PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: neville dsouza

nwiz25
11-11-2008, 01:25 PM
neville dsouza is entered in the "Steampunk Myths and Legends" update: View Challenge Page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/steampunk/view_entries.php?challenger=15716)

Latest Update: Work In Progress: 20-scenebuildup
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1232294640_medium.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=5626319#post5626319)

Ivy00
11-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi Neville :) good luck , glad to see you here again

MartinNielsen
11-11-2008, 06:11 PM
This one looks VERY familiar. Welcome back again, ace :)

Jassar
11-11-2008, 06:17 PM
woohoo! I think your gunna be a bomb in this one :) , can't wait to see what's coming from you.
Cheers!

Ferx
11-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey Neville,

Cool to see you in this new challenge my friend !! and waiting for your first WIP.
Good luck !!

Thaldir
11-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey, Bro! :)

I'll be sure to follow your thread, very, very curious about what you're planning for us...:beer:
Have fun, and good luck to you my friend.

nwiz25
11-11-2008, 08:17 PM
:love: Ivy00 | MartinNielsen | Jassar | Ferx | Tiz :love:

i think i wanna have a good cry now :cry: missed you all a lot! i know that we can still be in touch .. but it's something very genuine and exciting when we meet up for a new challenge .. it brings us all together as one big family! :bounce:

you guys rock! :buttrock:
i wish you all the very best for this challenge! :thumbsup:

and as for a concept :p

i've always been ( n still am ) fascinated with the legendary unicorn! ... as i was going through the inspiration section .. i visited this reference link as provided ..

http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/index.html

and found something very very interesting! :D

http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Tr-Wa/Unicorn.html

finally ... i came across this passage :

"Although unicorns were thought to be fierce fighters, they were also symbols of purity. Perhaps this was because the ancient Greeks and Romans had associated them with virgin goddesses such as Artemis, whose chariot was said to be drawn by eight unicorns."

this certainly is gonna be very tricky and tough as well! but surely something to go for ..
let's see how it turns out ...

cheers everyone!! :beer:

angel
11-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Hi Neville, that would make for a really cool image indeed. Good luck!

Rupy
11-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Best of luck Neville,

I've seen your past work on the cg challenges, will love to see what you come up with this time. Cheers

Rupy

Steampunk (illustration) (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=278&t=694324)

MichaelZHsee
11-11-2008, 11:12 PM
its great to see you here mate,im sure to hang around here to check out your entry from time to time:)very much like to see how you illustrate that idea of yours.best of luck my friend

Cyberone
11-12-2008, 02:40 AM
hey good to see ya back here again :)

ill be dropping by :)

get to it!!

AndreiSzasz
11-12-2008, 05:50 AM
hey Neville, glad to see you've joined the challenge.
Best luck mate ! :buttrock:

AxelAlonso
11-12-2008, 07:44 AM
GO Neville! :wip: haha ! so glad we get to see more work and share a wonderful fun time with friends like you ! I will be on my sit getting ready for your awesome show! :D

gpepper
11-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Mister 2D3 !
Nice to see you here Neville !

Donglu-LittleFish
11-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Ah Neville! So long I didn't see you around! We are going to have fun this time! :)

Neubius
11-12-2008, 02:35 PM
yay! it's you. howdy and good luck to you sir :)
A

Hideyoshi
11-12-2008, 06:58 PM
yo Neville, nice to see you here again! :) Cheers, all the best!

scala
11-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey Neville I 'm sure it's gonna be a rea pleasure Like usual . Good Luck my friend . :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

maykrender
11-12-2008, 08:54 PM
what a suprice! someone remember me ;) thanks, good luck mate!

Intervain
11-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Great to see ya Neville :) Will be a blast to follow the thread for sure!:buttrock: Best of luck :D

GonzaloGolpe
11-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Have a great time Neville

Namasté;)

OKMER
11-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Heeyyyy Nevilla el Vanilla!!!HAha, great to see you back again bro!!!
All the fun & good luck my friend!:bounce:

monsitj
11-13-2008, 03:08 AM
oh,yeah! glad to see you !
common show us your rendering skill 2d look like 3d!!
wait for image !:bounce::buttrock:

SteevieWoo
11-13-2008, 05:00 AM
Good Times buddy. I know youre gonna rock this one! Metal Skills!:arteest:

daWinky
11-13-2008, 05:07 AM
Hey Neville!

So you're ready for some fun:bounce: ?
Looking forward to see your ideas, good luck for you and have a great time!

-sabrina

RupertD
11-13-2008, 06:40 AM
Hey Neville

Great to see you back for some more fun sweat and tears... Good luck!

Gunilla
11-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Good to see you in, Neville! Now, lets' play!

guterrez
11-13-2008, 07:25 AM
hey Neville, great to see you here!
wish you all the best, this will be an epic event :D
cheers

Russel-Nash
11-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Hi Neville,

great you entered this challenge. Really looking forward to your entry.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Torsten

mmoir
11-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Hey Neville,

Missed the last couple of Challenges , nice to see you here again . Your last couple of challenge images where very well done. Great stuff. :thumbsup: Looking forward to what you do with the unicorn.

Cheers

DanLuVisiArt
11-13-2008, 07:32 PM
good luck! :) Hope to see some great work here!

mdavid
11-13-2008, 09:18 PM
If anyone can show us what a unicorn really looks like it's you, buddy! Bring it on. As always, it's great to see you in another challenge

sasquatch70
11-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Hey Neville,

Good to see you again. I'm glad everyone is back onboard. Great times ahead.
Brad

anandpg
11-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Hey Neville!! Wish you all the best!:thumbsup:

sylvexan
11-15-2008, 05:03 AM
Haailiooo Nevillee.....

Waiting for your Legandary Unicorn:scream:.

