PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Fernando Porcel

Ferx
11-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Fernando Porcel is entered in the "Steampunk Myths and Legends" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/steampunk/view_entries.php?challenger=15789)

Latest Update: Concept / pre-visualization: wide canvas test

http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1229586632_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=5567967#post5567967)

Spin99
11-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Hey Ferx!
Nice to see you're still here.
Cheeeeeers :beer:

MartinNielsen
11-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Many familiar faces already. Hey hey :)

Jassar
11-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Nice to see you too! that's why I love these challenges, they bring us all together to have some fun.
looking forward for your progress :)

nwiz25
11-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Nice to see you too! that's why I love these challenges, they bring us all together to have some fun.

i wholeheartedly agree!! :cry: :love: i've been waiting for this ... wanting to meet everyone too! ... it's like there's some adrenalin rush of some sort when it comes to these challenges and it fires up everyone to bring out the best and most importantly HAVE FUN!! :bounce:

great to see ya fernando!! :love: waiting to see your concept! good luck all the way! :thumbsup:

Thaldir
11-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Hola, Fernando!

The good company is more than half the fun of a Challenge, can't wait to see what you're coming up with. :)

varma
11-12-2008, 04:48 AM
Hola Amigo!
Finally! A new challenge and a chance to meet all the cool guys with crazy ideas!
Looking forward to see your take on this one!
Shake that mouse!
:buttrock:

SteevieWoo
11-12-2008, 07:30 AM
FIRS.... aw forget it, I'm really late... :blush:

Well. It's great as always to join you Fer, Even if it would be just to develope nocturnal tequila shoot habits like last time. I'm getting old, so I hope I'll make it to the end.:beer:

I'll be coming to bother you, so you better get your rolleycoaster-like concept process going soon hehehe...

Best wishes Fer! Have a big damn lot of fun!

Ivy00
11-12-2008, 07:52 AM
hi ya Ferx :) good luck to you , I'll be keeping an eye out here to see what you come up with

AxelAlonso
11-12-2008, 08:34 AM
I am last I am last I win! :wise: whom ever will be after me...well they just entered another category! :curious: That's right! :rolleyes: Happy to see you here Fer! Go on and show us what you got on mind to steam up ! haha I am happy another get together challenge it's here! will be really fun! :p

NOOB!
11-12-2008, 08:39 AM
hola! gud luck my friend!

Donglu-LittleFish
11-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi, dropping by to say hello! Let's have lot of fun this time!

scala
11-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Fernando good luck and a glass of Steampunk Tequila :beer:
That' a legend No Cheers Eric

OKMER
11-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Jassar

Just like Neville, the same!
Great to see you again man!Indeed,bring the steam tequila!

Cyberone
11-13-2008, 12:11 AM
thanks for dropping by!

will keep an eye on ya thread to see what
youve got install for us :)

see ya soon :):p

Russell-Nash
11-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi Fernando.

Nice to see you entering this challenge. I will keep an eye on your thread.

Good luck and let the fun begin. :arteest:

Torsten

mdavid
11-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Yep, these challenges just wouldn't be the same without people like yourself adding to the magic. As usual, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do

laurentino
11-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Hey Pal

nice to see you here.
i'll be watching you ^^ .... good lucky :thumbsup:

Ferx
11-14-2008, 08:06 PM
J.C. - Thanks my friend :D

Martin - Yes, many friends on the challenge, that is the most cool part of any challenge

Jassar - I totally agree with you my friend, that is the best part, " They bring us all together... " :buttrock:

Neville - My dear magician, is more than a pleasure to be side by side with you in this challenge :) All the best my dear friend !!

Tiziano - you are totally right my friend. Let begins the fun!!

Mathias - Thanks venn !! And I´m ready for your great concepts!!

Gabriel - Gracias !! I'm have ready the tequila bottle for the rollercoaster ride, without seat belts!! hahahahah :D

Linda - Thanks friend. For sure I´m looking forward on your concept !

Axel - Thanks my friend !! Really cool that you joined the steam fun :D

Nubian - Thanks my friend. Ah, and you can't leave the steamboat, eh? :D

Donglu - Really thanks !!

Eric - ZE thanks my friend!! A big glass of tequila à votre santé ! :D

Remko - Thanks my friend !! Is a totally pleasure to share this challenge with you my friend, and of course the steam tequila too !! :D

Simon - Thanks friend. And ready to follow your journey on this challenge !

Torsten - Thanks my friend ! :D Great that you joined, i know this is a great theme for your concepts and ideas !!

Mark - Thanks my friend !! Is really an honor to be able to ride again by your side on this challenge :D

Filipe - Thanks my friend ! Ready for the fun !

soapy
11-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Hey Ferx, cool to see you onboard. Bring it on!

Ferx
11-14-2008, 11:58 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1226707119_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1226707119_large.jpg)

My first sketch on the concept :D

The idea is based on the Tooth Mouse, the equivalent of the Tooth Fairy in latin-america and Spain.

I want a little twist on the myth, and make this steampunk tooth mouse more darker and malicious :D He not only take the tooth with a big clamp, if he can, he take the money too! :D

Before I post this sketch, I notice that my good friend Jassar, has posted a similar concept based on the tooth fairy. He post first and he has the right over it :D

Time to found a new steam stream :D

angel
11-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Hello Fernando! Good idea, I think it would be cooler to replace the knob on the mouse's back with a steam engine, btw the mawhack is awesome :)

SteevieWoo
11-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee almost in time!
I like that evil rat! (I assume it is a rat, everybody knows mice aren't cool enough to grow mohawks :D )
I like the fact there is a close relationship between the rat's eyes ant the poor kid's sleepy head linked by the lamp's light.

Y' know I just noticed something, the branches in the first plane almost look like they're pulling apart the curtains, also the rope that actually holds the curtains gets lost behind the branches, not that I don't like the idea, creepy trees are neat! But if that wasn't what you meant it can be confusing.
Anyway It's great to see you start so well.
Rock on Fer:buttrock:

AxelAlonso
11-15-2008, 02:13 AM
Hey Fer! MISE! ATtAck :buttrock:

:thumbsup: Love the idea of having lightbulb as ears! and the red light also makes this guy very fun and maybe evil! :twisted: love the simple framing composition you did here, indeed a powerfull idea! and it´s only your 1st so I am prepared to see how steam it´s cool for ya! haha! :beer: Cheers Buddy! excellent Idea!

P.D. I rather seeing the hairdo in another style...options it´s best! :rolleyes: personal opinion off course! ;)

LiquidD
11-15-2008, 04:26 AM
So good to see hispanic legends on this challenge!
Ratoncito Perez Powaaaa :D

varma
11-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Yo Fer!
Just what I expected to see from a humourous artist of your capacity! Cheerful, colorful,
and interesting to look at, for both children and "grown ups"!
My money is on you, amigo!
:arteest:

nwiz25
11-15-2008, 10:00 AM
hey dude!! :p a really cool headstart!! i especially love the fact that you took care of the light being reflected on the surface .i.e. his bulb nose :D .. plus the rat's expression :P

as mentioned by snows about the steam engine .. thats a good suggestion .. you'll also wanna add a couple of gears .. cranks of sorts to show a little mechanism ;)

good luck buddy!

