,

I'm not surprised at all to see the first polys here:rolleyes: ...
fast, clean and nice design...at first glance it looks a little like some underwater vehicle, especially with your argonaut at the side...but most important, it looks very lemogish indeed:thumbsup:

enjoy the rest of the weekend and don't make us all feel so lazy:)

-sabrina

XenObuS
11-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Hey Laurent,

Good luck for this challenge :thumbsup:

jerome

scootermaya
11-16-2008, 09:57 AM
It works we me :thumbsup:
I like the style allready. It "du pure Lemog" :applause:

Martijn81
11-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Looking very good already! I really like the concept, and a nice start on your modeling!

Good luck in this challenge!

thebest
11-16-2008, 10:19 AM
today`s keep going :arteest:

Zapan
11-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Lolo , Lolo , Lolo !! (where's my Lolo's fan club tee shirt ?)

The theme has been written for you , and a video one ? wow , tu nous gates .
Omg it's a gonna be huge , it already is !

Have a lot of fun Laurent !

cheers ,

-The little snail

Gunilla
11-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Lolo , Lolo , Lolo !! (where's my Lolo's fan club tee shirt ?)

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/tshirt.jpg

GonzaloGolpe
11-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Lol, the idea is very cool, funny and cool...D´OH!

Enjoy and let the inspiration flow through your pores...ooommm

;)

scootermaya
11-16-2008, 04:33 PM
http://www.bitspin.net/wip/tshirt.jpg

I want one, I want one :bounce:

Grin3d
11-16-2008, 06:11 PM
:buttrock: I like the test animation; I'm wondering how the waggons looks like after that speedy load-in ! Hehe

mim-Armand
11-16-2008, 06:22 PM
nice work sofar dude, keep workin on ;) GL

agou
11-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Ouch!

You already modelled your steamboat! But... but.... why didn't you draw anything great Master? :D
No preparation sketches, it's baaaaaaad! You shouldn't model anything before some concept art, model-sheets and mecha design!!!

(in fact I'm jealous, I wanted to delay you)

Concerning my work, I didn't have time to sketch something this week end, I had difficulties to concentrate - and also a big big big administrative letter to write :(

Lemog
11-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Elendil -> huhu... is it really a style ?

Sabie -> no soucy miss... as usually, never much work during the week-end, I prefer to work more during the evenings week...

Jerôme -> Thanks l'ami

Scooty -> "pur Lemog"... du vieilli en fût de chêne bien sûr ! mdr

Martijn -> Thanks a lot for your wishes mate.

Antone -> héhé... you make my day !

Zapan -> héhé... so cool to see the little snail here ! the TEAM is now complete !

For the video... I'm not very sure... It's not much my domain... but why not...

Gunie -> hahaha... superb ! I hope my size exists !

Gonzalo -> no prob with the inspiration... this topic is mine... but my interpretation also could catch me... I'm my first ennemy... hahaha

but the most important here, is the FUN of course !

Grind-3d -> personaly, I prefer to doesn't know ! hahaha... it's also the funny of the story.

I don't know if that will possible, but I've planed around 30 differents wagons... and of course, certain will be bigger than the camels ones...

maybe 30 is too much... I must to the precise list of different animals.

mim -> Thanks !

Agou -> hahahaha... effectively, it's a choice in this case, a volonty, but in fact, it's already very precise in my mind... and I take much pleasure to watch the almost automatic progress of this modeling in Maya... huhu

and that change me a lot than the Exposition project !

Big adminstrative letter ? about your movin ?

In any case, thanks a lot for all your comments my friends... that make me happy this evening... then... I'm ready for an update ;-))))

Lemog
11-16-2008, 09:21 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226874060_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226874060_large.jpg)

Slowly, that grow... with the hull of the Steamboat...

you could see the entrance for animals... this shape can leave a little... and it's inspired by animals cages ;-)

Lemog
11-16-2008, 09:22 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226874159_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226874159_large.jpg)

Another view...

flaeticia
11-16-2008, 09:49 PM
killing !

that rocks :D

kiss

Gunilla
11-17-2008, 06:51 AM
Looks great! And as usual you start with the invisible parts?
I like the submarine style of this - it will come as a big surprise when it takes off into the sky!

Lemog
11-17-2008, 06:55 AM
Looks great! And as usual you start with the invisible parts?
no... I don't put the inner part... even with the hull... these elements will be visible...
I must take care about polycount... that will be animated :scream:

scootermaya
11-17-2008, 07:11 AM
Pas mal! I would have said the same as Gunilla: Starting with the invisible :cool: :D

The boat seems a bit small to fit all the little animals, no?

Very nice presentation as usual. It's a pleasure to watch your WIP.:thumbsup:

Lemog
11-17-2008, 07:24 AM
The boat seems a bit small to fit all the little animals, no?
Of course man... many animals and many wagons... I found that also funny, not ? :argh:

Elendil_le_Grand
11-17-2008, 07:25 AM
It remains me the modeling of your jet ...
I don't know why, maybe the structure.
Anyway, it's very good ;)

SuperXCM
11-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Excellent Laurent!!

Incredibles style as usual!! Keep the good work!!

Cheers! :beer:

Lemog
11-17-2008, 08:01 AM
It remains me the modeling of your jet ...
I don't know why, maybe the structure.
Anyway, it's very good ;)
It's of course a bit my universe... but I try to do something would be also different... patience then :drool:

Incredibles style as usual!! Keep the good work!!Cheers! :beer:
huhu... thanks for the beer ! always needed !

Lemog
11-17-2008, 08:08 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226912914_medium.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/steampunk/test_pluie_01.avi)

Click on the picture to see a first animated rain test...

flaeticia
11-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Great !
i really like because everything is credible
i don't have any critic to bring in !
just to congratulate you for all this kind work!!

kiss

maksy
11-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Nice progress Lemog! Rain test looks great :cool:

daWinky
11-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Morning!

The rain works pefectly well for me and of course I'm amazed to see the start of your steamboat:thumbsup: ...not exactly streamline-design, but rock solid...so that the poor animals are safe and dry, right?