Best of Luck.......:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

nwiz25
11-16-2008, 08:01 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1226826085_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1226826085_large.jpg)

hello everyone!

here's my first concept sketch ... hopefully i'll stick to it ... .. as you can see .. i've selected the characters that i want to focus on .. artemis taking center position right in front of the unicorn followed by the Ceryenitian Hind (behind the unicorn..
also, though the hind is sacred .. i preferred to give a little more attention to the unicorn .. after searching and gathering a lot of reference images, i found that the unicorn was nowhere in sight, except for one such image, which i'll post pretty soon once everything is finalised) ..

so for this piece in particular, i thought to myself .. why not add an extra 'legendary' creature and make it more personal ...
and oh yes! ... right in front of artemis, sits a little fawn ( if i'm not mistaken .. ) i don't know whether i should keep her or not .. coz i wanted to add the wolf .. let me know what you think ;) ....

hope that's wasn't too much write up :| .. i promise to reply to everyone's post pretty soon .. i'm very happy to see we're back once again!!

missed you all a lot!

cheers everyone! n good luck!

nwiz25
11-16-2008, 10:03 AM
SNoWs | thanks a lot dude! .. for one thing .. i wondered whether the concept will change .. and it did :D .. good luck to you too!

Rupy | hey! thanks mate! are you in the challenge? ..

MichaelZHsee | sure great to see you too man! as mentioned earlier .. the concept did go through a change ( but still keeping the unicorn and artemis ) .. i guess creating seven more unicorns will require a great deal amount of time :( ... so i had to narrow it down to four .. let's see how it turns out ...
cheers bro!

Cyberone | hehehe .. yup yup .. the first sketch is ready .. i guess i'll stick to it .. it's be something i've tried before ...
i wish you all the luck mate! take care ..

AndreiSzasz | it's great to see you too dude! there are a lot of new artists this time
it's gonna be cooooool!

gpepper | hahahahaha :D y'know what .. i really like that name! always a pleasure to see you too mate! all the luck to you!

Donglu-LittleFish | weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! i couldn't agree more my dear friend! .. meeting new friends .. going crazy .. brushing up our skills ... deadlines ... it's very refreshing i must say ..

Neubius | yo bro! cheers n good luck to you too!

Hideyoshi | glad to see you too my friend! .. your sci-fi rendering skills are amazing! good luck to you too!

scala | eric!! i'm very thankful to have met you .. it was a real pleasure indeed! .. now it'll be even better! ... good luck to you too! :thumbsup:

maykrender | me will never forget the experience .. i wish you all the luck as well!

Intervain | hello magdalena! the feeling is mutual! ... me eagerly waiting to see you entry evolve! all the best to you too!

GonzaloGolpe | a warm Namaste to you too bro!! glad you joined the challenge! we're all gonna have a great time for sure!

OKMER | howdy brooooooooo! me just saw your latest update :eek: man you're fast! :O .. will pay a visit once again for a comment .. you rock bro!! cheers to you!

monsitj | hehe :p i sure hope i pull this one off .. getting into the steampunk of things is already a challenge in itself :O ... but fun the same time!
good luck mate!

SteevieWoo | yup yup .. good times bro! ... will never ever forget em! .... as for me .. this is gonna be just as tough as the earlier one .. i hope i get onto the details in time ... let's see how it works out ...

daWinky | hey sabrina! ready for some fun ... hell ya! me curious about your entry too :P i bet it's gonna be interesting! all the best to you dear!

RupertD | welcome aboard bro! i sure love the whole rat race feeling .. everybody struggling to finish their entry and lend a helping hand as well ... this is what it's about ... ;) .. good luck to you too!

Gunilla | you bet my friend! good to see you too!

guterrez | good lord!! am i glad to see you or what! .. me really looking forward to your work! god bless ya bro!

Russel-Nash | great seeing you here mate! ... me lookin forward to your entry too! ... it's time for some sleepless nights!

mmoir | hey mike! this is your golden chance to leap with this challenge! very glad you joined in! me really keepin my fingers crossed with the unicorn :eek:
good luck mate!

DanLuVisiArt | good luck to you as well mate! i'm very much curious about your 'beowulf and grendal' rendition .. it's gonna rock!

mdavid | Mark ma man!! this is one great family reunion! i don't think it'll ever be the same if you didn't climb on board ... but now ... you're here! let's get down to some serious painting mate! all the best!

sasquatch70 | i totally agree brad!! good times are here once again! rock on bro! n good luck! :thumbsup:

anandpg | very pleased to meet you anand! all the best to you too! have fun!

sylvexsan | saaantoss!!.. kidhar hai yede?? :cry: missin you ... waiting to see your sketch re! all the best to you too! :thumbsup:

musi
11-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi Neville, my dear friend! :wavey:

You are one of my favorites in these challenges, and can't wait to see you working!
Love the unicorn idea, though it's difficult to say on so early stage anything useful to you about the sketch...
But I am full of anticipation for the next one!!! :applause:

Good luck!!!

phoenix1
11-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi neville :)

Consider me as annoying gust here :D

Nice start man, wish you all the best :thumbsup:

nwiz25
11-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Musi | Alexandra!! :eek: wow! very happy to see you my friend! :bounce: reading your comment made me feel really good! thanks a million for droppin by! as for the concept, yup .. it's a start .. i still need to do a couple of more sketches on the mechanism n stuff ... otherwise, as usual, confusion gets the better of me :cry: this piece needs a lot of breakdown .. hope it works out ..
bless you my friend! :love:

phoenix1 | heyyy bro! annoying?? no ways!! it's a relief seeing my friends drop by :love: i definitely need them to come home n say hello :p

MartinNielsen
11-16-2008, 11:05 AM
You started :) Nice drawing.

nwiz25
11-16-2008, 12:20 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1226841653_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1226841653_large.jpg)

did a quick line sketch of the unicorn .. more like mechanized it :) .. i think once i start off with the shading process i'll be adding the 'elements' (gears, steam, dirt, handles, etc.) that will complete the beast totally .. but all that .. much later :(

plus i need to scout for a skeletal structure of a horse .. mainly for the joints :| ...

moving on folks :) ...

RicoD
11-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Hey Neville, nice concept! Good luck with the challenge and keep those updates coming!

Coldframe
11-16-2008, 03:03 PM
wo..i like the concept....keep going dude

Regards.

nwiz25
11-16-2008, 06:03 PM
MartinNielsen | thanks bro .. yup it's a start .. will have to think about a couple of variations for the other animals too .. as for artemis .. she's gonna take the cake! she has to be the main attraction .. coz the unicorn will be overpowering in terms of size .. tricky tricky!

