PDA

View Full Version : Rigging the head only or rig with body and head?

LiChih
11-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi there, guys,

I think this is the correct way to do it. I have an armor, and a head that is seperate from the entire model. I should rig the body alone as it is , then rig the head alone to do blend shapes correct? After I get all the blendshape done, How do i connect the head in place so when the model moves, the head goes along with it? just parent the head rig to the rig of the neck? Im just a little confuse on that last part.

wamo
11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Hey,you can use parenting or constraints, for example you can use a point constraint and let the rotation be free, when moving handles, or do both rotation and position constarints, as the armour setup if you want to avoid some scripting on the armour , try to use cloth simulation or riged body.

labbejason
11-09-2008, 07:48 PM
You could make a copy of the head and body, then attach them together so you have one whole mesh. It should be alot easier to skin that way so you aren't struggling to get any seams on the head area. After you skin that, skinwrap your seperate body and head meshes to your whole mesh, and it should look seamless. Hope that's what you were asking for. :D

Keithtron
11-21-2008, 06:19 PM
It really depends on how much of the head is showing. Are you only showing the face, or some of the neck too? If it's just the face poking through the armor, then I would just parent constrain the face to the head joint. If any of the neck is showing I would smooth bind the head to the skeleton, and then pipe in your blendshapes to the skinned head.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2008, 06:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.