-sabrina

Lemog
11-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Great !
i really like because everything is credible
i don't have any critic to bring in !
just to congratulate you for all this kind work!!

kiss
Thanks Princess :cool:

Nice progress Lemog! Rain test looks great :cool:
Good point for me then... thanks !

The rain works pefectly well for me
Already good if that works for the first try
:thumbsup:

...so that the poor animals are safe and dry, right?
hahaha... a heart sensible ? :scream:
animals... burn, wet and in many pieces :banghead: I start to think how to blast all... :eek:
but remember... it's only a fiction ! hahahaha

adib
11-17-2008, 10:16 AM
You have alot work to do,right? Great ideea and I think you l do a great job!
Best!:beer:

scootermaya
11-17-2008, 10:19 AM
hahaha... a heart sensible ? :scream:
animals... burn, wet and in many pieces :banghead: I start to think how to blast all... :eek:
but remember... it's only a fiction ! hahahaha

I told you it was gore :argh:

Lemog
11-17-2008, 11:10 AM
You have alot work to do,right? Great ideea and I think you l do a great job!
Best!:beer:
Yes... a lot of work... but I think it's the same thing for you man...

and your work is this one ond too... not ? :scream:
you make a superb work... and I know you know that well... :thumbsup:

I told you it was gore :argh:
huhu... it's rare not ?
but for the moment, I don't think to spread blood on the camera...
but that could be an idea :eek:
hahaha... what they say girls... huhu

Grin3d
11-17-2008, 11:57 AM
I prefer walking dead 'zombie' animals :beer:

scootermaya
11-17-2008, 12:02 PM

Excellent :thumbsup:

Lemog
11-17-2008, 12:28 PM
huhu... that will be for the second film !

when animals come back... for revenge ! :scream: hahahaha

flaeticia
11-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks Princess :cool:

you're welcome :D

Gunilla
11-17-2008, 02:02 PM

I think we're about to discover a new side of you here! Lemog the vicious! :argh:

The rain test is fine for me too - it's frightening how fast you move!

Lemog
11-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I think we're about to discover a new side of you here! Lemog the vicious! :argh:
haha... but just sometimes and virtually, that could be pleasant ?

The rain test is fine for me too
well well... if everybodies appreciate it... I keep it like...

The rain is only made with animated picture in after effect... and that seem to work like that...

But it remain more effects to do, and certainly more complicated.

I think to test like for the rain, in a simple file... light and fast !

it's frightening how fast you move!
you know... that was not a terrific work for the moment... :blush:

Lemog
11-17-2008, 03:19 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226938763_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226938763_large.jpg)

Back at home... here's last renderings of what I've made yesterday night...

...but is it really a boat ? huhu

Lemog
11-17-2008, 03:21 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226938903_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226938903_large.jpg)

On this picture, you could see better these strange tubes...

these are not secret weapon !
it's just the part where leaves the movin propellers... remember the first anim test !

Lemog
11-17-2008, 03:23 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226939011_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226939011_large.jpg)

and on this last one, the propeler system is closed :-D

paperclip
11-17-2008, 04:46 PM
More work done already? You monster. :D ....but a brave, handsome monster...haha..

A couple of points though, from my tiny mind...

1) Surely the bars on the cage/Ark are too far apart? The animals will fall out. :D

2) The landscape looks great, very surreal, which I like...but the only thing is I find the ripples in it very distracting, maybe make them a little less prominent?

Everything going beautifully and very lemogish. I like. :D

Try
11-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Great style on your hull design. Love it!
A bit worried about how pour Noah shall fit all the animals in there though.
Maybe you need to design a machine to compress them a bit.
Like they have on the back of garbage trucks maybe... :wise:

thebest
11-17-2008, 05:18 PM
wow that`s a really cool ship :bounce:

lol kinda agree here

Zapan
11-17-2008, 05:27 PM
And the huge poly factory has started ... you're incredible ...

Awesome , no more words

cheers ,

-Steph

Lemog
11-17-2008, 05:27 PM
1) Surely the bars on the cage/Ark are too far apart? The animals will fall out. :D
huhu... it's not the cage this part... it's only a thing wich could leave a little, to make the junction with the ground, to help the entrance of wagons...

...I hope you can understand my english approximative answer... huhu

2) The landscape looks great, very surreal, which I like...but the only thing is I find the ripples in it very distracting, maybe make them a little less prominent?
It's not the final landscape, this one is just here to test the animation, the framing and the timing, only for placement...
...but maybe the final one will a little bit poor too... but I hope better made :wise: :D of course !

Like they have on the back of garbage trucks maybe... :wise:
Hahaha... and after, people said that's the monster for animals :twisted: hahaha gnark gnark

wow that`s a really cool ship :bounce:
lol kinda agree here
;)

Lemog
11-17-2008, 05:28 PM
And the huge poly factory has started ... you're incredible ...

no boy... this time... less polygons... a little bit obliged... animation !

scootermaya
11-17-2008, 05:56 PM
no boy... this time... less polygons... a little bit obliged... animation !

Optimized ? :curious: T'es un grand malade, tu sais? :D

Zapan
11-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Toute la nuance vient du " less polygons" chez un gars normal ou chez Lemog :p

agou
11-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Yeah, maybe he will go under one billion polys... it's possible even for him!
Yes he can! :D

scootermaya
11-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah, maybe he will go under one billion polys... it's possible even for him!
Yes he can! :D

He already did it once! :D

Lemog
11-17-2008, 07:41 PM
wha wha wha... the model is not very heavy for the moment !

and I will not go so far :wise:

For information, I'm actually testing explosion... not easy to obtain a good result... :curious:

flaeticia
11-17-2008, 07:48 PM
wha wha wha... the model is not very heavy for the moment !

and I will not go so far :wise:

For information, I'm actually testing explosion... not easy to obtain a good result... :curious:

did you check my links little bear ? :D

Lemog
11-17-2008, 07:53 PM
did you check my links little bear ? :D
I already have the link... I'm just waiting the money to command :D

(and you know that make many years I'm a bad learner !)

flaeticia
11-17-2008, 08:13 PM
I already have the link... I'm just waiting the money to command :D

(and you know that make many years I'm a bad learner !)

ahahah nimp :D
tu vas voir je vais t'expliquer par mail :D huhu

Lemog
11-17-2008, 09:45 PM
I imagine well :cry:

flaeticia
11-17-2008, 09:47 PM
I imagine well :cry:

dont cry little bear :D
you know that i'm sweet :) hihihi

Lemog
11-17-2008, 10:07 PM
What is this new name ? little Bear ? :scream:

paperclip
11-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Laurent. :)

I found this...I thought you might think it was useful too...

http://www.crabfu.com/steamtoys/diy_steampunk/

J'espere que vous profiterez (profitez? hm)...