RicoD | thanks a lot dude! will be uploading the next one pretty soon! ;)

ismailpegasus | thank you ismail! stay tuned for the next update! hope it works out ...

nwiz25
11-16-2008, 08:26 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1226870784_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1226870784_large.jpg)

i'm back with some extra linework for artemis .. i wanted her to have a very distinct look .. few steampunk elements will be added later ..

vmulligan
11-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Nice start, Neville. Best of luck with the contest :) .

MartinNielsen
11-16-2008, 10:31 PM
I guess you're looking forward to a lot of metal shading on that unicorn ;)

Niall
11-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Hi neville, nice concept you've got there, i think that you could add some chimney on the unicorn, well i guess thats just 2 coin from me ;), nice unicorn dude, good luck to you my friend

Rupy
11-17-2008, 03:01 AM
Hey Neville,

I guess you found my steampuck link, thanks for the comment, I love your concepts so far, especially horse concept, keep it up, I will be watching, Cheers!

Rupy

nwiz25
11-17-2008, 08:08 AM
vmulligan ~ thanks a lot dude! wishing you all the luck as well! :thumbsup:

MartinNielsen ~ hehehehehehe :D you bet bro! .. though i'm gonna get more pounded with amount of elements needed to complete the entire composition .. plus the time contraint :| ... keepin my fingers crossed :eek:

Niall ~ hey dude! thanks for droppin by :P yup yup .. me totally agree with ya with the chimney thing ... in fact ... there's gonna be plenty more of them ,, pretty soon you'll see it ;) .. virtually technically speaking .. they will open n close like gills .... releasing steam and then going back inside ...
thanks again mate! all the best to you as well! :thumbsup:

Rupy ~ glad to see ya dude! there's still more to come .. i've yet to decide on another creature to complete the composition .. let's see how it works out ;) cheers dude! :beer:

NinjaA55N
11-17-2008, 12:46 PM
yeeey! its rendering time again :D its so nice to see u in this challenge as well, and best of luck and creativity!

JackZhang
11-17-2008, 01:42 PM
first time I saw your work during the strange behavior challenge, I was stunned by your skills. I still am. No matter what subject you choose this time, or whatever result you get from the challenge, I know you will do well.

Best wishes.

Slav
11-17-2008, 03:20 PM
hey man, i know how much of a nightmare horses are but in the end i know they look element, and sophisticated. really sweet idea!

nwiz25
11-17-2008, 07:16 PM
NinjaA55N ~ great to see you here blaz!! :bounce: yup .. it's rendering time again! :D
all the best to you bro!! :thumbsup: take care!

JackZhang ~ very happy to see you bro! the best thing about these challenges is that everyone get's to meet up and have some fun.. which is the most important thing of all!
i wish you all the love n luck! :thumbsup: you rock mate!

Slav ~ yo dude! :buttrock: thanks a million for droppin by! .. yup .. i've always wanted to paint a legendary animal .. so, me decided first thing that a unicorn has to be there this time :D ... good luck to you dude! :thumbsup: have fun!

Ferx
11-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Hey Neville,

I really liked your idea and the approach to the concept, that can be great for sure, a totally magic show my dear friend :D And cant wait to see the great steampunk armor for artemis, sure a totally blast :D All the best! Cheers!! :beer:

OZ
11-18-2008, 11:35 AM
woooo hooooo the master is in the house!!! leTrOcK BAby!:buttrock:

bandro
11-19-2008, 05:32 AM
Long time no see my dear friend, knowing your work I can see already your sketch with your magic applied and its gonna be beatiful as always

veeroo18
11-21-2008, 04:04 PM
neviiiieee.. great concept yar .. hmmm new work .. good going .. waiting for update ! :p

AxelAlonso
11-22-2008, 12:21 AM
Great Idea Neville! Artemis itīs the great example of legend, beauty, and power! and having an unicorn there will be so inspirational! :love: Keep going! The image of the final work, itīs already taking form in my mind! And I am more than sure you will pass it, for so much more! ;)

alarihos
11-22-2008, 09:54 AM
hello neville I was expecting to see you in this one. Best of luck here man

nwiz25
11-22-2008, 05:01 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1227376890_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1227376890_large.jpg)

hey guys :)

been a while since my last update :(
progress is extremely slow, really busy with work and getting tired nowadays ..

anyways .. i've started with the shape blocks .. i always use the pen tool for this .. there are still lots n lots elements to be added, once i'm done with artemis .. it's the unicorn and then the others ...

i must say, the other entries are absolutely amazing!! gotta hand it to everyone! i wish you all the very best!

ryancoy
11-23-2008, 10:24 AM
nice character concepts you got there. keep it up man. looking forward for the updates.

nwiz25
11-23-2008, 10:49 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1227440977_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1227440977_large.jpg)

added more elements ...

nwiz25
11-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Ferx ~ thanks a million for droppin by buddy! :love: i'm surely gonna need all the encouragement to get me going .. lots of things to do :O

OZ ~ not the same without ya bro! :buttrock: great to see you here! :D

bandro ~ the feeling is mutual my friend!

veeroo18 ~ veeeerrruuuuuu!! :bounce: was wondering where were you :cry: :love: ( hey that rhymed! :D )

AxelAlonso ~ words that come from you help many of us ( including me :p) to pick up and move forward! very happy to see you bro!

alarihos ~ best wishes to you too buddy! thanks for droppin by!

ryancoy ~ thanks a lot dude! :p

musi
11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi Neville,

Those shapes are looking good :)

It may be the optical illusion because the hands are not there yet... Don't you think her arms are looking just a bit too thin and short?...

It's interesting to see how different people paint... You start from clear shapes - that's I remember from your other entries, specially the Uplift one. Others put colour splashes first...