Jassar
11-15-2008, 11:16 AM
That's one cool sketch amigo :thumbsup: , this time your going to make something amazing I'm sure.
Cheers and good luck :beer:

phoenix
11-15-2008, 11:21 AM
very sweet and lovely theme.. love to saee how it evolves

regards

Gunilla
11-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Beautiful! I love the idea of a tooth mouse, much more realistic than a tooth feerie anyway :D
Good start with the sketch too - nice mood and coloring.

DeeVad
11-16-2008, 12:31 AM
I'm happy to see that tooth mouse is almost international. Fun sketch.

MartinNielsen
11-16-2008, 01:21 AM
Nice and funny for sure :) I would also think it was a rat. Looking nasty and all :twisted:

LiquidD
11-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Thanks mate for your comment! Is like you read in my mind!
I will never win this contest, but i'm having so much fun :D

Chuuuuus :p

Ferx
11-16-2008, 08:05 AM
Soapy - Thanks my friend :D

Angel - Really thanks for the comment. You are totally right. The rat needs steam power

Gabriel - Thanks my friend. Yep, is a evil rat. Agree with the branches issue, thanks for point that ( No more tequila.... hahahaha) Cheers!!

Axel - Really glad that you liked the bulbs idea :D And you are right, perhaps a different hair cut for the bad rat. Cheers !!

Jeroth - Thanks mate for your words! Cheers!!

Sergio - Thanks! glad that you liked the concept on "ratoncito Pérez" :D

Mathias - Really thanks for your words my friend! And take care with your money, this steampuk rat is really dangerous... :D Cheers my friend!!

Neville - Thanks my friend!! Yea, you are right, I need to put a more mechanical look on the rat, now looks a bit electrical :D Thanks for the suggestions!

Jassar - Glad that you liked the sketch my friend! You know me, I like to experiment a lot with the theme and for sure I try new concepts ... I hope :D Cheers!!

Saif - Thanks mate for your words!

Gunilla - Really thanks ! Glad that you liked the bit creepy mood :D

David - Thanks mate! Yes, I forgot that in France the myth is with a mouse too :D la petite souris

Martin - Thanks my friend. Yep, is more a rat, an evil rat :D

Sergio - Thanks again friend. Dont worry about the winning chances, these challenges are for share the same pasion that we all have, share experiences, ideas, good moments, camaraderie and learning a lot :)

balfs21
11-16-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm only new to your community...but I really like the atmosphere guys!

As for your idea...like the slant you've taken! You need a big toothy grin to go with it?!

musi
11-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey Fernando, my friend!!! Glad to see you too taking part in this madness!!!

Like very much the idea of the tooth mouse, and I don't think you should worry about Jassar using the same story - it's actually interesting to see two different visions of the same concept taking shape. (can you point me in direction of Jassar's thread that I can enjoy differences - that if you will decide to go with this concept)

And I mist you too :)

edit: I found Jassar's thread! And his vision of it is quite different, so just go for it!!!

RicoD
11-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Looking good Fernando! Best of luck to you!

NinjaA55N
11-17-2008, 01:53 PM
hehe, very lovely concept! is the mouse climbing in or out with the tooth?

JackZhang
11-17-2008, 02:47 PM
ha ha ha. I love the idea. what a weird tooth fairy!

Donglu-LittleFish
11-17-2008, 05:36 PM
The cuttest concept so far!!! Adorable!

scala
11-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Hey Fernando it's almost finish ...love the idea :buttrock:

BernardoDelgado
11-17-2008, 06:00 PM
jaja buena idea, estaré al pendiente , :) saludos y a hecharle ganas

soapy
11-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Hey great sketch Ferx, I love the colours and composition.

mdavid
11-18-2008, 03:02 AM
That's a beautiful first drawing, and an intriguing twist to the story. Great start, buddy!

Ferx
11-18-2008, 07:46 AM
David - Thanks mate and welcome to CGsociety ! Cheers!

Sasha - Thanks my friend :D You are totally right about the concept, but you know, I love to explore many ideas... and I have a new one.. :)

Ricardo - Really thanks mate!

Blaz - Thanks friend!! Yes, you point a issue on the concept :D Is not clear if the mouse go to in or out. I want the mouse go in, and I need to be more clear on that. Again, thanks for your words.

Jack - Thanks mate ! Really glad that you liked the concept :D

Donglu - Thanks friend !! really appreciate your words! :)

Eric - Thanks my friend !! I think that I have some time to explore other ideas, but the mouse is my hiden ace :D Cheers!

Bernardo - Gracias !! es bueno saber que andamos varios mexicanos por aqui. Oye, que buena imagen la de tu "machinflesh", de mis favoritas :D

Soapy - Thanks my friend! Glad that you liked ! :D

Mark - Really thanks my friend! Yes, I wanted a more darker character, a really punk rat.. :D Cheers!! :beer:

Ferx
11-18-2008, 08:02 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1226995358_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1226995358_large.jpg)

This is a totally different concept from my first idea :D

Is based on the legend about the foundation of Tenochtitlan, the capital of the Aztec Empire. I make the mythic eagle like steampunk eagle transport :D

MartinNielsen
11-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Nice bird, Ferx:) But does it really need three propellers? ;)

SteevieWoo
11-18-2008, 08:16 AM
There, Finally first!

(Provided no one posts faster than me)
I was wondering whatever happened to you and if the rat got all yout teeth or what, but finally we see some more from you ! :bounce:

You turned the table again, And I like it a lot! the ligthing looks beautiful already in my opinion, I like the huge shadow of the pyramid falling right on the ship, it helps for mood and to bring up the light in the windows and eyes.

Boy you're really getting to something nice here, I hope you'll stick to this one , I'd be great to see it in full detail!

Cheers Fer!!:beer:

Update:
HA! TOLD YOU! SECOND!!

MartinNielsen
11-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Sorry for that Steevie... ;)

varma
11-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Excellent Fer!
The new concept is a whole lot more massive and firey!
I like the Idea of pyramids and small-scaled ships!
YOu have a good eye for details and sense of scale!
:applause:

Irawan
11-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Nice sketch and a good idea, it would be nice if you take the camera a little bit from down.
great start anyway.

musi
11-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Fernando, your new idea looks fabulous! It's all another dimension - first one was a child world, the second one is a humanity childhood :)

I agree with Irawan about the camera - it will look even bigger and more godly, like a little frightened man's perspective... If you wish for that effect...