Elendil_le_Grand
11-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Well it is still cool here ...
How will you do the explosion ?

ace4016
11-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Nice find paperclip!

Go Go Lemog. It's liek they picked this competition for you :P. There's not much for me to comment on so I'll let you get back to work :D

daWinky
11-18-2008, 04:26 AM
Morning The Team!

Huhu, some serious progress here, I like this steamboat more and more, looks like a well thought-out construction!

hahaha... a heart sensible ? Of course, always here to protect kids and animals:wise: ...I think we're about to discover a new side of you here! Lemog the vicious! Exactly my thoughts:D
Maybe you need to design a machine to compress them a bit. Like they have on the back of garbage trucks maybe... :scream: This is going to be more and more bloodcurdling, but I have to appreciate, that this was not your idea...

Looking forward to see the first explosion tests anyways...

Have a great day!

-sabrina

Gunilla
11-18-2008, 04:51 AM
Oh, what a cool ship design! It's funny that it is so small - I can see that endless caravan of cages just going in and in ... :thumbsup:

haha... but just sometimes and virtually, that could be pleasant ?

Sure, but only with the right outfit :D

Theresa - that's one useful link, thanks!

Happy polygon day!

Lemog
11-18-2008, 06:14 AM
I found this...I thought you might think it was useful too...

http://www.crabfu.com/steamtoys/diy_steampunk/

J'espere que vous profiterez (profitez? hm)...
yeah Paper... thanks a lot...
Useful ? I don't know if that must be useful, but in any case, this website is fantastic !
Unfortunetely (for my work of this night) I've passed much time to saw each models, and each video... it's just genial for me... that make me the envy to restart to do models... as many years ago...
THANKS A LOT... it's of course bookmarked :thumbsup:

Well it is still cool here ...
How will you do the explosion ?
Yesterday, I've tried to see what's possible to do only with animated pictures in after...
I will post the result soon... but I don't know if that work well, and if it's really the good way...
I will try at the end of the week other things... certainly in Maya :)

Nice find paperclip!

Go Go Lemog. It's liek they picked this competition for you :P. There's not much for me to comment on so I'll let you get back to work :D
huhu... cool to see you here James :wavey:

Of course, always here to protect kids and animals:wise: ... Exactly my thoughts
Thanks to think to protect me then... kids :D

This is going to be more and more bloodcurdling, but I have to appreciate, that this was not your idea...
I finish to take the morning little turn and I post it :drool:

Lemog
11-18-2008, 06:18 AM
Oh, what a cool ship design! It's funny that it is so small - I can see that endless caravan of cages just going in and in ... :thumbsup:
endless no... there's 30 wagons... not more !

Happy polygon day!
In my case, it's more polygon nights you know... the day... it's more Risks Huntings :scream: hahahaha

To day, I must write a book about Security for Green Spaces Worker... I don't know if it's the exact word... gardeners ? :surprised

But I will post anyway the modeling of the last night... but you must wait the lunchbreak... :wavey:

Nice day for you all...

Lemog
11-18-2008, 06:58 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1226995112_medium.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/steampunk/explosion_01.avi)

Here's the first test for the explosion... only made with animated images in After Effects...

I don't know if I will continue in the way... but one thing is sure, I will do other different tests.

Elendil_le_Grand
11-18-2008, 07:23 AM
I like the rain ;)
Maybe the integration of the explosion is not yet really good but it's a good begining ;)

flaeticia
11-18-2008, 07:50 AM
ok !!!
i hope to not appear so rude, but for me it's not good !
in fact this integration is too flat and it appears directly with this kind of animation
for me, the good way it to create explosion, directly in maya.
It's not too hard to manage, and the result will be more more funny and realist !!

kiss little bear :D

KR

Lemog
11-18-2008, 07:54 AM
I like the rain ;)
Maybe the integration of the explosion is not yet really good but it's a good begining ;)
yep...as you can see... I'm a noob with FX :scream:

It's not too hard to manage, and the result will be more more funny and realist !!
I'm not sure it's also easy than you said ! :surprised

Lemog
11-18-2008, 08:25 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227000355_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227000355_large.jpg)

A bit more for the SteamBoat...

as you could see, it comes to have more a fish look :-D

Lemog
11-18-2008, 08:27 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227000444_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227000444_large.jpg)

another view...

I think to add a mermaid on the front !

Useful, not ?

Lemog
11-18-2008, 08:29 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227000553_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227000553_large.jpg)

a last shoot...

paperclip
11-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Où trouvez-vous le temps, (cute, beau, brave) monstre?? Je pense qu'une siren est une excellente ideé. Une siren de steampunk!

Edit...forgot the english version, :hmm:

''Where do you find the time, you (cute, handsome, brave) monster?! I think a mermaid is a great idea, a steampunk mermaid!

Avgette
11-18-2008, 08:55 AM
You will never stop !!
I like your theme for this challenge, it's a little cruel. And like always, it looks great for now.

But I love cats, bats and hyenas so please keep them safe !! :p
See ya

agou
11-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah, LeMog is going on spamming his own thread! I can't follow all the updates!

Always cool updates as usual!

adib
11-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Start to look great the Steamboat! Go,go Lemog!!!:applause:

Lemog
11-18-2008, 09:30 AM
''Where do you find the time, you (cute, handsome, brave) monster?!
huhu... problems with monsters ? haha... I'm certainly more similar than you :D

The time... what time ? I don't find any solutions... apart again sleep less :shrug:

I think a mermaid is a great idea, a steampunk mermaid!
A female touch is always very important !