Kooking forward for more, specially for unicorn :)

MartinNielsen
11-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Very nice :) And yes, Neville has a special workflow. I used to do something similar when doing 2d, but later I changed to a more traditional way of doing colortests first.

nwiz25
11-24-2008, 01:21 AM
a very good morning to you both! :love:

musi ~ thanks a million for your suggestion Alexandra! yup .. i'll surely fix the thickness issue .. plus i'll add the hand pretty soon ..
gosh! she looks like an amputated Manequin :blush: ..
i'm very happy you like her :p ... even i want to get to work with unicorn :cry: ..
good luck to you my dear! :thumbsup:

MartinNielsen ~ great to see you bro! :bounce: regarding the workflow .. somehow i just can't seem to get the coloring right on the first stage itself .. i somehow lose track of the entire flow .. :( .. thats why i block in the shapes first ( which is kinda a painful process .. ) :( .. but i've to manage it in any way possible :| ...
well .. back to work :p .. thanks for droppin by mate! :beer: bless ya!

Ataulfo
11-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Hi Neville,
Thats looking great.:thumbsup: Very clean, in your style. Cant wait to see that shadowed.
Good luck and keep it up.

iskanderMellakh
11-24-2008, 11:15 AM
looking good! i really liked the work you did on Uplift Universe so i am sure this will just as good.

Neubius
11-24-2008, 11:45 AM
i love how methodically you work. i wish i had your patiance!

great work man.
:)

gpepper
11-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Here is your so particular way of working !
It is going to be huge !

Ferx
11-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Hey Neville,

You are back my friend :D cool!!
Like always, magic updates on your thread! Love the artemis goggles design, and the artemis silhouette looks great! (she is really hot for sure :D) Cant wait to see more updates my friend!! Cheers!! :beer:

CrackleWax
11-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Hey Neville,

I'm here for the ride....

Gert

OZ
11-25-2008, 12:12 PM
AAAaaah things are taking shape!! Till the very early steps you style pop up strongly!
:scream:

Slav
11-25-2008, 12:20 PM
if i am silent just know that i never know what to say here. i just kick back and enjoy the ride.

Intervain
11-25-2008, 01:27 PM
if i am silent just know that i never know what to say here. i just kick back and enjoy the ride.

I'll just quote for agreement then :D
super stuff Neville!

stylize
11-25-2008, 01:39 PM
The shape and silhouette is forming, can't wait to see more of it. Keep posting:) cheers :thumbsup:

pkneeshaw
11-27-2008, 01:15 PM
I really like the way your building this up. It's looking nice but I have to say I think that back arm might be a bit out of proportion.

madshooter
11-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Hey dude nice concept:thumbsup:. All the best for this challenge.

guterrez
11-27-2008, 03:32 PM
really interesting idea my friend, only watching your unique progress is more interesting^^
great to see how you establish your forms and first details
keep on rockin!!!

decosouza
11-29-2008, 08:22 PM
You 've done a great work in the last challenge mate. I'm curious to see how you'll depict it this time. All the best and good luck!!!

Ataulfo
11-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi dude,

Your clean lines let fly the imagination and each one of us, see diferent things in those planar colors. Very curious to see how it will evolve.
I know that it will be great.:thumbsup: keep it up
Iban

nmcelmury
11-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice concept Neville! I'm sure it will turn out kick ass as usual :thumbsup: I'll keep an eye on this thread for sure.

nwiz25
11-30-2008, 07:39 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1228077557_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1228077557_large.jpg)

hello everyone!

i have to admit .. i'm very slow this time :( .. trying my level best to keep up .. looks like i'll be giving myself a hard time with all the details i have in mind with this piece .. ( which in fact, i REALLY want to do :) )

well .. onto the update .. little bit of the facial elements added, plus a whole lot of steampunky stuff (i hope)
added behind her .. there's still more to go .. plus, there have been some problems with the proportion of her arms .. i'll be fixing that pretty soon ..

i thank you all for your comments n suggestions! means a lot :) ... me promise to reply to everyone ..

cheers n good luck to all!

back to work :)

JackZhang
11-30-2008, 07:45 PM
mate. the style is totally different from what you had in the previous challenges. I like the neat look of it. you really have to speed up man. COZ I WANT TO SEE MORE!

:p

gedomenas
12-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Looking forward. Good luck.

phoenix1
12-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Man... you are going to hassle a lot of things in this piece :wip:

Keep going man and make use of every second you have in your spare time, i am sure you will end up with magnificent piece of art work here ;)

Cheers!

silenceimpaired
12-01-2008, 07:07 PM
I have been waiting on this post- for ages. I am curious, I may have missed it, will this be a gray scale, or colored drawing? I can't wait to see the end result.

Niall
12-02-2008, 12:32 PM
nice looking and sexy character you've got there buddy, anyway those are a very nice helmet and glasses, cant wait to see the final piece

Ferx
12-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Hey Neville,

Like the initial details on your image, the steampunk "tanks" on her back have a great design :D
Maybe you need to correct the perspective on the right lens of the goggles, to follow the head form, only a comment :)

And like a kid, Iīm waiting the next fantastic magic from your hat, my dear magician :D !! Cheers my friend!! :beer:

madshooter
12-05-2008, 09:59 AM
I almost forgot your thread dude:D.
Updates Updates:bounce::bounce:

mdavid
12-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Hey Neville, I've been missing out on your magic. Your progress so far is superb. I love the elegant forms your figures are already taking. You're amazing, buddy. Keep up the great work

ladydove7
12-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Thought I'd jump in and see how everyone else is doing! I'm glad to see a try at a greek god (or goddess in this case)! Artemis makes such a wonderful pilot. I love how you've worked in the theme of the falcon into her flight cap.

I know you've got a rather skimpy flight suit for her right now (unless I misunderstood your earlier sketches), but my mind keeps painting in some kind of fun leather suit with lots of zippers. Any plans to experiment more with her outfit?

Either way, great progress! She's one of my fave goddesses:)

alarihos
12-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey neville is this photoshop? It looks very tight. Artemis looks already beautiful....