Nice :thumbsup:

Gunilla
11-18-2008, 03:43 PM
You're new idea is really cool - could make of something quite dramatic. However, I am so fond of yout toothmouse! It feels so trully unique for this challenge.
I'm sure whatever you choose will turn out great though :)

Slav
11-18-2008, 08:10 PM
i see you're going epic! looks very cool, cant wait for more.

Raerk
11-18-2008, 08:16 PM
hi! i love the concept of aztec civilization! i m interresting by how you will detail your eagle ! good luck :beer:

Wen-Jr
11-18-2008, 08:25 PM
sounds like a great idea:D ! but for me the first idea is more original

Cheers :beer:

Jo

VictorSantos
11-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Woah!! Awesome buddy! keep it up, I'll keep an eye on the post to see the results.

GonzaloGolpe
11-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Hola! :wavey: hey, the Aztec Empire and that curious technology, I think it could be a nice idea, go for it!

y buena suerte! ;)

Ataulfo
11-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi dude,
I like your second sketch / idea.http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon13.gif
The eagle with helicopter is great. As well i prefer the colors and perspective in this one.
Keep it on!!!

:beer: Cheers

bandro
11-19-2008, 06:11 AM
Hi fer! thanks for you comments, its nice to see you there. Personally i like more the first sketch because its funny, either way your artwork its gonna rock!!

good luck my friend

soapy
11-19-2008, 06:37 AM
Great work Ferx, that second sketch is really good too. Another rich concept, Aztec imagery is so cool it would be great fun to mix it with steampunk.

KolorGuild
11-19-2008, 07:25 AM
I really like the camera angle in the second idea you posted. The Aztec idea is brilliant I think. I agree with the one post querying the use of all 3 propellers. Unless the main propeller folds away during flight? Awesome design none the less. Can't wait to see this one updated.

balasa
11-19-2008, 08:23 AM
i'm really liking this new direction this piece is going good job

sasquatch70
11-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Hey Fernando,

I think I like your second idea aswell. There is alot more going on in the piece. Very cool subject too. Great work man.
Brad

Ivy00
11-19-2008, 09:59 AM
oh awesomeness on the new idea :) love the eagle concept machine

mdavid
11-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Ah, now that's the problem with coming up with two excellent ideas - now you have to decide, and I see the verdict is split among the comments. I loved that evil mouse guy, but the grandeur of the flying machine makes for an intriguing image. Great work, buddy

nadeem-3d
11-19-2008, 12:36 PM
hi Ferx (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=283330) ;)
nice concept
I'd be waiting to see your update

paperclip
11-19-2008, 01:27 PM
I really like the aztec idea. I'm seconding (thirding?) the idea of lowering the camera. Also I'd darken and desaturate the foreground elements, they catch the eye too much and stop you from looking at the wonderfully eagle helicopter thingy you have going on there.

One other thing though....it looks more like it runs on electricity/gas than steam, probably because it's based more on the 1940s helicoptors than actual steampunk imagery (as in trains, zeppelins, etc). Just my 2 euro cent worth...

:beer:

JackZhang
11-19-2008, 02:49 PM
I actually like the first concept more. The second one is large and probably need a different approach (technically). Yet who am I here to decide.

Keep it up!!

OKMER
11-19-2008, 03:37 PM
HI fernando!
Yes very nice skethes man.Personally I prefere the mouse teeth collector.Maybe could be fun to give him some steamy backpack for holding and cleaning the collected teeth.

More more!:D
And ofcourse one little Tequila before leaving:beer:

Cyberone
11-19-2008, 03:40 PM
it reminds me of alot of cartoons that i watched as a kid :) voltron and the likes :)

looks sweet tho ther is not much victorian elements involved....looks pretty cyber.

but its going sweet :)

Elendil_le_Grand
11-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Nice sketch :)
Like the last one ;)

Selina42
11-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Loving the combination of aztec and steampunk -fantastic idea and great image! Looking forward to seeing the progression!

AxelAlonso
11-20-2008, 03:38 AM
Fer this size and ideas are really well matched! I am so hoping you keep this one! I mean I like the Raton Miguelito¨it´s GREAt! :applause: Although I rather this one best for legend´s theme ...like maybe this is how the Mayan people scape from their cities huh? I don´t know?´its start.. :shrug: though! Keep moving that awesome imagination I am sure once you like something you´ll just et us know! :beer: Beer For ya! coz it hut in here! :D

balfs21
11-20-2008, 03:47 AM
I like the look of your idea mate...steampunking-up the central american indians by the look of it?! Nice!

antone-m
11-20-2008, 08:56 AM
oh how didn`t I see this before this is looking really cool :drool: keep going mate I know u are going to make a cool entry here :wip: :beer:

maxspider3000
11-20-2008, 09:50 AM
both Ideas looks neat, but the second sketch take my attention ... looks so glories :)

good luck ...

- Yusuf

NR43
11-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Love the 2nd idea!
The ship looks awesome but I don't think the giant propellor on top works .
Perhaps tilt the wigned prop engines so it can still take off vertically.
It needs more pipes and gear and steam and all that but I'm sure you know :)

Looking forward to this one!

Donglu-LittleFish
11-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Both concepts are very interesting to be explored. I personally like the first one better, because there is a clear story/moment going on there. The second depicts more a scenary than intimate relationship/interation. If you want to go with the second direction, maybe you should try to alter the composition, it seems a bit centrered for now. Really excellent brainstorming process going on here! Keep them up! :)

Ferx
11-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Martin - Thanks my friend You was the first and you got the tequila bottle!! ( Sorry Steevie :D )

Gabriel - Thanks my friend and better luck for the next.... kidding. You know me, I love to change my concepts for the challegens many times... hahahahah is part of the fun :D Again, thanks for your words. Cheers!! :beer:

Mathias - Thanks for your words my friend, I really appreciate it :D

Heri - Thanks mate. You are right about to put the camera down to enphasis the size of the eagle transporter. Really thanks for the comment.

Sasha - Thanks my friend, really glad that you liked the both concepts :D

Gunilla - Thanks for your words and support my friend :D

Slav - Thanks mate. Yep, I think on a epic concept for this challenge, some different of my previous challenges, that are more on a cartoon style ( much hours with 2D animation... and TV .... hahahahah)

Raphael - Really thanks for your words mate!!

Jonathan - Thanks mate !! Glad that you liked the mouse concept. Cheers!!

Victor - Thanks for your words, really appreciate it !!

Gonzalo - Thanks friend. Yep, I want a image based on my country´s legends. Need to research a bit more on the posibilities on many aztec legends . Again thanks !! Cheers

Iban - Really thanks my friend! And thanks for your support! Cheers !!

Alex - thanks my friend !!. I dont make a decision yet about the final concept , I want to explore a few more ideas :D Thanks for your support my friend!

Soapy - Thanks my friend! For sure I go for some aztec legend

David - Thanks mate, really glad that you liked the concept. I put the chopter propel for vertical takeoff, but sounds cool that this propel can fold. Thanks for the idea! Cheers!