You will never stop !!
I like your theme for this challenge, it's a little cruel. And like always, it looks great for now.
But I love cats, bats and hyenas so please keep them safe !! :p
See ya
Thanks Do... I will do my best with kitties...
in fact, due to the large framing of my animation, I've planed to "used" only big animals !
are you ok ?

Yeah, LeMog is going on spamming his own thread! I can't follow all the updates!

Always cool updates as usual!
Yep... much spam... but also much work anyway ;)

and you... about the concept sketch ? :wip:

Start to look great the Steamboat! Go,go Lemog!!!:applause:
Thanks adrian...

and finally about the balloon... I'm totally decided... that will be a kind of sausage :twisted:

Goul
11-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Hehe ca avance bien ici ! (pas comme chez moi :argh: )

Really nice job on the arch structure, the big porthole break a bit the size impression though, but i like it, give a style....remind me a bit the nemo's one (on the middle of the Nautilus of the disney version of "20.000 lieux sous les mer")

:)

opentarget
11-18-2008, 10:19 AM
really brilliant stuff! great ideas and lovely modeling, keep it coming!

Lemog
11-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Hehe ca avance bien ici ! (pas comme chez moi :argh: )
Maybe it's because you're not enough hot in the challenge...

Personnaly, I'm hot since many years with my expo project... limite énervé d'ailleurs !
je finirais pas en crever :D

...remind me a bit the nemo's one (on the middle of the Nautilus of the disney version of "20.000 lieux sous les mer"):)
hahahaha... I don't think consciencly... but maybe you're right... and I was in Euro Disney past week... certainly the reason so !

really brilliant stuff! great ideas and lovely modeling, keep it coming!
Glad your appreciate my participation... thanks :beer:

scootermaya
11-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Personnaly, I'm hot since many years with my expo project... limite énervé d'ailleurs !
je finirais pas en crever :D

Hahaha ! CG work is gonna kill Lemog :D Dying doing 3D ... what a pleasant death.

maksy
11-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Hahaha ! CG work is gonna kill Lemog :D Dying doing 3D ... what a pleasant death.

hahahha.. LOL.. :beer:

Lemog
11-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Sincerly, if I can choose my death, so far, I prefer your little mermaid :D

Lemog
11-18-2008, 12:47 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227016071_medium.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/steampunk/explosion_02.avi)

This time for the second test of explosion, it's made in Maya with fluid effects... is it bettre ?

Of course, I must do a longer smoke, and particles of steamboat and flesh... but it's the feel...

Elendil_le_Grand
11-18-2008, 12:51 PM
For me it's better ;)

flaeticia
11-18-2008, 12:57 PM
yaa it's better
but it seam's to be integrated also
is it ?

gpepper
11-18-2008, 01:04 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227016071_medium.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/steampunk/explosion_02.avi)

This time for the second test of explosion, it's made in Maya with fluid effects... is it bettre ?

Of course, I must do a longer smoke, and particles of steamboat and flesh... but it's the feel...

blast.mb ?

adib
11-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Its to strait but looks ok! Maybe you l change some properties of the fluid,in channel box there is alot of attribute from the fluid,change the values of amplitude,ratio and threshold and make a slow animation of the scale.

Hope that helps!

Staszek
11-18-2008, 01:44 PM
steamboat model looks cool.

in my opinion blast should animate with direction,create many smaller expolsions and animate them like on this fast sketch:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9716/blastzf7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/blastzf7.jpg/1/w600.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img142/blastzf7.jpg/1/)

Lemog
11-18-2008, 01:45 PM
For me it's better ;)
noted... thanks

but it seam's to be integrated also
is it ?
c'est quoi qui ne te plaît pas ?

blast.mb ?
yep... but I will do other test... to push settings furthers...

but if you have some good tips... I'm open (c'est peut-être dangereux ce que je dit huhu)

Its to strait but looks ok! Maybe you l change some properties of the fluid,in channel box there is alot of attribute from the fluid,change the values of amplitude,ratio and threshold and make a slow animation of the scale.
Hope that helps!
yep thanks... I will do other tests, in fact, I've made this test in the same time I'm working on other PC... It's not seriously tested.
But I must find quickly because it start ti have many other works wich comes soon...

some new expositions for next year... I film more to do... that comes to be very hard... but I said that, I beleive I like pressure :beer:

paperclip
11-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Looking good so far! N'oubliez pas que vous devez avoir des pièces relevant de l'explosion...et petits animaux... :twisted::p

Lemog
11-18-2008, 03:45 PM
steamboat model looks cool.

in my opinion blast should animate with direction,create many smaller expolsions and animate them like on this fast sketch:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9716/blastzf7.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/blastzf7.jpg/1/w600.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img142/blastzf7.jpg/1/)
Thanks a lot for your sketche, that help a lot...

this first test is really the first... and as I don't have skills about FX, I've planed to test individually each one...
and of course, after the lightyear, there's manyy explosion, smoke, blasted little parts, falling larger pieces of steamboat, animals pieces too... and so.

I can't finally dedicate much time to this challenge, especially due to the expo project... I'm must do or test by little portion of time, or in the same time I work or an another PC :D
Sometimes, it's a bit like a circus here :twisted:

Again, thanks for the drawing :beer:

Velk
11-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Lemog! Brilliant concept and it is looking fantastic. Can't wait to see your progress and the finished piece.

Staszek
11-18-2008, 06:24 PM
the explosion effect of yours are in the dummy object isnt? so try to make smaller this dummy object and copy it couple times. Then you can animate those dummys in the way like my sugestion. It give the feeling of this hit, where the direction of starting expolsion follow the blast .

SONIC-X
11-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi there Lemog!I love your idea and think it is going to be awesome.
Cheers,Corrie

Zapan
11-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey Laurent ,

Really enjoying these tests , gonna be huge with all the boat parts , smoke and parrots feathers

can't for another one ,

cheers ,

-No snail in the ark ?