My steampunk (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=278&t=695603)

kaparo
12-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi Neville,
Thanks for posting on my challenge entry!
This image is looking really great. Artemis looks perfect, very sexy.
I always use the pen tool myself too, I like it a lot. It's very useful to block areas smoothly that can be used as masks later on. I'm not even close to this stage yet, busy days.
Cheers! Can't wait to see more!

nwiz25
12-08-2008, 09:26 PM
wow!! :eek: :bounce:

Ataulfo | iskanderMellakh | Neubius | gpepper | Ferx | CrackleWax | OZ | Slav | Intervain | stylize | pkneeshaw | madshooter | guterrez | decosouza | nmcelmury | JackZhang | imperioli | phoenix1 | silenceimpaired | Niall | mdavid | ladydove7 | alarihos | kaparo

you guys are awesome!! :bowdown: i'm really trying my level best to complete this entry :( .. nowadays it's gets too tiring to even sit and watch tv! :eek: and then .. i'm fast asleep on the couch :hmm::blush: .. i'm just keepin my fingers crossed and yup .. "eyes open!" .. this has been my slowest progress ever :( ..

well .. back to the entry .. :)

i thank you all for your comments and encouragement! :love:

nwiz25
12-08-2008, 09:28 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1228775293_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1228775293_large.jpg)

as pkneeshaw & Ferx pointed out .. i've done a little fixing with the goggles and for the arm, i'll be adding more stuff like straps, gloves n all which will complete the look in a major way ;) .. i do hope to start off with the coloring stage at least with artemis and then move onto the unicorn followed by the other animals ..
i've also done a little bit of the background (nothin much but, just to get things moving .. )

Ataulfo
12-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi dude,

Nice progress. Its becoming amazing:thumbsup:
Cant wait to see colors lights and shadows there.
Keep it up.
:beer:

RupertD
12-11-2008, 05:09 AM
Looking very interesting here - a unique way of working; keep it up, its going to be great! ;)

Ferx
12-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey Neville,

Looking really cool!! Like a lot the Artemis pose and your inicial composition in a cross form :) really nice!! Cant wait to see more updates my dear friend! Cheers!! :beer:

angel
12-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi Neville, I can not wait to see when you start shading this :)
The only thing that I find a little odd is her right arm, it seems a little small, keep on rockn' man.

mdavid
12-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Looking excellent, Neville! It's always fascinating watching you work

nwiz25
12-15-2008, 12:04 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1229346272_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1229346272_large.jpg)

i decided to quickly start out with the color blocks and then proceed with the rest of the scene .. soon :|

anyways ... moving on ...

J-Knight
12-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Hello! I have followed this picture with great interest, just as I followed "The showstopper" (got that tutorial too! ;) I can't wait to see how it turns out. Have you though on the texture for the face? is the head-piece going to connect to the one on the back?

nwiz25
12-16-2008, 06:51 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1229457074_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1229457074_large.jpg)

more color blocks ..
and a little bit of shading ;)

angel
12-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Nice color palette Neville, I see that you are making some good progress. Your techniques remind me of my old airbrushing days. I do not miss cutting the Frisket film tho ;)

AxelAlonso
12-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I love the work done on her! itīs amazing how well you do each event Neville! :thumbsup: the long tunic itīs so barbaric and sexy! and the feathers add that legendary look! I like very much this idea! :arteest: :buttrock: Keep it up! and sorry for not been to supportive my friend, work is killing my free time! :wavey: Take care amigo!

MartinNielsen
12-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Good to see some progress from you :) Nothing to crit yet. There are no updates from me a the moment. Doing unwrapping... :wip:

Neubius
12-17-2008, 09:41 AM
your so maticulas! love watching your stuff develope man.
great.
A

Rupy
12-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Hey Neville,

looks like your your color blocking, looks like its going to be amazing, waitin to see more!

Rupy

Ferx
12-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey Neville,

Cool palette my friend, the copper and bronze colors can work really well with your image :D Cant wait to see your fantastic color render on your concept! Cheers!! :beer:

wildcory1
12-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Great concept. Keep up the good work

lightrig
12-20-2008, 06:06 AM
have a eye on ur there mate :buttrock: lets see some coll art work men best of luck for the challange :bounce:

nwiz25
12-20-2008, 04:12 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1229793145_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1229793145_large.jpg)

did a quick color block for the black unicorn ...
i'm still moving ahead .. wondering if i'm gonna finish this or not :( ..
let's see ...

Kerem
12-20-2008, 04:39 PM
beautiful concept - and your portfolio id great :buttrock:

AxelAlonso
12-20-2008, 09:58 PM
uuuh! pretty! :thumbsup: I like this unicorn , I am so imagining the cool work you are going to put! :wip: Hope you doing better than great ! :wise:

God Bless you to my friend! :D

Slav
12-20-2008, 10:47 PM
well this is progressing nicely. cant wait to see more. more updates. wips! :wip:

neurolinked
12-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi, I've also chosen deity Artemis for this challenge. I'm curious to see how you interpret this concept. ;) Good luck and good job !

Congratulations for your portfolio.

wildcory1
12-22-2008, 03:49 AM
Hello neville
Thanks for the feedback I agree the boy looks like he throws like a girl. Your concept is coming along nicely. Your portfolio rocks! Keep up the good work

Ataulfo
12-22-2008, 03:51 AM
Hi dude,

Great horse:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Youy are working very good this picture.The details are amazing and i like alot the colors. Only a sugestion: I think that it will be better if her skin looks like real skin.
Keep it up, my friend:beer:

nwiz25
12-22-2008, 07:35 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1229978118_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1229978118_large.jpg)

i finally started the shading process .. during which more elements will be added later on ..

the clock is ticking :O :O :O :O

Ferx
12-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey Neville,

Always be amazing to see how your shading and lighting process put a fantastic volume feel on your images, with and incredible textures. Love the blue mood on your background, really cool!! Cant wait to see more progress on your concept! Cheers my friend! :beer:

nwiz25
12-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Ataulfo ~ hey buddy! .. yep .. shading process goin on, will have to speed up though .. the unicorn is left as well :(

RupertD ~ thanks dude! .. but i'm really slow :( .. this time there are a lot of things on my shoulders and boy are they getting heavy! :cry: i really hope i finish this piece before it's too late :(

Ferx ~ always a pleasure to see you here buddy! little by little i'm trying to build up this piece .. i'm trying for a night shot with a bonfire as the main light source .. hope i pull it off .. thanks for being there mate! good luck to you!

SNoWs ~ thanks for visiting bro! me keeping in mind about the arm thing .. trying to balance it out and make it work .. lets see how it turns out :p bless ya bro!

mdavid ~ thanks a million dude!

J-Knight ~ hey there Fernando! i'm glad you liked the tutorial :) .. as for artemis .. yep .. will be working on those things pretty soon .. thanks for droppin by mate!