Timothy - Really thanks for your support mate!! Cheers!!

Brad - Thanks mate for your words and support. Glad that you liked the second concept. Cheers!!

Linda - Thanks my friend !!

Mark - Really thanks my friend. You are totally right, for know I dont know what concept should choose, and I want to explore more ideas... hahahaha. Thanks again for your support my friend!! :D Cheers!!

Nadeem - Thanks for your words mate!!

Theresa - Thanks for your comment. You are totally right about the foregraound issue and for the steam design. Yep, need to lower the technology on the eagle . Again thanks for your words!

Jack - Thanks my friend. No problem, always is useful a centered opinion. You are right about a different approach for the second idea. Thanks again for the comment. Cheers!

Remko - Thanks my friend !! You are right about steam technology for the mouse :D One big tequila for you my friend. Cheers!!

Simon - Thanks friend. Glad that you lijed. You are totally right, I need to put more steam technology for the concepts.

Nicolas - Thanks mate!!

Selina - Thanks for your words, I really appreciate it !!

Axel - Thanks my friend :D Yes, maybe the aztec concept fit more on the idea of the challenge. I need to work a bit more in a whole concept .... I hope.... hahahahah. Thanks again for your support my friend! Cheers!

David (Balfs21) - Thanks mate for your support! Yes, I want something aztec for the challenge

Tony - Thanks mate for your words and glad that you liked the concept !! Cheers!!

Yusuf - Really thanks for your words!!

Johan - Thanks mate!! You are right, is a nice idea that the engines can tilt, thanks !

Donglu - Thanks my friend for your comment. You are rigth and I´m taking note on your comment. Really thanks for your support !

Ferx
11-21-2008, 06:38 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1227249487_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1227249487_large.jpg)

Exploring some other ideas for the final concept :D

This is Tezcatlipoca - The major God of the aztecs. Tezcatlipoca means " The black mirror that smokes". For the aztecs he is the god of war and the warriors, lord of the sky and the earth. He has a twin brother, Quetzalcoat.

In this idea I try a steampowered armor for Tezcatlipoca. I want to explore the concept for a battle between Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoat :D

SteevieWoo
11-21-2008, 06:52 AM
Really good buddy! I was thinking about the smoking mirror thing, maybe you could use the pipes on his back to surround him in dark smoke or steam when you integrate him in the picture, like a cloak device he uses in the battle. I don't know.

Boy, is it cold here, let's have a tequila to get a little warmer:beer:

Cheers Fer...

Elendil_le_Grand
11-21-2008, 07:04 AM
Yep yep good concept ;)

Raerk
11-21-2008, 08:40 AM
good concept! i love the idea for the helmet :)

Lemog
11-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Agree with other guys... the concept is also good for the originality and the design... I'm really curious to see the next progress :wip:

varma
11-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Hola Fernando!
That's a great concept sketch with lots of attitude, though I can't pronounce his name
correctly! I still can't imagine how you (2d) guys manage to blockout the 3d form so
precisely, and of course the specular highlights and all! Really amazing!
Are you going to drop the iron eagle idea totally? I really liked that concept! But of course
you can finish it anytime of your shoosing!
Keep rocking Amigo!
:thumbsup:

soapy
11-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Kool! I am loving that warrior god. The Aztec styling and theme add so much to this project, great idea to go that way.

oneandonlyDiscoStu
11-21-2008, 10:42 PM
hey there nice concept!

i really like it so far. the only thing that stands out is the feet being a tad too long.
i guess it could get really interesting because you have hardsurface, organics, cloth and feathers :D keep up the great work

AxelAlonso
11-22-2008, 03:22 AM
uuh! battle of Gods! I like that! and I am very glad to see you coming with the aztec influence represent best our roots man! :applause:

mdavid
11-22-2008, 04:55 AM
Looks great! The little details (eg: claws on his feet, the cat's head on his head) make a world of difference. Keep up the great work, buddy

daWinky
11-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Hey Fernando,

wow, your sketches are very good, they make me curious and I want to see more:thumbsup: . I like the idea of some Aztec mythology here, I have only little knowledge of this, so it would be great to learn something new and there seem to be a lot of potential for a great scene. Looking forward to follow your progress!

Nice weekend for you,

-sabrina

silenceimpaired
11-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Your art is coming along nice as ever! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Neubius
11-24-2008, 02:54 PM
looking good! :D

can't wait for updates
A

JackZhang
11-24-2008, 03:09 PM
so changing from environment to character?

calisto-lynn
11-24-2008, 03:19 PM
wow im away for a week and there is a whole lot of sketches. beautifull work i cant wait to see you put it in the final composition!!

nwiz25
11-24-2008, 03:29 PM
bro .. you way faster than me :eek:
i really really wish i could paint color schemes quickly .. :banghead:
i'm very curious about the entire scene! good luck bro! :thumbsup:

ChrisNoeth
11-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Thx for dropping by and commenting on my entry!

I will watch your thread and I am curious how you will develop your character!

Best wishes,

Chris

Micro26
11-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Interesting mixture of aztec culture and steampunk...
I lookforward to see more updates.
Cool sketch:thumbsup:

Solais
11-26-2008, 04:47 AM
I really like the direction you're taking these designs. I do think that your Tezcatlipoca looks very human and not very godlike. If that's what you're going for, thats fine, but i think he would look better with more impressive heroic proportions. Anyway, great stream of ideas going, can't wait to see your next piece!

Ferx
11-26-2008, 05:50 AM
Gabriel - Thanks my friend! Your idea for a smoke cloack device sounds cool, I need to give a try. Thanks again! Cheers!! :beer: ( And finally you are first.... hahahahahah)

Nicolas - Really thanks mate !

Raphael - Thanks for your words!

Laurent - Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your words! :D

Mathias - Hey kompis. Glad that you liked the Tezcaltipoca concept my friend ( is easy to pronunciate, like Norwegian lenguage :D). I dont have my final idea, perhaps I make a mix with the eagle concept. Thanks again for your great support my friend!!

Soapy - Thanks friend for all of your support! Glad that you liked the aztec concept.

Liam - Thanks for your words. Yes, you are right about feets, thanks to point that.

Axel - Thanks my friend, I know that you going to like this concept :D

Mark - Thanks for your great support my friend, a great motivation !! :D

Sabrina - Thanks for your word nd really glad that you liked the sketches and the concepts! :)

Aaron - Thanks for dropping by, my friend, and for your words, I really appreciate it. :D

Alwayn - Thanks mate! More updates comming soon.

Jack - I´m only exploring some ideas. Perhaps i make a some aztec gods battle :D

Linda - Thanks for your words !!

Neville - Thanks a lot my dear magician :D You know me, I´m still exploring concepts and ideas, but is time to take a decision on my final concept. Again, thanks for your support my friend!

Chris - Really thanks mate !! Cheers!!

