PDA

View Full Version : i3DTutorials™ releases “Rendering with SOFTIMAGE|XSI v.I: mental ray™”

i3DTutorials
11-10-2008, 02:28 PM
i3DTutorials™ releases “Rendering with SOFTIMAGE|XSI v.I: mental ray™”

Miami, FL - November 2008 – i3DTutorials™ announces their latest training product for SOFTIMAGE|XSI, " Rendering with SOFTIMAGE|XSI v.I: mental ray ™". This latest offering from the growing i3DTutorials™ library of SOFTIMAGE|XSI training products, teaches artists advanced production techniques for using the industry standard mental ray renderer to create imagery of exquisite and stunning detail. Emphasizing production proven techniques, users are taken through a series of demanding production scenes that mimic the complex scenarios and problems commonly found when producing renders for production. Learn new features and tools in SOFTIMAGE|XSI 7 that will allow you to take advantage of the latest mental ray technology and take your renders to the next level. Some highlights include Photographic Exposure, Portal Lights, Ambient Occlusion Caching, Importons, Color Management, Tone Mapping, and much more. By taking you through the entire production process of rendering with these new features and showing you how the tools you learned apply to industry work and production, artists will have a more profound learning experience and understanding of how to use their newfound knowledge in a production environment. Addressing the need and demand for professional training for SOFTIMAGE|XSI, “Rendering with SOFTIMAGE|XSI v.I: mental ray ™” teaches the techniques needed to truly take advantage of the power of SOFTIMAGE|XSI 7 and mental ray.

For more information about “Rendering with SOFTIMAGE|XSI v.I: mental ray™”, please visit:

http://www.i3dtutorials.com/tutorial/51_rendering-with-softimage-xsi-v-i-mental-ray

Press inquiries: info@i3dtutorials.com

http://www.i3dtutorials.com/img/51-large-1224605747.jpg

About i3DTutorials™
i3DTutorials™ is a digital content creation training company focused on creating the latest cutting edge training material for a broad range of computer graphics software. With a growing library of training titles for the most popular software, i3DTutorials™ is one of only a few companies creating hi-end training material for SOFTIMAGE|XSI® and Autodesk software. With an emphasis on teaching industry techniques, i3DTutorials™ has training products designed for hobbyists, professionals, students, and professors. i3DTutorials™ training products cover a wide array of topics and features within computer graphics that are designed to have even students creating hi-end professional projects. For more information about i3DTutorials™, please visit www.i3DTutorials.com (http://www.i3DTutorials.com)

About Softimage
Softimage is a part of Avid Technology, Inc., and develops leading-edge 3D technology used in customer-centric solutions that enable professionals in the games, film and television industry to realize their creative vision. Award-winning feature films, television productions and top-selling video games are made using Softimage software. Its flagship product, SOFTIMAGE|XSI, is an extensible 3D animation software solution built on the most modern architecture in the industry and is used by leading media and entertainment companies such as Digital Domain, SEGA Corporation, CAPCOM, Animal Logic, and The Mill. Other solutions from Softimage include: SOFTIMAGE|FACE ROBOT®, lifelike facial animation software; SOFTIMAGE|CAT™, a complete character animation plug-in; and SOFTIMAGE Alienbrain®, a digital asset management solution for artists; For more information about Softimage, visit www.softimage.com (http://www.softimage.com).

About Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid is a worldwide leader in tools for film, video, audio, 3D animation, gaming and broadcast professionals – as well as for home audio and video enthusiasts. Avid professional and consumer brands include Avid®, Digidesign®, M-Audio®, Pinnacle Systems®, Sibelius®, Softimage and Sundance Digital®. The vast majority of primetime television shows, feature films, commercials and chart-topping music hits are made using one or more Avid products. Whether used by seasoned professionals or beginning students, Avid’s products and services enable customers to work more efficiently, productively and creatively. Avid received an Oscar® statuette representing the 1998 Scientific and Technical Award for the concept, design, and engineering of the Avid® Film Composer® system for motion picture editing. For more information about the company’s Oscar, Grammy® and Emmy® award-winning products and services, visit www.avid.com (http://www.avid.com).

# # #

© 2008 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, system requirements, and availability are subject to change without notice. Promotions and discounts are subject to availability and change without notice. All prices are USMSRP for the U.S. and Canada only and are subject to change without notice. Contact your local Avid office or reseller for prices outside the U.S. and Canada. Avid, Digidesign, Film Composer, M-Audio, Pinnacle Systems, Sibelius, Sundance Digital, Softimage, Face Robot, and XSI are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Oscar is a trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Emmy is a registered trademark of ATAS/NATAS. Grammy is a trademark of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, Inc. mental ray is a registered trademark of mental images GmbH in the USA and other countries. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.

CGTalk Moderation
11-10-2008, 02:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.