AxelAlonso ~ me really happy to see ya bro! :bounce: the same is on my side too :( .. there's just too much on my head these past couple of days .. getting tougher n tougher .. i honestly need a good break :(
on the other hand .. i'm trying my best to finish this concept and i'm really glad that you like the elements that i've used to give her that look .. now the shading process is underway ..

MartinNielsen ~ thanks for taking the time to comment my friend! means a lot!

Neubius ~ thanks buddy!

Rupy ~ thanks a lot dude! .. it's more like a mix up now .. color blocking n shading the same time :D

wildcory1 ~ me always ready and glad to help! thanks for visiting buddy!

lightrig ~ ashish bhai! kaise ho?? i just saw your latest work! :eek: pretty cool stuff man! will post a comment soon .. thanks for dropping by dude!

Kerem ~ thanks mate!

Slav ~ hehe :D more updates comin right up:wip:

neurolinked ~ hey Valerio! that's really cool! .. me curious to see your concept evolve as well! thanks for visiting my portfolio :p i wish you good luck! take care mate!

showkunz
12-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Terrific work!Beautifull girl.

MartinNielsen
12-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Wuhuuu!! Things begin to look very nice, when you start shading. But I actually think, you're closer to completion than I am :)

DougFerreira
12-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi Neville,

Your entry is very promising so far!,I remenber very well what you did on Strange behavior,are you planing to do a similar render on this piece??Best of luck for you!

mdavid
12-23-2008, 10:53 PM
I love watching your work progress, buddy. The precision and care you put into your work sets a wonderful standard. Looking at the fine airbrushed detail around the neck area I can only guess how great this will look finished. Sorry I can't offer any useful crits. Just keep going. Like Martin said, you've already made great progress

guterrez
12-24-2008, 07:59 AM
thought it`s tight on time to howl with the pack and motivate you to finish this^^
things start to look great, I love the little details you have already incorporated, especially her mask
as many people already mentioned it is a unique experience seeing your work grow, I am curious how you will handle the landscape in the background
one little crit: the front legs of the horse seem a bit short

I haven`t even started to paint yet, although I have some quite concrete picture in mind
hopefully I find some time now in January

wish you all the best!!!

lightrig
12-24-2008, 10:23 AM
bhai i am fine witing for some real kick ass wprk from u best of luck :bounce: :bounce:
personaly wanted join for the channlange just to try it out but got busy with the studio test project my eyes are on u do great work , myself will be udating the thred trying to perfect theskin shading and tring to get render times down love this job of rand d best of luck

nwiz25
12-24-2008, 12:47 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1230126476_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1230126476_large.jpg)

i think i can call this a major update ;) ... been really busy with her face; trying to get a distinct look :O .. although i still need get a nice crescent moon tatoo on her face ( those reference images helped a great deal! )

i'll move onto the next bits and come back to her face for alterations and elements ...

Womball
12-24-2008, 02:57 PM
I have to say this technique of using the pen tool is pretty sweet! My hands shakes so this should solve the problem of getting precise lines. Is the face masked off when you are shading it? The shading really is bring her some character, but she loses that really cool vector look. Her design is awesome too.

walrus
12-25-2008, 05:38 AM
Good to see another beautifully detailed entry by you, Neville. This is overall coming along nicely. Her face is striking me as a little odd - like it's an alien almost but not quite passing off as a human being. I think it's the eyes: They feel a bit too wide to be human, but as they're so well detailed, the effect is just a little creepy to me. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

But anyhow, good luck with the rest! :thumbsup:

nwiz25
12-25-2008, 08:38 AM
showkunz | thanks a lot dude!

MartinNielsen | hey bro! good to see ya! but no ways me close to completion ( wish i was though :cry: ) ... me still have a long way to go :( ...
other than that .. my friends n i still find time to gaze at the other entries (yours included ).. totally wow!

DougFerreira | great to see you here buddy! as for the strange behaviour challenge .. yep .. in a way .. some of the metal effects will be there .. but still with a little bit of difference ;)

mdavid | i'm very happy you dropped by bro ..as for my work .. one thing that is very difficult to break .. i get distracted very fast .. n that slows me down a lot :( .. but seeing all your work and the way it builds up helps me to go forward :bounce:
all the best mate! thanks for visiting!

guterrez | thanks a bunch for droppin by mate! .. i surely look into the front legs and modifiy it .. even i'm in a rush as well .. time flies by real fast! plus .. come to think of it .. can you imagine how fast this year is wrapping up :cry: hoping for the best for 2009 :beer:

lightrig | ashish bhai! yep .. kinda the same thing here as well .. everything is in a rush at the studio .. it's crazy!
i wish you all the best in everything that you do! :thumbsup: kya plan hai new year keliye? me toh was on leave and will be resuming work on 26th ..
take care re!

Womball | yo dude! :p we got something in common .. even i'm not steady at all when it comes to painting freely .. that's why i use the pen tool for masks .. smudge tool for blending and layer blend modes for mixing colors ..

walrus | very glad to see you here mike! i totally agree with you regarding the eye thing .. will get down to it and do the needful .. her features did bother me after i saw the image much later .. thanks a million for your suggestion dude! it's now time for some squish squash :D

AND HERE'S WISHING EACH N EVERY SOUL ON CGSOCIETY A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A BLESSED NEW YEAR!! :bounce:

jeromoo
12-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Wow, Neville, your patience with the pen technique never cease to amaze me. Sorry I've not been able to keep tabs on everyone's work on the challenge here. Don't have the time right now, but I wish you the best, my friend! :)

adib
12-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi,nice to see you once again, Very nice work as allways! best to you!

Deepam
12-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey neville!! :)

good to see your entry here . . . I am sure, this one is gonna be another showstopper :eek:

looking pretty nice and clean so far, I think you are planning this as some kind of artistic feeling rather then photorealistic image. :curious:

can't wait for updates . . .

gingerbreadman
12-25-2008, 05:50 PM
I like your style so I am waiting for final image impatiently. Good luck!

Kilduff
12-25-2008, 10:47 PM
hey nwiz25,

love your style, very clean. looking forward to seeing it when your all done.