Lemog
11-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Lemog! Brilliant concept and it is looking fantastic. Can't wait to see your progress and the finished piece.
héhé... I'm far of the end... but thanks for your words ! :)

the explosion effect of yours are in the dummy object isnt? so try to make smaller this dummy object and copy it couple times. Then you can animate those dummys in the way like my sugestion. It give the feeling of this hit, where the direction of starting expolsion follow the blast .
I've already tried something a bit similar... (almost) but I must do more test... not very easy to fond the good blend between effects, direction, timing :argh: huhu
I must stop for the moment, I will be off for 2 days... I hope to restart these tests at the end of the week...
while waiting, thanks to take time to help... very appreciated :beer:

Hi there Lemog!I love your idea and think it is going to be awesome.
Cheers,Corrie
Hey Corrie, that make me much pleasure to see you here... do you enter too ?

Hey Laurent ,
Really enjoying these tests , gonna be huge with all the boat parts , smoke and parrots feathers
can't for another one ,
cheers ,
-No snail in the ark ?
For the moment, it's not so good... I hope to learn much about effects in this challenge... FX is maybe my topic for this one.

Thank you all for your comments in this thread...

I will be out for 2 days... for the PARISFX show...

see you soon :wavey:

paperclip
11-18-2008, 09:47 PM
In lemogish: Aller a Paris FX spectacle? Bonne chance, prendre des photos pour nous et avoir un temps marvielleux. Dépéchez-retour. :D

In english: Off to the ParisFX show? Bonne chance, take photos for us and have a wonderful time. We'll miss you. Hurry back. :D

Ferx
11-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey Laurent,

Really great concept. Love the mood and enviroment on the animation :D The design of the ark steam boat is superb. And I really enjoyed the animation tests. Incredible work!- Cant wait to see more on your concept! Cheers!! :beer:

dCepT
11-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Looks to be a very cool interpretation of the Ark myth :) No big crits or anything right now.. hehe.. looking forward to seeing more!

Good luck!

dC

SONIC-X
11-19-2008, 03:14 AM
Hi,

I am planning on entering,just still looking for some ideas.

daWinky
11-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Morning Lolo!

Just unbelievable how fast this thread is growing, it seems I was away for days, but just checked yesterday;) ...So I'm a little late for smart comments, the second explosion test is definitely better than the first, but I'm sure that you can make it even more convincing...so I'm looking forward to the next tests!

Have a great day!

-sabrina

Gunilla
11-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Morniing, I agree with Sabie about the thread speed here - wow as usual!
The tests looks fine as a start - I'm sure it will look even better when bloody animalparts are spreading on the sceen :twisted:

So far I only miss one thing, Noah himself. Are you planning to have him in? Perhaps he's the one in the divers suit...?

Good risky day for you and the gardeners, and see more at lunch? :)

gpepper
11-19-2008, 07:57 AM
yep... but I will do other test... to push settings furthers...

but if you have some good tips... I'm open (c'est peut-être dangereux ce que je dit huhu)

Mmmmh, I usually do like you... Starting with the basic exemple of maya library and adjusting some options...
(tu ne risques pas grand chose avec moi !)

soapy
11-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey Lemog, looking good, I am happy I found you. Funny stuff! This project looks really ambitious, but since you work so fast you will finish no problem.

Cheers, Soaps.

Elendil_le_Grand
11-21-2008, 06:09 AM
So where's the update ? :)

Lemog
11-21-2008, 06:37 AM
In lemogish: Aller a Paris FX spectacle? Bonne chance, prendre des photos pour nous et avoir un temps marvielleux. Dépéchez-retour.
In english: Off to the ParisFX show? Bonne chance, take photos for us and have a wonderful time. We'll miss you. Hurry back.
Hello PYT... sorry I was a bit lazy... and the camera stay during the 2 days in my bag :blush:
But a friend must send me some photos soon... I will post then...

Really great concept. Love the mood and enviroment on the animation :D The design of the ark steam boat is superb. And I really enjoyed the animation tests. Incredible work!- Cant wait to see more on your concept! Cheers!!
Muchas gracias para sus buenas palabras, estoy muy contento que mi proyecto te agrade... :beer:

Looks to be a very cool interpretation of the Ark myth no big crits or anything right now.. hehe.. looking forward to seeing more!
Good luck!
dC
Thanks for the support... and for your good words ;)

Hi,
I am planning on entering,just still looking for some ideas.
Go to hear my friend... :thumbsup:

Just unbelievable how fast this thread is growing, it seems I was away for days, but just checked yesterday;) ...So I'm a little late for smart comments, the second explosion test is definitely better than the first, but I'm sure that you can make it even more convincing...so I'm looking forward to the next tests!
Have a great day!
-sabrina
No much time now, but I will try to make more test in 10 days I think... and maybe I must to refine a little the environment and the global mood to work the fx in good conditions, more near than the final result.

Morniing, I agree with Sabie about the thread speed here - wow as usual!
The tests looks fine as a start - I'm sure it will look even better when bloody animalparts are spreading on the sceen
héhé... as you can see... I'm not very good with effects :shrug: that need more more work...

So far I only miss one thing, Noah himself. Are you planning to have him in? Perhaps he's the one in the divers suit...?
In first not... especially due to my actual charge of work... but yesterday in the train... I think that could be better, if Noa could be visible a little in the film...

I already made an another planning animation... I will post it in few time... with a first plan before the one you see in first...

Mmmmh, I usually do like you... Starting with the basic exemple of maya library and adjusting some options...
(tu ne risques pas grand chose avec moi !)
Yep I understand... but is it the good solution ? working like, I've tried to modify some setup... but with not more good results... but it's only the beginning...

Hey Lemog, looking good, I am happy I found you. Funny stuff! This project looks really ambitious, but since you work so fast you will finish no problem.
Cheers, Soaps.
Hello man... in fact, I'm far to be sure to finish in this case... I'm here especially for the fun... the pleasure to be with you all... but I have too many things to do in other places... I will do my best anyway. Thanks to stop here...

