PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Tim Dunn

aurora
11-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Tim Dunn has entered "Steampunk Myths and Legends".

aurora
11-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Have no idea when I'm going to find time for this but I'm deff in. My plan is to recreate the scene in Tolkien's 'The Silmarillion' where Melkor gets Ungoliant to poison and kill the Two Trees of Valinor created by Varda. No chance for any pre's till this weekend but will have something by Monday.

aurora
11-13-2008, 04:53 PM
I was daydreaming during a long class yesterday and was thinking about doing the scene where Melkor is being overpowered by Ungoliant in battle and calls for his Balrogs to help him overcome Ungoliant. The balrogs would be seriously cool to do in Steampunk fashion. But man I'm seriously not sure if I would find enough time to get it all done. Again I'll decide by the end of the weekend and get some pre-viz sketches up.

aurora
12-06-2008, 01:49 AM
OK, so I counted myself out when I decided not to use my original idea, that and school is a royal b**** right now and worse next semester. But after a rather wild and fun for us but not everyone else trying to study afternoon I have a new idea taken from my fav opera (OK the only opera I've seen but it was 17.5 hours so that should count for 50 others!), Wagners Der Rind des Nibelungen. Namely Woton (or in other stories Odins) shieldmaidens the Valkyries. In most of the stories the maidens, chainmail clad riding their ringed horses (although in true ancient mythology they were probably wolves) riding amoung the fallen in battle looking for the most heroic warriors to carry to Valhalla till Woton/Odin rides forth with them at Ragnorak the battle at the end of the world.
Sketchs coming tomorrow or Sunday.

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2008, 01:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.