Slav
12-26-2008, 01:55 AM
doood. that's sooo slick! awesome work on the eyes. i cant wait to see more!

Niall
12-26-2008, 02:25 AM
Hi Neville, a very nice eye you've got there, love it very much, and love the shading too.
good luck buddy

vivudude
12-26-2008, 05:15 PM
hey bro, thats something i wanted to c.. luv ur work as usual... also luv the colors... cant wait for u to finish this damn thing... all the best mate.. do well ... c u at work.. :p:D:beer:

gpepper
12-26-2008, 06:01 PM
OMG !
Wonderful girl !
Great job Neville !

nwiz25
12-27-2008, 09:22 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1230373332_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1230373332_large.jpg)

shading process with the other elements and yes .. some more facial paint work .. but most importantly .. made the changes on her right eye in terms of size and a little nudge to the left ..

all thanks to Mike (walrus) for the eye correction .. helped a lot! :P

plus pinched the tip of her nose a bit ( she had a pretty lumpy nose tip :O ) for which i'll be posting a comparison update later ;)

now back to work ...

cheers everyone!

nwiz25
12-27-2008, 09:27 AM
yikes! .. something is wrong with the thumbnail display :( ....

madshooter
12-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Beautiful. Great work Dude:thumbsup:

nwiz25
12-28-2008, 04:33 PM
jeromoo ~ i'm very happy to see you her bro! even i'm down with a lot of work as well :( trying my level best to keep pace ... hope all is well on your side .. do take care mate!

adib ~ thanks for visiting my friend! i'm sure your video entry is gonna rock the house! all the luck to you mate! :thumbsup:

Deepam ~ kaise ho dost? great to see you here! .. yup .. i'm aiming for that artistic look, hope i take this piece to the finishing line ...

gingerbreadman | Kilduff | Slav | Niall | gpepper | madshooter ~ i'm glad you all like her a lot! ... getting that look proved to be very tricky ... but, reading your comments ; i think i've reached home :p .. many thanks to you all :love:

vivudude ~ manku!! :love: :bounce: :applause: thanks for visiting man .. really happy to see you here :love: will see you at work too :) take care re!

lightrig
12-29-2008, 11:38 PM
coming out well love the orange just near the eyes gives a great feel love the smoothness and the grident u have achived in ur shading :love: u got to hrry up thoe times is ruuning out but i know u will make it

happy new year in advance men no plans as such stuk with creature taken it up as personal challnge want to make it cool not always u get to work on things like this , so as such i want to have it out kind of a first rough rendr with s simple ligh set up u know kind of a test light rig out by new year . good jobmate till now always loved ur style kep brushing ur way loved to see the finshed piece

filda
12-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Beautiful lady, I hope u ll finish in time cuz I believe it will be awesome image :thumbsup: I want to see more!

nwiz25
12-30-2008, 10:18 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1230679100_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1230679100_large.jpg)

proceeded with the black unicorn ...

nwiz25
01-01-2009, 12:30 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1230816617_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1230816617_large.jpg)

blurring reflections and yup .. more shading! :|

back to work now ....

nwiz25
01-04-2009, 11:53 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1231073614_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1231073614_large.jpg)

did some more on the unicorn .. plus the night sky as well .. there's something i've got to do with the stars to make it more meaningful .. let's see how it turns out ;)

have to move fast now :( ...

see ya later guys ...

mdavid
01-04-2009, 12:06 PM
The unicorn is looking fantastic. Great work, buddy

MartinNielsen
01-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Looking good my friend :thumbsup: You can finish this in style :)

kaparo
01-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi Neville,
This is looking even better everytime, her face is gorgeous and the dark unicorn is intriguing, Canīt wait to see more!
Have a happy new year!

nwiz25
01-07-2009, 04:11 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1231348256_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1231348256_large.jpg)

hello everyone! .. back with a new update ... yup ... i'm goin in for a good ol fashion night scene with a bonfire light source ... a lot of my friends told me not to add the fire since that will grab all the attention ..

> next up .. i'll change the specular shading of the unicorn to match the light source .. plus some more elements ...

> added grass .. trees .. wee bit of fog ... and ooops! .. the new lightsource! :D

> some more shading for the unicorn ... ( sigh .. still a lot to finish :( )

me will be back ... gonna take a break now ... i'm really tired :(

nwiz25
01-07-2009, 04:14 PM
forgot to mention another thing ... i'll soon break up the repetitive leaf distribution for the trees ;) ... though not too detailed .. i'm running out of time :(

nwiz25
01-07-2009, 04:28 PM
lightrig | thanks for the encouragement dost! :love: i really need it :( .. there's a lot to do here, i'm trying my best to finish this off ... how was your new year celebration? any resolutions?? keep in touch bhai! n take care!

Ramirezz | mdavid | MartinNielsen | thanks a lot buddies!

kaparo | hey bro! best new year wishes to you and your family! :love: i'm really glad you like the dark unicorn .. something different for a change .. me still have a long way to go :O
thanks for droppin by mate! good luck and god bless! :p

i totally forgot :(

wishing you all the very best for the new year!
:bounce:
:beer: cheers everyone! :beer:

OZ
01-07-2009, 08:33 PM
wooooooh! c'mooooon...time is slipping awaaaay..! u got so little time to finish!!! ggooooo!!!
U got another time a brilliant piece of artwork!!! SO PLEASE CLOSE IT IN TIME!!

Ataulfo
01-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Hi nevilleYou are doing a pretty nice job, dude. The colors are amazing.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: + :thumbsup:
:beer:

Ferx
01-08-2009, 03:58 AM
Hey Neville,

A long time, sorry to be late on your updates my dear friend :)

Love the face design on Artemis, really great and awesome shades :D The black unicorn is awesome, like a lot in that color, put a strong touch on your concept. The bacground and sky are beautiful with a really magic mood. Cant wait to see finished this image. All the best for you my friend!! Cheers! :D

musi
01-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Hi Neville,

It's long time since I have posted on your thread - but I have been watching it!
How do you paint like that?! It's great to see things coming alive. LOVE the way you render metal surfaces!