So where's the update ?
huhu.... j'étais à Paris 2 jours... wait a minute man huhuhuhu...
but anyway, I've worked a little bit these last night... between two trains... :argh:
But renderings are made... it just need I mount them and post...
this morning then...

Thanks to all of you... or all these comments :deal:

Lemog
11-21-2008, 07:01 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227254482_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227254482_large.jpg)

The actual step of the Steamboat, with the more machinery, engines... and so

Lemog
11-21-2008, 07:02 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227254555_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227254555_large.jpg)

another view

Lemog
11-21-2008, 07:03 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227254618_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227254618_large.jpg)

more...

Lemog
11-21-2008, 07:05 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227254739_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227254739_large.jpg)

the part where the engine and steam machine...

Lemog
11-21-2008, 07:06 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227254800_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227254800_large.jpg)

a last one for the pleasure...

paperclip
11-21-2008, 07:11 AM
Lemogish:Je pense....je pense.. que vous avez peut-être besoin de plus de steampunk?

English: I think..it needs..MORE steampunk. :wip:

Try
11-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Laurent you are the man!:)
There are so many details and interesting solutions I could stare at this fore hour's.
You are definitely living in the wrong time.
You should have been born a mad scientist 150 years ago buddy.:)

must be starting to get a bit polly heavy already this thing....

Elendil_le_Grand
11-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Nice details on this boat.

You even made the structure you are a fool :)
Anyway, this is a good job ...

But it's true maybe with more steampunk it will be better ;)

.::FRED::.
11-21-2008, 09:51 AM
... ben dis donc t'as démarré au quart de tour pour ce challenge ! Va falloir nous dire a quoi tu carbures lol En tous cas ca démarre super bien ... j'attends de voir la suite !

P.S. : en fait comme d'hab quoi lol

What a nice and quick start !!! Very good so far ...there is already a lot of work here ! See impatient for the next steps !

Lemog
11-21-2008, 09:54 AM
English: I think..it needs..MORE steampunk. :wip:
Euh... in fact I think to doesn't understand very well... more steampunk !
more what exactly ? I must said that I don't the signification at 100% certainly :shrug:

You should have been born a mad scientist 150 years ago buddy.
sometimes, that made me afraid :argh:

must be starting to get a bit polly heavy already this thing....
I think my limit for this model is around 100 000 polys... and a bit more is not a prob...

But it's true maybe with more steampunk it will be better ;)
là, je demande en français... çà veut dire quoi "more steampunk"...
je pensais être dans le sujet... qu'est-ce qu'il manque réellement ?
(je sais, je suis toujours un gros blaireau en anglais...) :D
merci d'avance...

Lemog
11-21-2008, 09:55 AM
... ben dis donc t'as démarré au quart de tour pour ce challenge ! Va falloir nous dire a quoi tu carbures lol En tous cas ca démarre super bien ... j'attends de voir la suite !

P.S. : en fait comme d'hab quoi lol

What a nice and quick start !!! Very good so far ...there is already a lot of work here ! See impatient for the next steps !
cool... toi aussi tu es là ? en vidéo... that's so great !
j'vais vite aller voir ce que tu fais... +

RageOfAges
11-21-2008, 10:13 AM
You work so fast! This is truly amazing. I hate saying that after everyone else has; I want to find something to criticize so I can give positive feedback instead of kissing your butt, but I simply can't find anything wrong with it:banghead:. As I was watching your WIP of the Arc, I was picturing a whole pile of animals all jumbled together in the large "cage" with legs and stuff sticking out between the bars ( kinda like when the rebels get caught in the ewok net on endor in return of the jedi). But I guess noah wouldn't have been doing the animals any favors if that was how he was goinig to stuff 'em into the arc:hmm:

Gunilla
11-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Looks splendid now I think ... and for me certainly enough "steampunk" with all the gears and visible machinery. And oh, I agree with Try about the mad scientist part :D

Nice weekend to you ... polyfree?

daWinky
11-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Fantastic work with the ark construction:thumbsup: , it looks like enough steam and punk and certainly totally Lemog design, so nothing to crit!

Wish you a nice weekend!

-sabrina

Elendil_le_Grand
11-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Peut-être un peu de chaine, de mécanisme, de rouages (voir même en déco) ... Cela dit c t juste une réflexion faite après avoir lu ce que disait paperclip.

En ayant relu sur wikipedia ce qu'était le steampunk, il me semble que tu réponds à la demande sans problème : de la vapeur, du bois, du fer, du gigantisme, une technologie basée sur des rouages et la vapeur et un style 19e ...

Donc keep up the good work Lolo ;)

paperclip
11-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Je suis d'accord avec Elendil, c'est ce que je voulais dire. Je pense que certains engins de plus et les springs (ehh, je ne sais pas le mot francais. Pas la saison!) et les choses comme ça?

...désolé d'en parler à ce stade. S'il vous plaît ne me haïssent. :blush:

I agree with elendil. I think maybe some more gears and springs and that sort of thing? Sorry to bring this up at such a late stage. Don't hurt me. :D

...p.s thanks for your lovely comments on my piece in the gallery. :love:

Lemog
11-21-2008, 01:26 PM
As I was watching your WIP of the Arc, I was picturing a whole pile of animals all jumbled together in the large "cage" with legs and stuff sticking out between the bars ( kinda like when the rebels get caught in the ewok net on endor in return of the jedi). But I guess noah wouldn't have been doing the animals any favors if that was how he was goinig to stuff 'em into the arc:hmm:
no prob mate... I must explain more for you... I know my head sometimes is a little mad...
The cage is not a cage, double part, first as a door, the second as to make the jonction with a kind of little bridge, or footgate... don't know exactly the name...
And again, no probs for animals... they don't enter with their legs... but modernly with wagons... if that not change.
Of course, and you certainly understand that... I don't want to obtain something a bit realistic, but moreover funny...
Incredible and mad...
Thanks a lot for your interest... your welcome.