Fotis - Thanks mate, really glad that you liked the concept ! More updates comming

Wesley - Really thanks for your comment. You are totally right about a more impressive proportions for the god, thanks for point that.

Ferx
11-26-2008, 06:49 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1227682174_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1227682174_large.jpg)

My concept for Quetzalcoatl (The Feathered Serpent)He was the patron god of the Aztec priesthood, of learning and knowledge. In the aztec legend he and his brother Tezcatlipoca, created the word after defeating Cipactli, the earth monster (part crocodile and part fish. Cipactli was the source of the Earth which the gods created from her body.

I´m trying, like with Tezcatlipoca, a steam powered armor, in this case a sort of serpent flying armor, with a steam propeller motor device :D

Elendil_le_Grand
11-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Nice again ...
Like your drawing skill ;)

Raerk
11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
you flying serpent is very good! good idea :)

Lemog
11-26-2008, 10:50 AM
All is good for me... nice drawings... nice concept... unique style :thumbsup:

varma
11-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Man, you are full of brilliant Ideas and concepts, each of them worth a complete and
interesting scenery of brillinace! Your drawing sketches easily supress my 3d skills!
The only mexican words I know are "Quetzalcoatl" and "Chupacabra"! I read a lot of
fun stuff about these!
ps, are you using a tablet, or just a mouse?

Good luck amigo!

elmasfeo
11-26-2008, 06:43 PM
good start my friend! I think you had a good idea going for the aztec mythology...
how is the image going to be? I liked that helicopter-eagle sketch, but I don't see how these steam powered armors fit in there... maybe I missed something, hehe, you have a veeery long thread already :P
anyway, I'm sure this is gonna rock, I'll keep watching!

soapy
11-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Super cool design for Quetzalcoatl. This is really shaping up to be an interesting project. :-)

TheSoracle
11-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Quetzacoatl! Def. reminds me of final fantasy...8. :D looks like a dragoon or something. sweet drawing mate.

Rupy
11-28-2008, 01:49 AM
Hey Fernando,

Good to see you back, I love your last concepts, especially the dragon concept, will keep check on your progress, cheers and good luck!

musi
11-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi Fernando,

I love your flying serpent concept, really nice design. Specially the system under the arms of the man :)

Can't wait to see the full composition, my friend!

antone-m
11-28-2008, 08:56 AM
keep going amigo looking really cool so far :wip:

Ataulfo
11-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi dude,

This is becoming very interesting. :surprised I like the Quetzalcoatl concept. It would be amazing if you centre the image in the battle of Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca against the monster Cipactli. I think that this topic is very interesting.

Dale caña amigo, que vas a sacar algo grande!!!

Trousevil
11-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Omg I can't believe you did it first O_o I though about the same myth, but since you start it first I better cancel my one, sorry dude I didn't knew someone do it, you keep with Quetzalcoatl, I will find something different ^_^

mdavid
11-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Beautiful ideas and sketches there. I love it!

Ferx
11-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Nicolas - Thanks mate!!

Raphael - Thanks, glad that you liked the concept!

Laurent - Really thanks for your words, an extra motivation! Cheers!!

Mathias - Thanks my friend for your great support and encouragement! I worked the sketches with a tablet. (generaly if i not make on paper, I work a pencil sketch on ArtRage 2.5 , the pencil brush in that program is the best pencil brush in any digital painting program, real pencil feeling and texture. I like to work too with the Painter skratch pen tool for concept sketches, really cool) Cheers!! :beer:

Fernando - Hey tocayo!! :D No, you dont miss anything my friend, I´m exploring some ideas, but I dont take any decision yet... hahahaha. Thanks for your words my friend!! Cheers!! (con unas chelas bien helodias!!)

Sopay - Thanks my friend, glad that you liked!! :D

Steven - Thanks Mate !! Ahh Yea, on Final Fantsy series, Quetzalcoat (not exactly with this name) is a summon character :)

Rup - Thanks for your words!!

Sasha - Thanks my friend! Really glad that you liked the serpent concept. :D

Tony - Thanks for yor yur words! Cheers!

Iban - Thanks my friend. Yes, think my final concept can be on Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca fighting Cipactli, but need to work on the global composition for the concept. Thanks again my friend ! :D

Omer - No problem, I think in Quetzalcoat because I´m mexican and want to make a concept about of a legend of my country :D Thanks for dropping by

Mark - Really thanks for your encouragement my friend!! Cheers!! :beer:

MsZippy
11-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey thanks for checking out my entry! I've never done this challenge before and I hope I can finish it on time. I think all of your ideas about Aztec and Latin mythology are so interesting and I like your concept drawings alot, too. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

decosouza
11-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Very nice concept! I'll be waiting for updates. Good Luck!!

sasquatch70
11-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey Fernando,

Slow down your making me look bad!Lol
Keep the ideas coming. Quetzalcoatl is a great idea.
Brad

SteevieWoo
11-30-2008, 01:37 AM
oh Fer! long time no see! I went lost in the desert for weeks and my bootleg Iphone died in my hands so I couldn't visity your thread. also, it turned out to be just a calculator. Yeah I know, it is a perfect excuse, Thankyou, I spend extra time making it the more believable possible.

I love the the Quetzalcoatl 'boiler section' sketch, Really, no crap. there's somenting abut that design that gets me all exited about the way it will look in the final image, let's say it's not usual to see that kind of machine in the sky. To me, it makes all sense and it would fly. and I buying one when you star to produce them for the mass market. Now, really, I like it a lot, and thinking abot it, maybe the snake could be longer, so it really swirls across the sky in a magnificent godlike way that would get you down on your knees, hopefuly just praying. :D

maybe the 'fins' could be less anphibian and more like a succesion of metal sheets, like long feathers, so you can use that aspect of the myth. right now the look a bit too much like the short legs of an ajolote.

Sooo well...... I hope this helps you in some way, and I also hope your new post finds me with a conection at hand so this shameful situation doesn't repeat itself.

I bet that machine boils agave for fuel, I can smell it in the fumes.

See ya!

LiquorArt
12-02-2008, 02:59 AM
your lastest look so different from your first idea....ha ha

but i like all of them..............that s cool!

daWinky
12-04-2008, 05:41 AM
Hi Fernando,

the latest sketch of the feathered serpent looks already great in this early stage:thumbsup: ! Very nice style, I'd say perfect mix of myth and steampunk, so I'm more than curious to see your progress with this concept...

