PDA

View Full Version : Transfering from Max to Softimage, need help.

torijinsir
11-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Can someone post shortcut key of xsi7? especially those keys for modeling please?
And for those ppl who transfer from 3dmax/Maya, do you guys use default key setting of XSI? Will there be any problem or inconvinience if I go deeper of xsi with other software key setting?

ThE_JacO
11-12-2008, 12:43 AM
file menu> keyboard mapping.
you can even export the whole layout as html for consulting outside of XSI if you wish.

shadowedge
11-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Will there be any problem or inconvinience if I go deeper of xsi with other software key setting?

yeah, although for starters its ok to modify the shortcuts so that they get a closer feel to the app you came from, it'll mean that you may have to overwrite some important shortcuts that XSI has by default.

So I recommend that you train yourself to get used to the keys as they are. It's more than worth it anyway.

torijinsir
11-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Thank you very much, i will try to get used of them asap.

PiotrekM
11-12-2008, 08:19 PM
I've changed some shortcuts when I was learning XSI, but left most of them untouched. Like remapped 1,2,3,4,5 to vertex, edge, polygon paint, polygon rect, polygon island ;)

CGTalk Moderation
11-12-2008, 08:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.