Looks splendid now I think ... and for me certainly enough "steampunk" with all the gears and visible machinery. And oh, I agree with Try about the mad scientist part

Nice weekend to you ... polyfree?
huhu... yep... Polyfree agree me !
about the steampunk style, if I considere my vision of Steampunk, I'm near... but of course not sure... I'm maybe more near than visionaries of the middle of XIXème than Steampunk vision of young people... :D
For the mad scientist Noah... I will try to work with 2 ways... one with this guy, an another one without... if I don't have enough time to finish in time... I will see

Fantastic work with the ark construction:thumbsup: , it looks like enough steam and punk and certainly totally Lemog design, so nothing to crit!
Wish you a nice weekend!
-sabrina
Ok Sabie... glad to see it's ok for you... often, I'm afraid to see that my english don't progress :D

Peut-être un peu de chaine, de mécanisme, de rouages (voir même en déco) ... Cela dit c t juste une réflexion faite après avoir lu ce que disait paperclip.

En ayant relu sur wikipedia ce qu'était le steampunk, il me semble que tu réponds à la demande sans problème : de la vapeur, du bois, du fer, du gigantisme, une technologie basée sur des rouages et la vapeur et un style 19e ...

Donc keep up the good work Lolo ;)
Ok, I see what you mean... but the Steamboat is not finish... so far !
It miss again all the part to move it... the balloon, wires, more machineries, lamps, arms, propelers ! (remember the concept sketche modeling !)

Je suis d'accord avec Elendil, c'est ce que je voulais dire. Je pense que certains engins de plus et les springs (ehh, je ne sais pas le mot francais. Pas la saison!) et les choses comme ça?

...désolé d'en parler à ce stade. S'il vous plaît ne me haïssent. :blush:

I agree with elendil. I think maybe some more gears and springs and that sort of thing? Sorry to bring this up at such a late stage. Don't hurt me. :D

...p.s thanks for your lovely comments on my piece in the gallery. :love:
Know I saw exactly what you need... but I must reassure you... don't think at 100% to add all things you want, because it remain many things in my head to add to this SteamBoat... and it risks to doesn't have enough place to put all on it ! :cool:

you will see... and I thinks (almost sure) you will appreciate the final madness !

The final design is totally finished in my head... and that works :D

Lemog
11-21-2008, 01:28 PM
I forget to say something... the engine as you could see it on the previous images was made the november 19... but yesterday, I've change its design a little bit...

...I must do a fast update for the Vieux Paris... and after, I will post the new one...

(and I know... I have also an animation to post... argh... too much problems with times... grrr)

paperclip
11-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Magnifique, magnifique, magnifique. J'espère que vous pourrez vous détendre un peu ce week-end pendant que vous faites votre incroyable masterpiece (le mot francais??) dans votre tête. : D Et boire un Guinness pour moi. Je crois que j'ai un peu de vin avec mon nom dessus, huhuhuhu. Maintenant, je vais à mon travail sur l'île de Pâques (Easter Island) idée...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I hope you have a relaxing weekend and can finish your masterpiece in your head. Drink a Guinness just for me, I believe I have a bottle of (french) wine around here with 'clippy' written on it, hahaha. Now, off I go to work on my Easter Island idea....

Lemog
11-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Masterpiece -> une pièce maîtresse... or better : un chef d'oeuvre...

...but I will be far of that ;)

I'm impatient to see your idea about Easter Island... but If you don't have a precise one... you can used the one I talk few days ago... I will be honored !

ivanisavich
11-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Oh wow.......talk about detail!!! Looking great!

Lemog
11-21-2008, 08:16 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227302206_medium.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/steampunk/05_anim_2_plans.avi)

Here's a new test of animation...
no major changement, just to show you the first new plan I've placed...

Not totally decided... but that could be good for the rythm... and now, I must decided if Noah will be here or not... where and when...

About the explosion... it's not really modified... but anyway different.
It's only due to the compositing file... it's a new one. The previous one was crashed there's a couple of hours :-/
(After Effects is sensible...)

agou
11-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Yeah After Effects is really awful, crashes often... Bon courage quoi...
And about ParisFX, was it interesting? Did you have a lot of success? (and new fan girls?)

I totally agree with Elendil, you're really near to this challenge's theme! In fact, I think you're Steampunk personified!

See ya!

:bounce:

Lemog
11-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah After Effects is really awful, crashes often... Bon courage quoi...
Yes... I like it... but sometimes it's really awful... usually, I try to muliply the files... but as it was the test animation, of course... no save ! :hmm:

And about ParisFX, was it interesting?
Yes... that was a very good show... and very interesting... the organizator, Mr. François de Saint-Exupéry have made a very good work... and it's not easy to organize this sort of event.
I'm sure that could continue for many years now... I hope to see you for a next one :D

Did you have a lot of success? (and new fan girls?)
What ? you had some spies on ParisFX :twisted: hahahaha...
well... I was not here to talk about me, but moreover to follow all the good interventions... also professionaly to find good and simpathetic stagiaire !

I think you're Steampunk personified!
huhu... maybe I'm not human... but you know... my heart is a real one :p huhu

Here's the picture I send for the catalogue :

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/lemog/paris_FX2008_lemog_640.jpg

Zapan
11-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey Laurent !

The animation is looking great , the camels are really nice. Good luck with AfterFx , I had my share of crashes with it too.

Hope you had a great time at Parisfx , I'm sure you had a great presentation over there so congratulations :)

Have a great poly week end ,

cheers ,

-Zapan

Gunilla
11-22-2008, 06:32 AM
Yep - the new test looks fine. The explosion is meaner now, only I think it could hit the ship a bit sooner, before it starts to pass behind the mountain. Now it's a bit unclear if it hits the ship or the mountain.
I like to get the shot of the wagons first not knowing where they are going. Good start for the polyfree weekend! :)

Lemog
11-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Have a great poly week end ,
huhu... just partying this week end :drool:
but I hope you, you find some good creation times :wavey:

Yep - the new test looks fine. The explosion is meaner now, only I think it could hit the ship a bit sooner, before it starts to pass behind the mountain. Now it's a bit unclear if it hits the ship or the mountain.
I like to get the shot of the wagons first not knowing where they are going. Good start for the polyfree weekend! :)
I'm totally ok with your remark... the explosion is really too late... Steamboat too far... or, too much neat the mountain... but in other hand, if it explose before... it will be again larger and that will be for me more difficult to make a realistic explosion, and particules projections... as I said before... in this case... I'm totally beginner :scream:

A nice week for you too Gunie :thumbsup:

Elendil_le_Grand
11-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Really nice test ...
I think your videa will be a good one ;)

Lemog
11-22-2008, 09:05 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227348337_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227348337_large.jpg)

The new version for the steam engine...
with 2 chimneys... I've change that because I need place between for the balloons wires... you will see.

