PDA

View Full Version : tracking body parts

pbarnes
11-10-2008, 04:07 PM
so i have a uni project and have access to PFTrack, AE, Maya, fusion and premiere to do it in (i know some progs above do the same as others on the list)

so i have to make a superhero power,
i hant to track my hand so that the effect whether it be fluids or what have you is matchmoved to my hand.

any tips on how to track and best way to marke my hand with least paint out

cheers

DanBroughton
11-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Depends on how its going to be lit, if it's a dark scene use white dots or crosses and dark if its going to be light. They should be placed on the hand bone ends Wrist, knuckles etc and make sure to take some footage of the hand without the tracking marks so you have something to stick back over the dots. The amount of dots depends on how you want to track the hand, if you want to keep the hand animation use more if its just a question of placing something in a palm use less.

Anyway that's what I would do with it, other people probably have different/better ideas, so the best thing is to experiment. Good luck

By the way shake and nuke have far better tracking than AE. I dont know what fusions and PF track are like.

pbarnes
11-10-2008, 09:42 PM
cheers will look into that,

wasnt planning on using AE was gonna go with PFTrack, nut thought i would mention it in case some1 new some tricks for it

CGTalk Moderation
11-10-2008, 09:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.