PDA

View Full Version : i've got an idea!

mental
06-13-2003, 07:01 PM
from time to time when i'm working with Maya i use the calculator included with Win2K to do some simple calculations. it's kind of a pain though to keep switching back and forth between the two especially since you can't copy and paste values between the two. so...

it would be really cool if there was a flexible caculator included in the Maya UI that could load values from any animatable parameter. you would even be able to right click on any object's value and have the option to load that number into the calculator. and what would be even cooler would be the ability to load and hold on to several values at a time. another feature would be the ability to work on multiple calculations at once in different 'workspaces' in the calculator window and then be able to use any of those values between the different calculations that you're working on. and finally you could right click on any animatable parameter and have the option to load the different values automatically.

oh, and one last thing: the ability to offset any number and have a list made of those values for example: .03125, .0625 .125, .25, .5, .625, .75, .875, 1

what do you guys think of the idea?

*sigh* unfortunately i don't know enough MEL to do this but a man can dream, a man can dream...

-mental :surprised

wrend
06-15-2003, 04:06 PM
yeah, itd be nice and handy. why not make it your project to learn mel with? it would be quite a manageable task in the context of learning i think.

btw, you can copy and paste between the w2k calculator and maya ...thats what i currently do...

mental
08-02-2003, 04:40 AM
thanks for the reply wrend, and sorry for not responding earlier.

you're right, i should try this out as my first advanced mel script. i picked up Mark Wilkins' Mel book a little while back so that should offer me a good foundation. once i feel confident enough this will be the first project that i'll tackle :)

thanks again
-mental :surprised

wrend
08-04-2003, 02:32 PM
groovin! look forward to it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.