PDA

View Full Version : blendshape xsi to maya

savithk
11-12-2008, 11:25 AM
iam useing softimage xsi 7 .....well... i create a blendshape in individual object NOT in shapemanger when i export to obj file as a different blendshape object for maya2008 ... when i define blendshape in maya ....A object is moving to B object ( A means Main Object - B means target object )..but blendshape is working( transforming ) but the different is that target object moving to main object.....but when i export in FBX... that blendshape in maya 2008 without any problem the blendshape is workng........its NOT a maya problem....maybe in xsi....i really dont no ...any idea

ThE_JacO
11-12-2008, 12:09 PM
I don't know if we're in front of a language barrier here, but .obj doesn't carry shape data with it.
Obj is just one cloud of points and connectivity, eventually UVs, some other optional dat, but with no additional blendshapes.

Unless you mean that you change the shape of something in xsi but it still comes out with its original shape, in which case maybe try to freeze it before exporting if in the viewport it's showing up the way you want to see it.

Your description of the problem isn't entirely clear though. Sorry.

toonafish
11-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Could it be you moved the target object to a different place in XSI before exporting as an OBJ ?

CGTalk Moderation
11-12-2008, 12:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.