-sabrina

Ferx
12-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Kelley - Thanks for your words !! :D

André - Thanks mate, glad that you liked! :D

Brad - Thanks friend. I like a lot to explore many ideas for a concept :D

Gabriel - Thanks my friend. Like a lot all of your ideas for Quetzalcoatl, taking note on all of them, thanks! Cheers!! with the "agave" destilation ( commonly knowed like "tequila") :beer:

Mathawee - Really thanks ! :D

Sabrina - Thanks!! Really glad that you liked the Quetzalcoatl concept! :D

Ferx
12-04-2008, 06:49 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1228373384_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1228373384_large.jpg)

The concept for new steam powered armor for Tezcatlipoca - more like a steam robot warrior. Is based on a jaguar the "nahual" of Tezcatlipoca ( In the aztec mythology the "nahual" is the guardian spirit and ever is represented by an animal)

Elendil_le_Grand
12-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Nice sketch man i love it ;)

Lemog
12-04-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm ok with Elendil... this sketch is really good... nice design !

JaimeCoba
12-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Love your style and ideas Ferx!

Donglu-LittleFish
12-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi Ferx, I can see that you are having lot of fun sketching too! Very dynamic posing/design sets, they rock! :)

mdavid
12-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Beautiful sketches - you've gone totally steampunk while keeping the feline grace and poise and power intact. These have been really well thought-out. Great work buddy

soapy
12-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Nice work, that Tezcatlipoca sketch is kool! These designs would lend themselves to 3d really well.

mrpeace
12-05-2008, 04:13 AM
Good job...looking forward to see this come through.:thumbsup:

AxelAlonso
12-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Ja ja ja! ( spanish laughing :) ) So you are going crazy like a mad man with this legends! I love that! :thumbsup: means the world you are creating will be solid and well thought, Yup! :arteest: on every detail, like you always love your projects to be..... :rolleyes: Alright I am excused to be out of the scene coz I travel to celebrate myself! :bounce: SOOo I know it´s your time now! And The designs for each god are representing well enough each important meaning of them, although the latest ( Tezcatlipoca) It´s Fantastic, looks a bit overwhelming compared to Quetzalcotl, ( I like it) but need´s more scale! maybe what Gabriel suggested will work at your advantage my friend! So far I love the steam coming out of them...I mean it´s the must have in here, and you are showing it with lot´s of class! :thumbsup: So keep going and try out, If you can, to make a modeling sheet with the 3 characters together (just 1 view per each) so you see them in one scene and watch their contrasting value on each, I think this will help you take decisions on what you really like on separated and what doesn't work all together!

Well Keep Moving on! :arteest: The race it´s on! my friend!

Ataulfo
12-05-2008, 04:50 PM
that concepts are great. :thumbsup: Very dinamic.
Cant wait o see your final composition.

keep it up
Cheers mate

vichar
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
very inspiring design .

angel
12-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Love that steam Jaguar, really cool concept. :thumbsup:

Necronomiden
12-05-2008, 11:33 PM
hey fernando, increibles conceptos hisiste... nada constructivo que decir por el momento :) creo que eres el unico que esta haciendo su imagen con tal savor original mexicano :P espero ponerle el mismo savor a mi dios mitologico griego lol!

espero ver mas imagenes pronto, es hora de empesar a trabajar en mi entry.

saludos!

-sergio

Ferx
12-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Nicolas - Really thanks mate!! :D

Laurent - Thanks, glad that you liked the design :D

Jaime - Gracias amigo, es bueno ver a alguien de Ecuador dándole a la onda de la pintada digital :D

Donglu - Really thanks for your words and encouragement!! :D

Mark - Thanks buddy!! Your encouragement is a extra motivation for me, really thanks! Cheers!! :beer:

Soapy - Thanks friend!! Glad that you liked the design, perhaps in a future ( a far future ... hahahaha) I will make this design in 3D :D

Sachithra - Thanks mate!!

Axel - Thanks my friend!! Hey, where are you been? I missed you my friend. Thanks for your great comment and great ideas! Cheers!! :beer:

Iban - Gracias amigo!! Hope to work soon on the composition matter :D

Vichar - Really thanks mate!!

Angel - Thanks !! Glad that you liked the concept and design :D

Sergio - Qué onda? Me alegro que ya estés dentro del challenge, y listo para ver tus primeras ideas y tus super modelos. Salú !! :beer:

Ferx
12-06-2008, 07:37 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1228549028_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1228549028_large.jpg)

Starting the composition research for the concept with a very rough speedpaintings :D

Elendil_le_Grand
12-06-2008, 11:01 AM
I think the second is better ;)

mdavid
12-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Whoah! Nice to see some comps appearing. Yep, I'd agree that the second is working best. I'd be tempted to move a little closer to the action too

Trousevil
12-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Going good, looks better than what I tried to do :) Keep up !

varma
12-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Morning Fernando!
I also vote for the second one! Great dynamic poses and very cool action scene!
You color scheme is really amazing, as always!
Shake that mouse, baby!
;)

Ferx
12-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Nicolas - Thanks for you support mate :D Yep, I think the same. Cheers!! :beer:

Mark - Thanks buddy! Yes, you are right, I need to try a closer composition over the characters.Thanks for the comment. Cheers!! :beer:

Omer - Really thanks for your words, I really appreciate it :)

Mathias - Thanks kompis for your encouragement!! :D Ok, I have 3 votes for the second one, but I will try some differents compositions :D Cheers!! :beer:

Ferx
12-07-2008, 09:34 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1228642469_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1228642469_large.jpg)

The third composition study :D A varition over the second composition.

paratrooper
12-07-2008, 10:49 AM
cool. getting there.
can't wait to see your final.

ps/Thanks for cheering me.

Comlock
12-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Looking good! :applause:

You're last one is my favourite composition of them all!

might be cool if you raised the "snake" a bit higher above the panther.
Should make things look more interesting if you look at it in an abstract way.
Gives more contrast.

How about making the "snake" even longer? Like having his body surrounding the landscape.
That you can see it traveling far away in the distance and maybe having some parts infront of the camera as well... Might be cool to play around with. It could add some quite intresting depths to the image I think.

Good luck :wip:

Ataulfo
12-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Ei Fernando. Nice compositions. :thumbsup:
I prefer the second one globally, but i like the pose of the snake in your first compo sketch. There, it looks like the moment just before to attack. Also in your second sketch, the panther was jumping in the air, witch is more dinamic in my opinion.
Anyway it looks great.
Cheers!! :beer:

Rupy
12-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Looking good Fernando,

love the direction your taking, love the composition, maybe the foot of the cat is a bit long or big, i think. I know its a hard angle thats for sure. Its looking good though, keep posting!

cheers

Rupy

soapy
12-08-2008, 03:31 AM
Great sketches. I like the third the best. You might bring the action back a bit to center. But really all of these could work, you know what is best. Go with your gut. Btw, I like the colour scheme a lot too.

daWinky
12-08-2008, 05:44 AM
Hey Fernando,

really hard to decide here, but I also vote for the second sketch - I already imagine the dramatic scene:thumbsup: ...

nice day for you,

-sabrina

MartinNielsen
12-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Nice sketches. But I think you should settle for something soon :) Time is short.

silenceimpaired
12-10-2008, 04:22 PM
...so which image gets to become the most awesome ever? I personally like the last one, though the creatures look a tad less steam punk and a little more mech like.

