PDA

View Full Version : Logo placement using plant stems

splinta
11-11-2008, 06:51 AM
Hi all

I need to animate a plant stem with a piece of a logo on the end. The stem has to grow and move around, ending in the placement of a piece of the logo. The logo pieces scale remains constant also, only the plant stem increases. The are a lot of these so the simpler the setup, the better. I'm using Maya 2008 Complete so hair is not an option.

Any ideas on how to set this up would be much appreciated.

edwardG
11-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, a simple solution would be to create a joint chain and some controller object, then do some scale constraints so that you could make the stem grow larger. You could then group the logo and parent constrain (or point constrain depending on the results you need) it to the end joint of the stem. This should allow you to scale the stem while keeping the logo the same size.

splinta
11-13-2008, 05:22 AM
The only thing i'm worried about though, is getting that curvy motion of a plant growing. I've tried a setup with an extruded surface along a curve with control objects. But the scaling is all wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion edwardG, sounds like it will work. I will give it a try.

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2008, 05:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.