I really hope for you winning this time :)

vmulligan
01-11-2009, 05:50 AM
It's coming along nicely, Neville. Good luck!

nwiz25
01-11-2009, 03:13 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1231690404_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1231690404_large.jpg)

hey guys ..

looks like it's gonna take longer than i expected .. i don't think i'll be able to make it to the finishing line .. lots n lots of details to cover up .. but i intend to complete it no matter what ;) even after the challenge is over ..

here's to all the other entries! \:D/

cheers n good luck everyone!!

nwiz25
01-12-2009, 01:14 AM
it's good news indeed! .. we've got 7 days to go .. will try and finish this piece .. (hopefully) :blush:

MartinNielsen
01-12-2009, 07:12 AM
You can do it! :)

guterrez
01-12-2009, 09:24 PM
hey Neville, good to see some progress on this frontline
I`m damn curious how you will handle the complex setting with all the background and your perfectionism
the mood is really nice with the blues in the back and the soft orange glow in the foreground
have fun and all the best for you!
cheers,
Mathias

J-Knight
01-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Neville! Long time no answer, I'm sorry, on holiday :P . I like how the piece is coming together, if you don't mind my two cents, the arm that is closest to the unicorn appears to be shorter than the other and the eyes have a slight separation between them that makes them look a little too far apart, maybe I'm not getting it right? and somehow now it feels as if the face is too big for the body...just a couple of points of view! please finish it as it's coming great!

lightrig
01-12-2009, 11:52 PM
hey the horse is come out cool soory could not replay was kind of busy for all the wrong reason the project which our studio was going to work on did not matrialize and the studio went in kind of bad situation and henc it fired all artist including me so i was busy with all that issue. working more on my demo reel because banglore is right now is fully out of jobs
men the situation is a real mees right now . so i guess this has been a bad new year for me .. ur work is coming out cool lets see the fianl comp but i do aggre with the post above the arm thing is lloking kind of odd

Rivenis
01-13-2009, 01:30 AM
this is looking interesting....i was looking at some of your other stuff, and i've gotta say its pretty damn awesome. its a shame you didn't get to finish your design fusion entry for the deadline, cuz the finished product was amazing. Anyway i really hope the same doesn't happen in this contest, hope you can finish in time. Good luck man!

nwiz25
01-13-2009, 03:34 AM
OZ ~ bro!! am i happy to see ya o what! :bounce: :D ... yup yup ... me really tryin to close this one for sure .. too many details needed man :cry: keepin my fingers crossed ...
how's it goin on your side? my apologies for not being able to comment n cheer :( .. ( but i'll be back! ) god bless ya man! as always me adore your texturing skills!! :bowdown:

Ataulfo ~ thanks a lot buddy!

Ferx ~ fernando ma man! missed ya big time! on the other hand .. there are still some more surprises comin up .. it all depends how soon i get there .. need to speed up :(

musi ~ my dear friend! thanks a million for your kind wishes :love: i'm really sorry that i haven't been able to visit your thread :( .. somehow this time everything is in a rush .. getting hard to keep up ...
as for the metal surfaces .. once this is over .. i'll try n whip up a small making of .. it's been a long time i haven't created one ..

vmulligan ~ many thanks dude!

MartinNielsen ~ your timing is just right! thanks a lot bro!

guterrez ~ duuude!! :bounce: really happy to see ya man! me even happier that you like the color combo/composition ... yup .. in fact it's getting more complex day by day :( i really really hope i finish this once n for all ...

J-Knight ~ dude .. i've noted down all the important points that you've mentioned .. really helped .. i'll get on it right away n see how it turns out .. thanks a lot droppin by!

lightrig ~ really sorry to hear that mate :( .. do add me on yahoo chat .. we'll talk more ..

Rivenis ~ thanks a lot bro! means a lot! me really hope that i finish this in time .. otherwise it'll bother me through n through :O .. take care mate! let the best artist win!!

cabertevon
01-13-2009, 05:22 AM
Neville - Almost there. I'm always facinated with your clean art. Good luck.

OZ
01-13-2009, 08:03 AM
7 DAYS MOOOREEE! KEEP IT UUUUUUUUP!!! go go go go go go go!! :bounce:

neurolinked
01-13-2009, 12:27 PM
I have abandoned any possibility of being able to finish the picture in time, it brings you, Artemis, into the world steampunk ;) !
Good luck

nwiz25
01-17-2009, 07:20 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1232180438_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1232180438_medium.jpg)

painted the fox (one of the wilderness animals) as quickly as i could ... still have a long way to go :(

back to work buddies! ..

i'm going crazy!!!!! :| :O

Jassar
01-17-2009, 08:41 AM
You can finish this... go go go :buttrock:

MartinNielsen
01-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Excellent eye and fur painting :thumbsup: Go go go!

dodgeOrBURN
01-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi Neville!

WOW! This is incredible! Artemis is absolutely stunning and her mount is gorgeous! But what else would we expect from you? Keep it up, my friend! You are almost there!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lynda

Rupy
01-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Hey Neville,

Looking good, seems like everyones on a busy schedule, love the details in the fox, can't wait to see it all together, cheers

Rupy

nwiz25
01-18-2009, 03:04 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1232294640_medium.jpg (http://assets.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/22/15716/15716_1232294640_medium.jpg)

trying to tackle everything now ...

having doubts whether i'll be able to finish it in time :| ...

anyways ... moving on ...

balasa
01-18-2009, 05:40 PM
nice work. I hope you get to finish this on time

lightrig
01-18-2009, 09:30 PM
bhai u better hurry yar i want to see this one finished . bythe ways added u in my yahoo account dint have one made one its lightrig5@yahoo.co.in . best of luck : ;)

JackZhang
01-19-2009, 01:26 AM
hey mate, 21 hrs left. hurry up!
Good luck. really hope you can make it.

J-Knight
01-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Hey Neville! Looking great now. I love the fox. I've followed your thread and you never dissapoint. I like the way you have achieved the metal texture....I still have problems with mine....if you could check out my horse... hehe

vmulligan
01-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Ah, nuts. I'm really sorry you didn't finish in time, Neville. I hope you finish this one in any case -- it's great so far.

Coldrum
01-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Ahhgh what happened? Sorry you didnt get to finish you image Neville.. it looks like you spent many hours rendering. Maybe loosen your technique next time and you can get more done :(

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2009, 11:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.