Elendil_le_Grand
12-10-2008, 06:46 PM
This last composition is probably better maybe if you put the camera a little near the ground, it will be better ;)

W-I-L
12-10-2008, 09:42 PM
second one..... looking epic mate... nice idea

SteevieWoo
12-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Dude,go with the last one.... oh heck, late again, everybody's saying that already.

As I told you before you just do what you want but keep the sun/moon thing on it. it works for composition, it works for neat lighting and it works for symbolism too, I love that part.
Oh, and I hope you still have in mind the smoke for the jaguar I told you about before, maybe around his feet or something like a soft fog effect.
Well, I just wanna see what's coming next, that time when you really start rocking the house is coming... I feel it.

Hey! let me bother you with something while we are at it. :D the Jaguar's tail looks too straight, it could wave around a bit, I think.

Have fun Fer! I know some other things got you busy lately, but you can handle the pressure buddy, so keep it going!!:thumbsup:

antone-m
12-11-2008, 08:03 PM
whatever compostion u choose mate am with ......keep going :bowdown:

varma
12-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Hola Fernando!
I'm glad you decided to include those Aztec/Mayan pyramids in the background! It puts
a more historical format to the scene! About the comp and the positure, I'm guessing you
will be the best person to decide that, in the end!
Keep painting Amigo, we're all watching your progress with great joy!
:wavey:

angel
12-12-2008, 02:47 AM
I think that the composition that works the best is the last one you sketched out, its more balanced than the rest. :cool:

Coldrum
12-12-2008, 02:54 AM
A serpent with rotors!!! thats awesome!

Ferx
12-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Cheoljoo - Thanks mate for your words!!

Arthur - Really thanks for your comment my friend. You are totally right in all of your points, I´m taking note on all of them. Again , really thanks for the suggestions! Cheers!! :D

Iban - Thanks my friend. Yes, I need a bit more dynamic poses for the characters, thanks for the suggestions ! :D

Rupy - Thanks for your words and encouragement, I really appreciate it! I´m taking not about the leg issue, thanks for point that :)

Sopay - Really thanks my friend, really glad that you liked the color scheme :D

Sabrina - Thanks my friend for all of your support and encouragement ! :D

Martin - You are totally right, but I having great fun making composition sketches... ok, ok, time to put my ideas down and work seriously.... hahahahaha... impossible :D

Aaron - Thanks my friend!! You are right, I need to put more steampunk style on the designs :D

Nicolas - Really thanks for your support my friend. Yes, a better and more dramayic perspective if I put low the camera, goos point, thanks!! :D

William - Really thanks mate for your words!

Gabriel - hey bro! Really thanks for your comment . Maybe I change all of the idea and composition, but the concept of the moon and sun in the sky at the same time will be in all the ideas. You are right, the tail of the jaguar is too much straight. An agresive gesture of the cats are the straightened tail, but think I need a bit lesser straight tail, like you suggest. Cheers!! :beer:
Tony - Really thanks buddy!!

Mathias - Really thanks my friend ! Yes, I think to add more aztec concepts on the image, more a steam - aztec concept, with the style of aztec designs. Know I´m out of the idea of the steampunk (victorian style), but think that can work better with my idea... I hope :D

Angel - Thanks for your words, glad that you liked the last concept

Jermy - Thanks mate !

Ferx
12-12-2008, 05:51 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1229061074_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1229061074_large.jpg)

Having a great fun with the composition sketches :D This is a new one. I follow Arthur(Comlock)suggestion, and puting part of the serpent more near the camera and around the jaguar.

daWinky
12-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Hey Fernando,
Having a great fun with the composition sketches Yes, we can clearly see this!:D And what can I say, this last one is better again:thumbsup: ...of course there's no limit for other sketches (and I love to watch the developement here!), but I'm more than curious now to see your final choice and this sketch is really a great starting point for your scene!

-sabrina

chilombiano
12-12-2008, 12:18 PM
hey fernando. gracias por tu ultimo feedback.

Nice latest concept!. I see you have been playing around with the comp. I have a suggestion but taking in account is the concept stage it may be out of place. i was thinking you may add a bit of weight to left side maybe some bigger negative space at left bottom or maybe increase the scale of perspective (?) scaling up the snake areas closer to camera..i guess im still thinking in 3d after coming from the office. don't listen to me.

Lemog
12-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Sincerly now, that works very well... all parts are really present in the action... all is well visible, the composition is very good for me...

...very nice framing :beer:

warpv
12-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Those are some real nice concept sketches! I think the composition keeps getting better, but at some point you're gonna have to pick one and start working on it! ;) I really like the Aztec-Steampunk background you're are gonna have also, nice stuff!

soapy
12-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Nice sketch, that one is another goodie!

It is great to hear you are having fun, that is what these contests should be all about. I myself try not to get too serious either. ;-)

elmasfeo
12-12-2008, 05:40 PM
hey Fer!
your last sketch is great! maybe you could add a bit more space to the right or a bit less to the left, I think it could be a good composition if the line that goes from one head to the other moves a bit closer to the center of the image, that should be one of the focal points of the image IMHO... daWinky idea is good too, that could also move the viewer's eye towards the heads... I don't know...
wow, your sketches look very good with all those colors :D the sky is perfect with those clouds, and those 2 heads in the corners are a good idea I think

pritch
12-12-2008, 05:45 PM
I like this latest composition Ferx. Very dynamic in every regard. And thanks for the comments on my entry. :beer:

LORDvesalius
12-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi Fer!
Yeah, i agree, the last composition rocks... i think it's by far the best.
Is a lot more dramatic and apocalyptic.
Keep it up!
And

AxelAlonso
12-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Hola Fer! huy! huy huy! Jaja! :D I love the new composition the action it´s all over the place and the good details of each character as well! I like the light design you are going for as well! Like I said! love it! :love: ....A true inspirational legend battle scene! :wip:

Now my suggestions coz I love to add more jaja! now why not take it to higher grounds this battle like to see a bit altitude since you need the structure of gods! will be interesting to see that element on the grounds! I kinda of imagine it, having the battle scene while they were betewn sky and the highest temple, since after all that why they were high to reach the Gods! :bowdown: So think about it it´s less crowded and more depth to your advantage! :lightbulb

Hugs for you my friend! :beer: and hot sake! jajaja! whut? it´s good!

Elendil_le_Grand
12-16-2008, 09:06 AM
The last sketch is really nice ;)

Keep it up ...

varma
12-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi Fernando!
The new comp is very good and I like the poses very much! Especially the use of lights
in this scene is dramatic and contradicting!
You definitely know how to create magic!
Looking forward to seeing the new updates!
Good luck, my friend!