And also now, the propeller... I hope you like the design...

Lemog
11-22-2008, 09:08 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227348531_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227348531_large.jpg)

an another view... as you see, the steam part is not really much detailed, but only a little part will be visible... it's enough I think.

Next parts will be the propellers systemn of each side the steamboat, wich served to take off...

Well... no more update during the week end... ;-)

ace4016
11-22-2008, 09:09 AM
You know...i just really hope a lot of this detail will be seen in the final image. You've always been one to go overboard with the detail! You could probably put your models in a 3d printer and get a structurally fit model out :D

You also make it hard to comment :P

thebest
11-22-2008, 02:46 PM
nice update :scream: I like what I`am seeing alot :thumbsup: keep going :arteest:

Lemog
11-22-2008, 03:26 PM
You know...i just really hope a lot of this detail will be seen in the final image. You've always been one to go overboard with the detail!
-> even if I stop now with detailing... I like much to do that, even only for my pleasure...
and actually, with my other big project, that refresh me a lot ! so good :drool:

You could probably put your models in a 3d printer and get a structurally fit model out :D
Yes of course... but that will be expansive... too much details :scream: hahaha

nice update :scream: I like what I`am seeing alot :thumbsup:
the greedy friend :thumbsup:

mim-Armand
11-22-2008, 04:32 PM
-> even if I stop now with detailing... I like much to do that, even only for my pleasure...
and actually, with my other big project, that refresh me a lot ! so good :drool:

lol, seems this one is on all of us! detail hungrynessing thing!!!
Btw it goes relly great sofar, really lovely steam-bot man, really lovely! ;) http://www.pic4ever.com/images/congratualtions.gif

mim, http://www.pic4ever.com/images/139fs108574.gif

Elendil_le_Grand
11-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Like always your update ;)
The next quick :)

SONIC-X
11-23-2008, 04:18 PM
The ark is looking great ,I always enjoy looking at your work.Keep it up.
Cheers ,Corrie

MatteoM
11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Go Lemog... I wait news... :thumbsup:

Mat

Lemog
11-23-2008, 07:58 PM
lol, seems this one is on all of us! detail hungrynessing thing!!!
Btw it goes relly great sofar, really lovely steam-bot man, really lovely! ;)
Thanks man... I'm very happy you like it...
I don't know if it will comes a great piece, but one thing is sure, I've taked much fun with it ! :wise:

Like always your update ;)
The next quick :)
as you know... rarely update the week end... maybe tomorrow...

The ark is looking great ,I always enjoy looking at your work.Keep it up.
Cheers ,Corrie
Thanks for your words... certainly a good help... my motivation is not at the top !

Go Lemog... I wait news... :thumbsup:
Mat
I do my best... but I must aknowledge that's so dfficult this evening !
god of polys is not with me ! :twisted:

paperclip
11-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Yep, it says 'You need components of quicktime to play this. Unfortunately they are not available on the quicktime server'.

Anyone else having this problem?

daWinky
11-24-2008, 05:18 AM
Morning Lolo,

a lot of updates for a party-weekend:eek: ...

most things are already said about the new explosion test, especially about the timing of the explosion, could be earlier for me too. I like the speed of the wagons rolling in, I've got immediately the impression of sick camels throwing up:D ...The part I like most at the moment is the ark itself, great to watch the mechanics and the growing balloon:thumbsup: - and this will even be better with the newest modifications you've made, nice propeller by the way...
So I really hope you put a lot of weight in the start of the arc for your video, I will enjoy!

Have a great start in the week!

-sabrina

edit:Theresa, I've no problems...do you know about the free VLC media player? Plays almost each format including quicktime, great for streaming videos and with regular updates, easy to install. Highly recommended, you can find a download here (http://www.videolan.org/).
No advertising intended, I just love this tool, it solved all my video performance problems...

flaeticia
11-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Great !
really steampunk update :)

Lemog
11-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Yep, it says 'You need components of quicktime to play this. Unfortunately they are not available on the quicktime server'.

Anyone else having this problem?
As Sabrina said... VLC is a very good solution to play all !

So I really hope you put a lot of weight in the start of the arc for your video, I will enjoy !

Morning Sabrina, glad you like more these new things...
about this part of the animation, maybe I will put more time, and more different views...
in first, I want to do something really simple, (due to my lack of time), and with only one plan ! maybe that will be not possible...

Great !
really steampunk update :)
Thanks Miss... :cool:

I'll post update soon :bounce:

Try
11-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Good morning Laurent.
Great updates! You have the style down alright.
My only comment would be to your test film. I`d like to see some more closeups of details. both the wagons rushing allong and the airship taking of gets a bit long to watch. plus you have so many beautiful details to show of. propellers folding out wheels turning and so on. also i would be great to see a glimpse of Noah on the deck there.
One kind of wonders who this guy is.

Lemog
11-24-2008, 07:02 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227513748_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/23/15912/15912_1227513748_large.jpg)

One of the 4 side's propellers...

Elendil_le_Grand
11-24-2008, 07:27 AM
It's really cool :)
I like this mecanism ;)

agou
11-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Always cool updates here my dear Lolo. Have you spent a good week end?
:bounce:

thebest
11-24-2008, 09:03 AM
that really nice mechanism :thumbsup: keep going

Gunilla
11-24-2008, 09:21 AM
I see you have waken up after all the partying, good! :)

This is a really cool mechanism, and will be so nice when it unfolds like that.
This really is your theme, Lolo!

I wish you a good start for the week.