Ataulfo
12-18-2008, 04:05 AM
Hi dude,

This one looks great. :thumbsup: I like a lot the color palette.
I think that it would be more dinamic if the tiger have one of his leg up, like if he was going to attack.
keep it up. Waiting for more updates.
cheers mate:beer:

Ferx
12-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Sabrina- Thanks friend for all of your support and encouragement :D

Daniel - Thanks for your comment, really useful. Think you are totally right and I'm taking note on your suggestions. Again thanks for the feedback. Cheers!! :D

Laurent - Thanks my friend! really glad that you liked :D

Christopher - Thanks mate! Yes, I need to choose one final concept

Soapy - Thanks my friend. Yes, totally agree with you! :D

Fernando - Gracias tocayo. Yep you are right, I will work a bit more on the final composition :D Glad that you liked the sky concept. Cheers!! (obviamente con unas cervatanas bien helodias )

Chris - Really thanks for your words mate!

Pablo - Thanks mate, glad that you liked the last composition, thanks for your encouragement

Axel - Que onda !! donde andas tu :D Thanks Axel, you have a great suggestion, I give a try to your idea for sure, thanks my friend!! Cheers ( with sake!! )

Nicolas - Thanks my friend, glad that you liked! :D

Mathias - Hey kompis ! Thanks my friend!! Your encouragement is a great motivation for me, really thanks for that! Cheers!! :beer:

Iban - Thanks friend!! Agree with you, is a cool suggestion, thanks for point on it. Cheers!! :D

Ferx
12-18-2008, 07:50 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1229586632_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15789/15789_1229586632_large.jpg)

A test for a more wide canvas with the last composition :D

varma
12-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Looking very good Fernando! I'm very impressed how you can change the painting so
fast and still draw all the lines and primary shadings! Really fascinating!
I hope you settle for a comp of your liking soon, as the time is almost running out and
I'm way too anxious to see your magic detailing the concept!
Cheers!

soapy
12-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Yup, wide looks good, paint it!

Lemog
12-18-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm always more interested by original framing... this one agree me more of course... I vote for this one :beer:

AxelAlonso
12-20-2008, 04:57 AM
This it´s coming along way cool! love this wider canvas! :thumbsup: The details pop best! :D ...Paint Paint paint! :arteest: I am sure your are having fun my friend!

Sakeeeeeee :beer: ( no sakese he?) jaja!

Ando como loco! pero eso ya es normal creo? :curious:

wildcory1
12-20-2008, 05:46 AM
Your concept is coming along nicely.I love the colors. keep up the good work.

nwiz25
12-20-2008, 05:08 PM
heyy bro!! :bounce: me sure missed a lot this time :eek: lots n lots of work back here :(
waiting to see your final image :p all the best fernando!! :thumbsup: god bless ya!

daWinky
12-22-2008, 04:57 AM
The test with the wide canvas is great, and it seems your settled now with this last composition...so there's only one thing to say: Go Fernando, go, go go!:bounce:

-sabrina

Elendil_le_Grand
12-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Yep i vote also for this framing ;)

mdavid
12-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Wide is good! :)

Gunilla
12-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Oh, lot's of updates since my last visit - and they all look good.
Yep, I agree about the wide framing, it works really well. However I preferred the previous mirrored version with the sepent on the right.
Nice work with this concept. I've almost got over that you left the tooth mouse idea. Almost :)

Necronomiden
12-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Fernando! this image is looking epic! love the contrast on the sky

perdona por hablar en ingles :D se siente raro hablar en otro idioma con un compatriota :banghead:

guterrez
12-24-2008, 09:11 AM
hey Ferx, just wanted to say hello
seems you`ve put a lot effort into your sketch work
your last canvas test looks good to me, but the main actors are a bit out of focus
if you want your creatures to look really huge it`s always a good trick to add something to compare for the viewer like humans, trees, cars,...
the idea with the tail coming to the foreground is good, makes the scene more dynamic, but you could do this in a more extreme way, the last segments of the tail closer to the viewer so it`s already blured
hope to see this finished!!!
all the best,
Mathias

Elendil_le_Grand
01-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Like the composition and the updates.

Keep it up my friend ;)

Ataulfo
01-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi dude,
It looks better with this canvas view. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keep it up:buttrock:

daWinky
01-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Hey Fernando!

How about some updates? I hope you've eagerly painted all the time and just showed us nothing:D ...

-sabrina

DougFerreira
01-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi Fernando! I remenber you from Strange Behaviour!This piece is looking nice,what I like the most is the composition and perspective! The wide canvas test enhanced that for me,I will visit this thread to folow the development! Best of luck for you!

Ferx
01-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Hey my friends!

I´m very sorry to no finish this challenge :surprised and for be late on answer your great comments.

I want to thank you all the fantastic support and encouragement that you gave me during this challenge. For me the best experience in this challenges is to share the same passion and the atmosphere of camaraderie.

I would like to especially thanks to: Mathias(Varma), Mark David, Neville, Sabrina, Donglu, Iban, Gunilla, Jack, Jimmy (Soapy) Gabriel, Axel, Martin Nielsen, Sasha, Nicolas Boyer, Laurent Lemog, Remko, Eric Scala, Mathias (Guterrez), Gonzalo Golpe, Fernando García (El mas feo), Daniel Bayona, Aaron Gerber, Tiziano, Linda, Simon, Angel, Sergio Lopez, Nubian, Arthur Gil, Saif, David Revog, David Balfour, Sergio García, Ricardo, Blaz, Bernardo, Irawan, Raphael Bernabé, Wen-Jr, Victor Santos, Alex Rincón, Kolor Guild, Balasa, Brad Staley, Nadeem, Theresa Ryan, Selina Moore, Tony (TheBest), Yusuf, NR 43, Liam Hunter, Alwyn Talbot, Calisto, Chris Noeth, Fotis Tsantilas, Solais, Steven Ritchie, Rupy, Omer Mert, Kelley, Decosouza, Liquor_Art, Jaime Coba, MRpeace, Vichar, Paratrooper, W-I-L, Jeremy Love, Christopher Snow, Pritch, Pablo Gentile, Wild Cory, Doug Ferreira and to all that visited my thread, really thanks for your great comments, help, support and encouragement :D

OK, time for the tequila!! yeaaaaaa!! Cheers!!

I see you in the next challenge , if not before ! :D

cabertevon
01-28-2009, 06:18 AM
Hey, that's bad news Ferx.

You had an impressive start.

My heart goes with you for not finishing.

Best of Luck!

Lemog
01-28-2009, 07:06 AM
mmmh... I just hope you decide anyway to finish the image after the challenge... any chance ?

Good continuation mate :beer:

varma
01-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Hola Fer!
No worries brother, you will finish it in your own time and I'm sure it's gonna be spectacular!
And please, save some quality time to work on the Eagle scene as well, that's my favorite!
You are a great sketch artist!
Until next time!

warpv
01-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah, sorry to hear you were another casualty of this challenge! ;) I also hope to see it someday in your gallery! Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2009, 02:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.